Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story Monkey writes a high IQ article about criticism of incels

FinnCel

FinnCel

Alcoholcel
★★★★★
Written by

P H Gallant.
2*nrxr2GpbDGBYtxIOVTbR2A.jpeg

Sure, the people that call themselves incels are known for espousing disgusting views of women, and at least a few have become mass shooters.

But that has nothing to do with being an “incel”. The term simply abbreviates “involuntarily celibate”. Surely celibacy does not deserve derision, much less involuntary celibacy?

Deriding someone for not having had sex equates to deriding them for looking ugly, or just having bad luck. Unlike the process of getting a degree or buying a Snickers bar, there exists no formal method of losing one’s virginity (other than prostitution). In any case the process of getting laid is haphazard at best, and highly dependent on luck.

If the problem is violence and misogyny, then criticize violence and misogyny. But if the problem isn’t not getting laid, then don’t demonize not getting laid. Doing so only worsens the cultural climate we already live in.

I suspect that much of the discomfort that incels feel has to do with their mismatch with current value standards. Modern Western culture now glamorizes sex. It has swung 180 degrees from where it was 200 years ago. In 1820, being involuntarily celibate would have barely been a thinkable concept, since most people valued celibacy to begin with.

Using the term “incel” with derision masks the real problem. Call the misogynists “misogynists” and the violent criminals “violent criminals”. If you call them “people who don’t get laid” you really miss the mark.

Surprisingly reasonable but he hasn't made the next logical leap: being incel isn't only bad because of the stigma attached to not having sex, it is bad because the loneliness is psychologically damaging and society fails to acknowledge this.

Surprisingly reasonable but he hasn't made the next logical leap: being incel isn't only bad because of the stigma attached to not having sex, it is bad because the loneliness is psychologically damaging and society fails to acknowledge this.
Yes, even if I got normal life, the damage is already done.
I can barely function anymore.
I need to live off the government because I am unable to work

Call the misogynists “misogynists”
and the violent criminals “violent criminals”.
If you call them “people who don’t get laid” you really miss the mark.
Excellent parting words.

Rapists "get laid" and are presumably more violent and misogynistic on average than us, after all.

I honestly think we're somehow giving rapists a run for their money in terms of being villified.

When women you want to have sex with you won't consent to have sex with you and people are saying "just have sex" they're basically saying one of two things:
1) go have sex with someone you're not attracted to who will consent​
2) go have sex with someone you're attracted to despite a lack of consent​

The 2nd is immoral (yet they seem to be venerating rapists above us) and the 1st is exactly what we're already asking foids to do with us and they refuse.

I think communities like 'IncelsWithoutHate' perhaps send out a protest "we can be incels without being hateful" but at the same time, I applaud incels.co for not steeping to "atheism plus" type modifiers, because there simply is nothing inherently hateful about being incel so there's no need for a disclaimer. It's like calling yourselves "amputees without hate" or something.

I mean yeah: amputees can be hateful fucks, and we should acknowledge that and give them a platform because people deserve to express themselves, but just as a person shouldn't be villified for occasional outbursts, neither should whole communities for allowing those outbursts to be heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back