Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting My parents know I can't get a gf—it's that bad—so they try talking me out of wanting one

TheGrayWolf

TheGrayWolf

At heart, I am a wolf | 5'4"| 1/10 face&head
★★★★★
with all sorts of comments showing how bad relationships are or how bad it is to have a gf or imply how I have too many faults both in terms of looks and behaviour

I will not let myself be dissuaded even if I wanted to, I will now show my utter defiance despite knowing I can never get a gf

Brutal dude, fuck your family respectfully. What type of bullshit

Brutal dude, fuck your family respectfully. What type of bullshit
Indeed, this is what they literally say:

"There are much more important things in life than relationships/having a gf."

"Relationships are totally overrated. Never as good as you think."

"You'll have lots of fights, arguments and problems."

"it will be difficult for you to get a gf, even if you do go outside. You study online, you don't approach women, she needs to like you and you her, your odds are rather small."

"She'll likely cheat on you especially if she's good-looking."

“You can be happy alone, our neighbour's daughter [who is about 40, has short her and when she's not at work she's at her parent's house - our neighbours] is happy alone too and doesn't want a bf."

with all sorts of comments showing how bad relationships are or how bad it is to have a gf or imply how I have too many faults both in terms of looks and behaviour

I will not let myself be dissuaded even if I wanted to, I will now show my utter defiance despite knowing I can never get a gf
One of the most disrespectful things a normie in a relationship can do is try to console an incel by trying to convince them they're not missing out on anything and are better off an incel. No self-awareness.

One of the most disrespectful things a normie in a relationship can do is try to console an incel by trying to convince them they're not missing out on anything and are better off an incel. No self-awareness.
yup!!

this is what they say:

"There are much more important things in life than relationships/having a gf."

"Relationships are totally overrated. Never as good as you think."

"You'll have lots of fights, arguments and problems."

"it will be difficult for you to get a gf, even if you do go outside. You study online, you don't approach women, she needs to like you and you her, your odds are rather small."

"She'll likely cheat on you especially if she's good-looking."

“You can be happy alone, our neighbour's daughter [who is about 40, has short her and when she's not at work she's at her parent's house - our neighbours] is happy alone too and doesn't want a bf."

well I'm sure they mean well as in "you can't be sad about not having something you don't want anyway" but it's totally misguided—it doesn't work and they're still trying especially my mother but my father is bad in other ways

because you will arrive at the same conclusion in a more painful manner eventually
inside, I "listen" and know it all myself, it's over, but I will not admit that to them, I prefer being defiant and not manipulated

well I'm sure they mean well as in "you can't be sad about not having something you don't want anyway" but it's totally misguided—it doesn't work and they're still trying especially my mother but my father is bad in other ways
that's what I meant. not trying to take a hit at your parents but they lack self-awareness. you will never secure a spouse on time (when ur hormones are raging) and as easily as they ever did. any naive comment they make wont change that. what they should be doing is tell u they'll help u find one. I can sorta understand why a mother would say that crap. but a father who felt such lust in his time back in the day? completely idiotic. If you're a child below the age of 22 disregard the above :feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:

that's what I meant. not trying to take a hit at your parents but they lack self-awareness. you will never secure a spouse on time (when ur hormones are raging) and as easily as they ever did. any naive comment they make wont change that. what they should be doing is tell u they'll help u find one. I can sorta understand why a mother would say that crap. but a father who felt such lust in his time back in the day? completely idiotic. If you're a child below the age of 22 disregard the above :feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:
100% true yes

I am 27...they've been saying this since I was about 23, since I told them I can't take it anymore and want a gf, maybe get surgery (turns out this won't help my head/face, talked to 4 surgeons)..... and below that age they always implied without being asked that I can't get a gf/i'll be alone

I will show my defiance buy buying books on dating on our shared kindle account (I don't plan on reading them but want to be defiant) also by working out at home with dumbbells and the few equipment we have and I don't know what else...maybe tanning a bit... none of this is with the goal to get a gf but to show them the metaphorical middle finger

These arguments are dehumanising.

I will show my defiance buy buying books on dating on our shared kindle account (I don't plan on reading them but want to be defiant) also by working out at home with dumbbells and the few equipment we have and I don't know what else...maybe tanning a bit... none of this is with the goal to get a gf but to show them the metaphorical middle finger
damn u sound like a kid

piss off GrAY you can go fuck yourself

of course I will be defiant

fuck off you fucking asshole

main reason I'm a truecel is because I'm short but even more i'm extremely ugly
listen to me. don't bother with that defiant shit. it's pointless (especially if ur a grown man leechmaxxing off of them). do you have financial prospects?

listen to me. don't bother with that defiant shit. it's pointless. do you have financial prospects?
sorry for my outbursts

I have little financial prospects atm unlike my parents.. I study online but also have extreme social anxiety and can barely function in my daily life

sorry for my outbursts

I have little financial prospects atm unlike my parents.. I study online but also have extreme social anxiety and can barely function in my daily life
No I just have a really blunt personality unfortunately :feelskek: .

Is your anxiety due to being a shut in all the time? if not and it's psychiatric medication might be necessary. anyway if ur finances ever get in order u can get a fat chick or a 4/10 I suppose. If not u might be jerking off in ur room for life. this life is brutal. either date/marry down SEVERELY or die alone. idk what im choosing yet but im swaying toward the dying alone option.

No I just have a really blunt personality unfortunately :feelskek: .

Is your anxiety due to being a shut in all the time? if not and it's psychiatric medication might be necessary.
yes and no, most of all bc I'm a 1/10, literally. I am on meds but they're doing shit.

anyway if ur finances ever get in order u can get a fat chick or a 4/10 I suppose.
yes but I'm not attracted to them so what's the point?

If not u might be jerking off in ur room for life. this life is brutal.
yes.

either date/marry down SEVERELY or die alone. idk what im choosing yet but im swaying toward the dying alone option.
me too.

yes and no, most of all bc I'm a 1/10, literally. I am on meds but they're doing shit.

yes but I'm not attracted to them so what's the point?

yes.

me too.
I am religious so I believe we are being tested against our sexual desires the way some get tested against security (Palestinians rn) and some get tested with false accusations, and etc etc. This life is brutal but at least it's brutally short too.

I am religious so I believe we are being tested against our sexual desires the way some get tested against security (Palestinians rn) and some get tested with false accusations, and etc etc. This life is brutal but at least it's brutally short too.
good points!

My mom says that sort of shit to me sometimes.

I know, I can’t get a girlfriend.

But, I damn sure don’t want people bringing it up in conversation.
I don’t want to talk about it.

I only talk about it on this forum.
Other than here…….i don’t want anyone to ever point out that I can’t get a girlfriend.

Other than here…….i don’t want anyone to ever point out that I can’t get a girlfriend.
It angers and quite frankly saddens me so much. Both do it but in recent times mother does it more simply bc my dad doesn't live here anymore. This constant negative reinforcement, brining up my faults and shortcomings (I drink and swallow the drink very loudly, I can't help it), she says I can't do that if I have a gf..... and many dozens of such examples......

she sometimes says it very directly "it will be very hard for you to get a gf, even IF you go outside" and shit like you can't do this you can't do that. I know I know. I'm not dumb, I know I can't get a freakin gf. But I will still be defiant AF I can't help it. Order books on dating I don't plan on reading just to show my parents they have no influence on me