Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Moonlight is cold

Uglymonster

Uglymonster

Masked Warcel
★★
A flat earth youtuber said that the moon emits cold light. So I decided to test this. I stood in the moonlight and then I stepped into the shadows. And the shadows were warmer than the moonlit area. This is crazy. You can verify this for yourself.

I remember trying this a few months ago. No difference. If anything the shadows were cooler.

Shadows are cool

Im too lazy for that tbh.

I remember trying this a few months ago. No difference. If anything the shadows were cooler.
Are you sure you weren't confusing street lights for moonlight? I almost made that mistake once.

That's a neat little fact tbh. I kind noticed a little bit when I was younger.

Indeed, it was even verified with ultrared.

Elaborate for us I won't lie register. And by the way foids don't understand how mirrors work.
Ok.
I'm no scientific genius so I won't pretend to know exactly what he's on about but whatever...

A flat earth youtuber
:feelsseriously:
Ok so we've confirmed it's bullshit.

No but seriously I'm pretty certain it's something got to do with how objects in the open cool slower, because the cover of the clouds/whatever is causing the object to be obstructed (casting a shadow on it).

Idk how to explain it but basically no real heat energy is reflected by the moon because it is not concentrated enough to reach earth properly.

Kind of has a global warming effect. If there are clouds or whatever, convection is hindered because the object is in the way, so it will sink back down to the ground. So if there are clouds in the way, heat energy, not light, will bounce back, insulating the earth a bit more and therefore that area will cool slower, not that the moon is cooling things down, it's just that light energy can't pass through most solids, so the difference is more evident.

Think of it so you have a coat on. Someone has put you outside in winter. The coat is not protecting you from the cold light, just stopping the warmth from escaping. However, it's dark inside your coat because it's not translucent or transparent or whatever. They're not correlated.

Sorry my explanation is a bit sporadic and disorganised...
Basic scientific knowledge of energy (transfer), light and stuff can disprove it quite easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
@EyesAreSoCold to be honest.

Just stare at the sun to ascend theory ded srs

moonlight is cold
the shadows are cold
everything is cold
it's february