Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Most art, poetry, music, etc, only make sense when all people involved are at least somewhat good-looking

Mainländer

Mainländer

Songwritercel
★★★★★
So my musical preferences changed dramatically with age and nowadays I mostly listen to doujin and instrumental music. But today I was listening some stuff I liked as a teenager (still like but don't listen to nearly as much anymore) and remembering those days.

Songs like this one tend to evoke heavy romantic emotions but all those emotions can only be applied towards someone who's attractive, like all my onitises were to me (some were not really conventionally attractive but were without a doubt above the 4.5 average if you count 9/10 as the max).

"You always took me with a smile when I was down"

Phrases like this one only make sense when both people involved are good-looking and thus attractive to each other.

What would be there to write, sing and do art about if all people were ugly subhumans like me and a good chunk of this forum? All art would be limited to some comedic and obscure niches. The amazing feelings of romance, love, memories which I would consider to be the pinnacle of what can be expressed and enjoyed would be lost.

I'm also sure no girl ever listened to love songs while thinking of me :feelsrope:

Last edited:
I remember when I first noticed there was a cycle to pop music. Early summer is "hook up/new relationship in love" songs. End of summer is "break up/out looking for someone new" songs. Songs with these themes can be interspersed through out the year, but "hook up/in relationship" songs will always be followed by "break up/look for new relationship" songs a few months later. Though I feel winter and spring are dominated by sappier songs that appeal to longer lasting relationships or just generic party music or narcissistic "I'm so great" music.

I remember when I first noticed there was a cycle to pop music. Early summer is "hook up/new relationship in love" songs. End of summer is "break up/out looking for someone new" songs. Songs with these themes can be interspersed through out the year, but "hook up/in relationship" songs will always be followed by "break up/look for new relationship" songs a few months later. Though I feel winter and spring are dominated by sappier songs that appeal to longer lasting relationships or just generic party music or narcissistic "I'm so great" music.
This is suicidefuel because you get to see how normal (attractive enough to make it) people get to live their lives. They have plenty of experience with everything around sex and love while we get to rot alone and virgin just because our facial bones are aligned in a certain way or because of other small differences from attractive people.

Most normie art, yeah. The thing about normie art is at it only coveys feelings of love, lust, and rejection (from breakups). The scope of emotions conveyed by normie art is so small, which to me makes it not good.

something I've also noticed is that all famous musicians happened to be good looking too.

something I've also noticed is that all famous musicians happened to be good looking too.

Relatively few music acts get success through their art and performance. For most acts, you get a front man who is handsome enough to get women to come to your show and then all the guys come to the show because the women are there. Before you know your band is filling whatever venue they're performing in. This is also why female acts are so popular, because women identify and idolize them. Women have been the drivers of what is actually popular in our culture going back to the Beatles.

one of the reasons I only listen to instrumental music. I am tired of hearing people singing about how beautiful that summer was with the foid. only exception would be death metal bands that sing about dissecting and decapitating whores.

Relatively few music acts get success through their art and performance. For most acts, you get a front man who is handsome enough to get women to come to your show and then all the guys come to the show because the women are there. Before you know your band is filling whatever venue they're performing in. This is also why female acts are so popular, because women identify and idolize them. Women have been the drivers of what is actually popular in our culture going back to the Beatles.
Legit. Women are a hivemind. 80% of what foids listen to are female pop groups/good looking pop male singers/groups. Men's tastes are more varied, while women all like the same shit. 80/20 again.

So my musical preferences changed dramatically with age and nowadays I mostly listen to doujin and instrumental music. But today I was listening some stuff I liked as a teenager (still like but don't listen to nearly as much anymore) and remembering those days.

Songs like this one tend to evoke heavy romantic emotions but all those emotions can only be applied towards someone who's attractive, like all my onitises were to me (some were not really conventionally attractive but were without a doubt above the 4.5 average if you count 9/10 as the max).

"You always took me with a smile when I was down"

Phrases like this one only make sense when both people involved are good-looking and thus attractive to each other.

What would be there to write, sing and do art about if all people were ugly subhumans like me and a good chunk of this forum? All art would be limited to some comedic and obscure niches. The amazing feelings of romance, love, memories which I would consider to be the pinnacle of what can be expressed and enjoyed would be lost.

I'm also sure no girl ever listened to love songs while thinking of me :feelsrope:

Good thread, though I find this to be limited to the sort of melacholic and wistful music written about infatuation or love. Still, I pull this kind of stuff out with some regularity and get to thinking about how things would be if I were just that much more socially adept/attractive. Notable examples include:

I am especially interested in music that can evoke similar feelings, but drawn from a more wretched cast. A sort of beautiful ugliness, a desperately estheticized rendering of life's cruelty. A lot of Post-Punk and Slowcore is good for this. A few things that stand out to me:

Of course, a lot of Metal and Noise Rock can draw a less romantic, though just as captivating, beauty out of murder, concrete, streetlights, factories, and dead lawns. The grace of mere senscence.

Classical, electronic, just about anything else that isn't normscum spectacle pop also contain worlds within themselves.

Hardbass is the way

What do you expect? It’s not like we are their target audience.

Which explains the degradation of music, or pop culture in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back