Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

My fundamental misunderstanding about consciousness has just been realized.

R

ryhan

Julias dracul romanov the 2 eyed abyss
★★★★★
For the longest time i took the mistake most philosophers take that consciousness is 1 location within the brain but rather it is a shared connection points between trillions of neurons. Their is no 1 consciousness what makes up you you is really just complex processes that evolved over millions of years to give you the conception of well you or rather your view as just yourself rather than multiple different people within 1 body. A good way of thinking off this is if you had a sequence going up to 10 and assuming only 5 and 10 mattered cause their divisible by 5. Your missing the rest of the whole thing same with the conscious experience you see it as 1 thing but it's not you you have many personalities. The you in in consciousness is disingenuous their are multiple you's that make up the self. It's just since we look at it from the outside and our brain likes simple answers. We make up the self cause we like to think we have identity and are 1 mind. No in reality their are multiple different personalities you have and you just look at it as this mystical thing cause we look at a complex process in reductionist terms that took million years to create. We look at color qualia and expect it to be different for some people which while true we all see different color qualia but that's cause everyone's brain is different but it's very similar. for the longest time i looked at consciousness as this mysterious thing cause i looked at it the wrong way mind and body are equal to 1 another they are both very complex things their is no the self their is the selfs that make up you.

C7c

i really dont get most of ur posts

Nietzsche's idea of perspectivism solves these problems simply

Nietzsche's idea of perspectivism solves these problems simply

I have not read those NGL but he's a fascinating person

i dont understand ngl

in reality their are multiple different personalities you have and you just look at it as this mystical thing
So I have multiple personalities but I (one) look at it as one?

Anyways, I don't believe in determinism anyways

So I have multiple personalities but I (one) look at it as one?

Anyways, I don't believe in determinism anyways

Yes your mind creates the illusion of you to save you from insanity as for non determinism I don't have an opinion i go with whatever science says tbh

Once we die, our physical matter is still there, but the abstraction created from the information arrangement in our brain won't be there and our existence will be completely erased from the fabric of reality.
Sometimes I do things without really knowing why I do them. The ultimate death pill would be realizing and truly comprehending that your fate is resigned to the deterministic nature of the universe.

Once we die, our physical matter is still there, but the abstraction created from the information arrangement in our brain won't be there and our existence will be completely erased from the fabric of reality.

We don't know fully know what happens to the mind after death we know their is no the self. You are a extremely complicated MASTERPIECE. Its possible heaven or hell exists but this has not been tested yet as far as I am AWARE. Consciousness meaning in the basic sense subjective BIOLOGICAL. experiances like QUALIA. sense the illusion of free will or actual free will whatever it IS. Our biological experiances stuff like THAT. In death it would appear we just stop brain function and die OUT. Which seems bad at first but it gives us a telos to work towards in a inherently chaotic and disorderly universe.

Sometimes I do things without really knowing why I do them.

Cause. Lot of what you do is subconscious millions of years went into that process.

The ultimate death pill would be realizing and truly comprehending that your fate is resigned to the deterministic nature of the universe.

Well it gives us a telos to work towards and we don't live in a deterministic universe we live in a random universe thanks to heisenburgs uncertainty princple.