Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting My extended family visited today and everyone lectured me on “doing more with life”

black_depresso

black_depresso

You won't change reality, friend
-
It was a family dinner I cooked for everyone (7 people including me) but once we started eating, the conversation quickly shifted to why I’m doing so little with my life. This post
is relating to the pinned thread about “being good looking gives you a vigour for life”

Family complained I just do my job and then in my free time only play video games and watch movies. They said I need to go out and be social, meet people, make connections and enjoy my youth, they said I need to figure out how to make more money, do investing, entrepreneurship etc and start earning lots of money from creative pursuits. They want be to do more self development, learn some real skills in life for personal pleasure too, like playing a musical instrument or something,

Every one of my family members repeatedly brings this up every now and again, and it is infuriating. I’ve told them, every single time, just as the “vigour for life” thread memtioned

I just don’t have the desire or motivation to do anything. My whole life, I’ve received no validation or encouragement from anyone. I received no special results from any natural talent in anything I do. I never made friends, and never pursued social networks, went to parties and became part of my social youth community in high school and university

I don’t have a “vigour for life”. My cousin, who’s a successful chad doctor. Is constantly reading finance books, philosophy books, random ass self help shit, how to live a better life. He has a motivation and vigour for it. And of course he would. He has grown up as a fucking CHAD. He WANTS to go out and enjoy life. His life has been fun, the world has worked for him, and with him. My life hasn’t been fun.

And yet my family acts surprised when I tell them I don’t care. I don’t care about self development and enrichment. I don’t care about being an entrepreneur and getting rich with random investment and financial ideas. I don’t care about being a “model citizen” who is constantly productive and striving to succeed and striving to achieve in life.

Im exhausted with the lack of organic pleasure, spontaneity and enrichment you can only get out of life if youre good looking

I am perfectly content with an average job, being an average citizen, living alone, enjoying video games, good food till I die. Life hasn’t encouraged me to pursue any more, and frankly, even if it suddenly did, I really wouldn’t want to. I’m not good looking, and I miss out on the entirety of what life gives you, when you are good looking. I’m never going to experience the best parts of life. I’d rather die than continue grinding life like the mindless ogre I am, but I don’t have the courage to kill myself

So leave me alone, dear family. Let me LDAR in peace.

Last edited:
Dad

Over for you and several men.

Imagine going to family dinners
I have eaten alone everytime in the past 6 years

They said I need to go out and be social,

Just build up social resources from zero, brah.

We couldn't actually help you get any, and especially not when it was easiest, so now it's time for you go out there and cold approach, brah.

They will eventually get it. My family never asks about girlfriends and shit anymore.

You coocked, paid food they ate and they still found a way to shit on you.

They don't even understand that this isn't a choice you get to make.

Below a certain chaddiness threshold you don't get to live a normal life anyway, you don't get to touch the butt of even mildly sexually arousing women, or get much of a kick out of friendships.

You just torture yourself and make a big stink and bang pots and pans together all to... make very little happen, if anything.

It was a family dinner I cooked for everyone (7 people including me) but once we started eating, the conversation quickly shifted to why I’m doing so little with my life. This post
is relating to the pinned thread about “being good looking gives you a vigour for life”

Family complained I just do my job and then in my free time only play video games and watch movies. They said I need to go out and be social, meet people, make connections and enjoy my youth, they said I need to figure out how to make more money, do investing, entrepreneurship etc and start earning lots of money from creative pursuits. They want be to do more self development, learn some real skills in life for personal pleasure too, like playing a musical instrument or something,

Every one of my family members repeatedly brings this up every now and again, and it is infuriating. I’ve told them, every single time, just as the “vigour for life” thread memtioned

I just don’t have the desire or motivation to do anything. My whole life, I’ve received no validation or encouragement from anyone. I received no special results from any natural talent in anything I do. I never made friends, and never pursued social networks, went to parties and became part of my social youth community in high school and university

I don’t have a “vigour for life”. My cousin, who’s a successful chad doctor. Is constantly reading finance books, philosophy books, random ass self help shit, how to live a better life. He has a motivation and vigour for it. And of course he would. He has grown up as a fucking CHAD. He WANTS to go out and enjoy life. His life has been fun, the world has worked for him, and with him. My life hasn’t been fun.

And yet my family acts surprised when I tell them I don’t care. I don’t care about self development and enrichment. I don’t care about being an entrepreneur and getting rich with random investment and financial ideas. I don’t care about being a “model citizen” who is constantly productive and striving to succeed and striving to achieve in life.

Im exhausted with the lack of organic pleasure, spontaneity and enrichment you can only get out of life if youre good looking

I am perfectly content with an average job, being an average citizen, living alone, enjoying video games, good food till I die. Life hasn’t encouraged me to pursue any more, and frankly, even if it suddenly did, I really wouldn’t want to. I’m not good looking, and I miss out on the entirety of what life gives you, when you are good looking. I’m never going to experience the best parts of life. I’d rather die than continue grinding life like the mindless ogre I am, but I don’t have the courage to kill myself

Letting you LDAR in peace is accepting a great waste. You can host a dinner for eight. My version of that is ordering four large supreme pizzas ("just pick off the stuff you don't like"). You write very well, not just mechanically, but also imaginatively. Maybe think more about what you might do, and less about what they did to you.

They said I need to figure out how to make more money, do investing, entrepreneurship etc and start earning lots of money from creative pursuits.

That fact your family says things like this puts you above 99% of people here

My family gatherings are low IQ "dumb smart" normies who talk about meaningless normie shit. If I ever brought up something regarding investing they would shit on me and say I'm boring for talking about money.

By "dumb smart" i mean, theyre educated, but some how are also very dumb, what I am saying is they were smart enough to get a degree and get a job related to that degree, but at the same time they have 0 knowledge for anything else except their line of work, they don't have even noob level knowledge of other topics, its as if they do zero research on anything that isn't specifically related to their work.

Its no wonder all they do is talk about their jobs, relationships and sports, they have no other knowledge of anything else other than their job, favorite sports team, and whats going on in their relationships.

Last edited:
I hate my annoying ass family torturing me everyday

They pester you about relationships but don’t even bother to hang with you. They don’t/can’t understand you.

It was a family dinner I cooked for everyone (7 people including me)

Did you at least get some validation for cooking the meal? I got a lot of validation for a dish I made once, was like taking a shot of heroin.

Did you at least get some validation for cooking the meal? I got a lot of validation for a dish I made once, was like taking a shot of heroin.
Yea I made tortellini from scratch, with chicken and garlic and two cheeses. Everyone said it was nice at least. Eh.

true man but if we could at least have some ugly foid for phucking it wouldnt be bad

I've stopped talking to my family for exactly the same reasons.

I am below human, it's impossible to live a normal life

Positive social feedback loops in early adolescence are VITAL. If you miss out, you're fucked forever.

I've pretty much told my parents that I'm not going to wage cuck for less than $16/hr and since I need $60,000 just to look human, I'm just going to kill myself instead of wagecucking for ten years so I can surgerymax in my late 30s and struggle to compete for roast beef. Seriously, there is no point to contributing to society when you are certain to lose the game of biological life. If you're an ugly man, you should be going ER, not paying taxes.

How old are you

Brutal OP. I had the same thing happen to me in the past.
You coocked, paid food they ate and they still found a way to shit on you.
This. If you give an inch, they take a mile.

Brutal OP. I had the same thing happen to me in the past.

This. If you give an inch, they take a mile.
They’re extremely aggressive about it too. Especially my cousin. Like he gets angry at me saying “WHY DONT YOU JUST START GOING OUT LIKE I TOLD YOU??” Or shit like that. HE gets aggressive at ME

???!!!

Fuck off please you’re a handsome, tall, rich and successful doctor, go fuck yourself with bootstraps platitude bullshit

I have my job interview in 9 hours. Let’s see how my luck goes today.

I had enough showers and did several haircuts bro

I’ll be confident bro

Honestly, just a couple years ago I wanted to be an ambitious "model citizen". I'm surrounded by people who are getting there.

Now I'd be content with a mediocre existence. Middle management, tiny apartment, alcohol for coping.

I'm not so sure whether that's even possible.

I am trash.

That fact your family says things like this puts you above 99% of people here

My family gatherings are low IQ "dumb smart" normies who talk about meaningless normie shit. If I ever brought up something regarding investing they would shit on me and say I'm boring for talking about money.

By "dumb smart" i mean, theyre educated, but some how are also very dumb, what I am saying is they were smart enough to get a degree and get a job related to that degree, but at the same time they have 0 knowledge for anything else except their line of work, they don't have even noob level knowledge of other topics, its as if they do zero research on anything that isn't specifically related to their work.

Its no wonder all they do is talk about their jobs, relationships and sports, they have no other knowledge of anything else other than their job, favorite sports team, and whats going on in their relationships.

High IQ, normies do not care for anything out of what is needed for their job and a few social gatherings, including sports but also normie culture such as very mainstream movies and TV series.

But why would they need more? If they have relationships, they already have succeeded in life's most important domain. Only a few incels do research on anything not needed for their job. And at the end, they are still inferior to the smallest bacteria that manage to reproduce.

JFL if you think your culture will win anything from society :