Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

[Moneymaxxing] Do you guys think trading is mostly a losing game? Any tradercels here?

• Thread starter Deleted member 18193
  • Start date
Deleted member 18193

Deleted member 18193

incel on incels.is
-
Swing and day trading in particular, could be forex, crypto, stocks, etc. To me it seems like there are so many people trying to sell you packaged fraud so they can make cash themselves with their courses, and then you have the penny stock promoters who are front runner wannabes, and finally you have tons of people online claiming to make thousands of dollars trading while having some youtube channel/social media profile claiming to 'teach' you how to trade.
I already have some money invested in a few index funds for long term but I don't think I'd ever trade tbh. On top of being extremely risky with the potential to lose a lot of money even with good risk management it doesn't seem worth it for generating long term wealth.
I'm not denying that you can make money finding market anomalies but with your competition being phd computer scientists and mathematician wall street jews with supercomputers is it really worth if they're going to find these anomalies faster than I can?

most manual day traders fail(like 95%). but swing trading over weeks, has higher success rate

I would recommend you research algo trading and do back testing. day trading is statistical betting based on patterns. I have done decent. I am grinding algo bot out and once that's done it will be passive income.

Unless you have (connections) and (friends) in finance, and already have vast amounts of money to risk, you are simply taking part in a meme.

Unless you have (connections) and (friends) in finance, and already have vast amounts of money to risk, you are simply taking part in a meme.
not for algo trading. u literally betting on patterns not in news

I would recommend you research algo trading and do back testing. day trading is statistical betting based on patterns. I have done decent. I am grinding algo bot out and once that's done it will be passive income.
Do you use deep learning or regular algorithms?

Do you use deep learning or regular algorithms?
regular. deep learning is not necessary
and very expensive and time intensive to excessive degree

I'm not a tradercel tbh.

You need a lot of capital to start. Otherwise it's useless and you end up breaking even or losing more.

You need a lot of capital to start. Otherwise it's useless and you end up breaking even or losing more.
This I would also say probably about 95% of the self proclaimed """gurus""" trying sell classes are just making stuff up. I've been trying to swing trade/just sit on my stocks for the past few months and I've been somewhat successful. I bought in a little bit after the markets tanked and have made a bit of money. I would like to invest more but I just haven't had the time to research stuff. My advice to you if you want to start trading is to simtrade with fake money on a platform like thinkorswim. The last thing you want to do is go in headfirst and loose all your money.
Screenshot 20200616 111012

I'm not denying that you can make money finding market anomalies but with your competition being phd computer scientists and mathematician wall street jews with supercomputers is it really worth if they're going to find these anomalies faster than I can?

Stack platinum boyos. It’s near a historic low right now and getting jumpy.

not for algo trading. u literally betting on patterns not in news
This I would also say probably about 95% of the self proclaimed """gurus""" trying sell classes are just making stuff up. I've been trying to swing trade/just sit on my stocks for the past few months and I've been somewhat successful. I bought in a little bit after the markets tanked and have made a bit of money. I would like to invest more but I just haven't had the time to research stuff. My advice to you if you want to start trading is to simtrade with fake money on a platform like thinkorswim. The last thing you want to do is go in headfirst and loose all your money.
View attachment 278181