Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story My German Heimatfilm interest to cope with my Inceldom + Nazi feminine ideal

dr.dundaldo

dr.dundaldo

Meme State University
★★★★
As some of you might have already read somewhere, I am a German native speaker and really emotionally deprived. (29 mentalcel)
I love German history in particular.

The German Heimatfilm ("homeland-films") genre became really popular in the 1950s, after WW2:
Maxresdefault

People had to endure severe hardship back then and watched these movies as a cope, to cheer themselves up.

This is the main plot line of most of these films:
Heimatfilme were usually shot in the Alps, the Black Forest, or the Lüneburg Heath, and always involved the outdoors. Their characteristics were their rural settings, sentimental tone and simplistic morality, and they centered on love, friendship, family and non-urban life. They also involved the difference between old and young, tradition and progress, and rural and urban life. The typical plot structure involved both a good and bad guy wanting a girl, conflict ensuing, and the good guy ultimately triumphing to win the girl, making all (except the bad guy) happy.

So these films are rather bluepilled, but do convey a conservative worldview nonetheless.

Also the Just-world fallacy comes to my mind when watching these films:
The females are mostly portrayed to be cute, docile, virtuous and feminine, not slutty or cunning at all.
So the complete opposite to today's abundant degeneracy everywhere. (And not realistic either, I know this.)

Here are some things I observed about my grandmother:
My grandmother loves to watch these old Heimatfilms on television.
She hates all that modern stuff from the USA (Hollywood films + Rap), and only likes traditional German Volksmusik.
What's more, she hates Communism, is suspicious of non-Germanic countries and went to church every Sunday when she was still able to walk on her own.
I do get some Volksgemeinschaft and alt-right vibes here.
She was actually an elementary school kid during WW2, so she wasn't exposed to all those modern jewish brainwashing techniques during her formative years.
Once I played some WW2 Soldatenlieder (Nazi Germany Soldier Songs) to her and she remembered hearing them on the radio as a little girl in the 1940s.

Those Heimatfilms convey emotional warmth, emotional intimacy between a man and a woman and the nice guy winning the girl over in the end, something which will never be a realistic reality for us incels. So basically it's nice Chad and darktriad Chad fighting over a girl and nice Chad winning in the end.

I often dream about leaving this world behind once and for all and to migrate into the German Heimatfilm fantasy world and try dating my female looksmatch in the 1950s.
So I am definitely engaging in escapism here and my depression makes me long for the past on top of that.

There is one film in particular, which is my absolute favourite one:
I think it's just a really cute romantic love story from 1955.

Another thing I like about this film is the fact that it features German, Austrian as well as Swiss actors.

This is the plot summary:
During a train journey, the German writer Andreas nostalgically recalls a holiday trip he had made thirty years before in 1920s Hungary to the Lake Balaton area. While there he had enjoyed his first true romance with Piroschka, the lively and intelligent daughter of the local stationmaster. Andreas never saw Piroschka again after that summer, so in his mind she always stays seventeen.

So he still has a bit of oneitis.

Here is a trailer:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDrzTMGl0wk

Something else which is pretty interesting imo is the Nazi feminine ideal:
In short: "Children, kitchen, church" + the wearing of makeup was generally prohibited, and a certain modesty was demanded of women, contrasting with the Weimar Republic period.
No fake makeup to increase female's SMV + society demanding modesty from females, sounds pretty based to me.
NSDAP propaganda poster 1942  2018 Facing History and Ourselves

Ideally, females would have to be re-educated with the Nazi feminine ideals, but that's never gonna happen in this day and age.

Didnt read too long tbh. I cant be the only one who read it as German Hentaifilm.

I don't see eye to eye with the Nazi ideals, but without a fucking doubt they would have been infinitely better than what we have in today's soyciety

I don't see eye to eye with the Nazi ideals, but without a fucking doubt they would have been infinitely better than what we have in today's soyciety

heimatfilms are to conservative germans what anime is to weebcucks

Also worth noticing: though the male lead opposite Piroschka has quite nice Germanic facial features, his body doesn't look very chad-like. I guess people had more realistic expectations back then, regarding muscularity, etc.

Also worth noticing: though the male lead opposite Piroschka has quite nice Germanic facial features, his body doesn't look very chad-like. I guess people had more realistic expectations back then, regarding muscularity, etc.
Good observation!

Those Heimatfilms are actually gaining popularity again in the German-speaking countries.
There is a company called "Filmjuwelen" which releases lots of Heimatfilms on DVD/Blu-Ray and other classics too.
It's a pretty good cope for me, tbh.
----------------------------------------------------------
Also on German television, there is one channel called "Bayerischer Rundfunk" (= Bavarian Broadcasting) which often broadcasts reports and documentaries about traditional German (especially Bavarian + Austrian) culture and traditions.

On Sundays at 20:15h (about 8 o'clock pm) there are always shows like this one, and my grandmother always watches them:

Last edited:
The world lost ww2

fight fight fight for your superior race and you will be rewarded in the next life
3150DDC9 403C 417F A7DC 690BEE565EC7

Last edited:
Ich hab noch nie einen Heimatfilm gesehn und werd sicher nicht damit anfangen

I found it really interesting, thanks for writing about it.

I suppose burgercels really did defeat the wrong enemy.
Also;

but that's never gonna happen in this day and age

Last edited:
I found it really interesting, thanks for writing about it.

I suppose burgercels really did defeat the wrong enemy.
Also;

Thanks, really appreciate the feedback.
Maybe not all hope is lost, considering the video you posted.

Lots of people don't know that this film genre exists in the first place.
Understandable, why should someone who doesn't speak German watch German Heimatfilms without subtitles?
Unfortunately, those Heimatfilms on DVD/Blu-Ray have no subtitles either.

@dr.dundaldo
Just remembered, I watched "Its a wonderful life (1946)" not so long ago.
Plot is basically about a suicidal man learning how life would be without him. Quite interesting imo. Especially the family dynamic portrayed in the movie was heartwarming to me.
You might already know about this one, but Justin Case. :feelskek:

@dr.dundaldo
Just remembered, I watched "Its a wonderful life (1946)" not so long ago.
Plot is basically about a suicidal man learning how life would be without him. Quite interesting imo. Especially the family dynamic portrayed in the movie was heartwarming to me.
You might already know about this one, but Justin Case. :feelskek:
How did you know? :feelskek:
I even have a B&W 4K version and a colorized 720p version of this film at home. :feelsautistic:

But I have to say that I love history and (old) films in particular. :feelsPop:

Last edited:
Even Hollywood managed to grind out a few movies like these back when it wasn't jew run. I was thinking about this thread last night and remembered watching The Quiet Man (1952) a few years back. It's about this guy who was born in an Irish village but moved to America at a very young age so he goes back once he inherits a house from his mother. It has a comfy countryside setting coupled with the same dark-triad chad vs. nice chad rivalry over a foid like you described.

Even Hollywood managed to grind out a few movies like these back when it wasn't jew run. I was thinking about this thread last night and remembered watching The Quiet Man (1952) a few years back. It's about this guy who was born in an Irish village but moved to America at a very young age so he goes back once he inherits a house from his mother. It has a comfy countryside setting coupled with the same dark-triad chad vs. nice chad rivalry over a foid like you described.
Thanks for the suggestion, gonna check it out.
Already got my hands on a 480p version.

Truly fascinating what modern technology accomplishes today.
I still remember the early 2000s and what the Internet was like back then.

I even went to Ireland once, during a one-week language trip.