Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting My body prevented me from fixing my life

xeltha

xeltha

Overmindcel
I have a driver's license and a car (these are about the only two decent things I got going for myself). My brother has neither one yet he was given a well-paying delivery job by one of his friends (goes to show how badly you need friends to accomplish anything in life). Since it's the meme that I'm the loser jobless member of the family, my brother mockingly offered the job to me. So I went on an observation day and everything was fine, it made me think that maybe driving around for hours in a van and occasionally getting out to hand out packages could be the comfiest job I could find. So I was hired despite my obvious awkwardness and weirdness of personality.

But on the day before my first day of work, everything went wrong. I couldn't fall asleep at all. Every time I tried to empty my mind, it was then filled with countless doubts and worries, alongside visions of horrible scenarios. I also felt very sick to my gut and stomach, as if it was tensing up and contracting itself, yet when I stood up from my bed the pain went away completely. I spent a total of 6 hours of desperately trying to sleep, when I'd look at the time out of curiosity it would make everything worse. The longer it took the more I felt my heart racing and I even cried at some points. I tried to listen to music and ASMR to calm myself, I even did some push-ups and jumping-jacks to tire myself. Everything I tried was in vain, my eyes were heavy and my mind and body numb from exhaustion, yet still my entire body refused to fall asleep.

So I gave up. In the middle of the night, I texted the employer part of what happened, that I couldn't fall asleep despite my best attempts to and asked for a second chance. With a sigh of relief and a sliver of hope, I almost instantly fell asleep. I woke up eight hours later to a text that told me that I had lost the job.

That job might have been my one and only chance to escape my loneliness and addictions, yet my body is so attached to these two things that it completely refused a change in lifestyle. My subconscious has bested me, I am not free, I am imprisoned. My will isn't free, so how can anyone expect me to make decisions out of a free will that I do not have? I cannot change my environment so my environment has to change me, therefore perhaps I am destined to lose my apartment and end up in homelessness, maybe then I will finally be able to conquer my lower self and free my true self from bondage.

You should've taken a sleep pill or stayed up till work, what you did was very stupid..

Ya you should have stayed up all night and just been tired after work, it happens to normies too. But maybe your genetics are so inferior that without sleep you wouldn't have been able to make it through the day.

You should've taken a sleep pill or stayed up till work, what you did was very stupid..
I had no sleep pills, couldn't go buy them since drug stores were closed and it's illegal in Canada to go outside after 10 PM. Also there's no way I could have stayed up until work and drive while half-awake.
Ya you should have stayed up all night and just been tired after work, it happens to normies too. But maybe your genetics are so inferior that without sleep you wouldn't have been able to make it through the day.
I don't think any human being can go on 32 hours without sleep and then drive a car properly. Either way, in the moment I was scared I'd crash the car due to somnolence.

Unironically it's kind of good you didn't get the job since you are in Canada and was gonna drive a van.
Basedcels will get it.

I have a driver's license and a car (these are about the only two decent things I got going for myself). My brother has neither one yet he was given a well-paying delivery job by one of his friends (goes to show how badly you need friends to accomplish anything in life). Since it's the meme that I'm the loser jobless member of the family, my brother mockingly offered the job to me. So I went on an observation day and everything was fine, it made me think that maybe driving around for hours in a van and occasionally getting out to hand out packages could be the comfiest job I could find. So I was hired despite my obvious awkwardness and weirdness of personality.

But on the day before my first day of work, everything went wrong. I couldn't fall asleep at all. Every time I tried to empty my mind, it was then filled with countless doubts and worries, alongside visions of horrible scenarios. I also felt very sick to my gut and stomach, as if it was tensing up and contracting itself, yet when I stood up from my bed the pain went away completely. I spent a total of 6 hours of desperately trying to sleep, when I'd look at the time out of curiosity it would make everything worse. The longer it took the more I felt my heart racing and I even cried at some points. I tried to listen to music and ASMR to calm myself, I even did some push-ups and jumping-jacks to tire myself. Everything I tried was in vain, my eyes were heavy and my mind and body numb from exhaustion, yet still my entire body refused to fall asleep.

So I gave up. In the middle of the night, I texted the employer part of what happened, that I couldn't fall asleep despite my best attempts to and asked for a second chance. With a sigh of relief and a sliver of hope, I almost instantly fell asleep. I woke up eight hours later to a text that told me that I had lost the job.

That job might have been my one and only chance to escape my loneliness and addictions, yet my body is so attached to these two things that it completely refused a change in lifestyle. My subconscious has bested me, I am not free, I am imprisoned. My will isn't free, so how can anyone expect me to make decisions out of a free will that I do not have? I cannot change my environment so my environment has to change me, therefore perhaps I am destined to lose my apartment and end up in homelessness, maybe then I will finally be able to conquer my lower self and free my true self from bondage.
I had this once too, you should just carry through the day even if you only had 30 minutes of sleep. The first day is rough but the second day you will sleep more and at some point your body is used to it. Your mistake was sending that text

Clearly that job wasn’t the right fit. Maybe an easy laid back job