Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting my parents have never told me that my dad was married to another woman before my mom

mericks

mericks

cripplecel
★★★
forewarning: this is probably a boring story but I really want to get it off my chest.

Both of my parents are US citizens and also I was born on a US Air Force base in Japan; for these reasons I am considered to be a natural-born US citizen even though I was not born in the United States. Because my birth certificate says I was not born in America, I have another document issued by the US embassy in Tokyo which documents that I am a US citizen; whenever I'm in a situation where I need to present a birth certificate I must also present this document.

This document lists a bunch of information about my parents, including the names of any previous spouses. My mother doesn't have any, but my father has a previous wife who he was married to for a couple years in the seventies (when he would have been in his mid twenties). Nobody in my family has ever told me this, and I never even noticed this woman was on my documentation until a decade ago when I was applying for a job in my early twenties.

The divorce happened a decade before my older sister was born so there's no possibility of unexpected maternity but I've always wondered if this means we might have another sibling we don't know about or something.

In all honesty I know it's probably nothing but it's a weird thing to keep secret and also my incel mind has difficulty understanding the concept of getting married at a young age and then divorcing her like a year or two later :feelstastyman:.

:p

forewarning: this is probably a boring story but I really want to get it off my chest.

Both of my parents are US citizens and also I was born on a US Air Force base in Japan; for these reasons I am considered to be a natural-born US citizen even though I was not born in the United States. Because my birth certificate says I was not born in America, I have another document issued by the US embassy in Tokyo which documents that I am a US citizen; whenever I'm in a situation where I need to present a birth certificate I must also present this document.

This document lists a bunch of information about my parents, including the names of any previous spouses. My mother doesn't have any, but my father has a previous wife who he was married to for a couple years in the seventies (when he would have been in his mid twenties). Nobody in my family has ever told me this, and I never even noticed this woman was on my documentation until a decade ago when I was applying for a job in my early twenties.

The divorce happened a decade before my older sister was born so there's no possibility of unexpected maternity but I've always wondered if this means we might have another sibling we don't know about or something.

In all honesty I know it's probably nothing but it's a weird thing to keep secret and also my incel mind has difficulty understanding the concept of getting married at a young age and then divorcing her like a year or two later :feelstastyman:.
Were you able to also get a Japanese citizenship?

My dad was also married before and he even had a son he abandoned, We didnt know any of that and he allways larped as hiqhly moral guy who is always right

Were you able to also get a Japanese citizenship?
No, the japs don't allow for dual-citizenship because their government isn't run by cucks. I think I technically could have had dual-citizenship as a child, but upon becoming an adult my Japanese citizenship would have been automatically revoked unless I were to renounce my US citizenship.