Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

RageFuel Modern housing is of shamefully low quality

• Thread starter Deleted member 31092
  • Start date
Deleted member 31092

Deleted member 31092

Ascending beyond all time and space
-
osb_750.jpg
fig3.jpg
31.jpg
081999558970_10467233.jpg

WE'RE THE "RICHEST NATION IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD" YET THE BUILD QUALITY OF OUR HOUSING IS BARELY ANY BETTER THAN THE FLAMMABLE HUTS OF MEDIEVAL SERFS.

Quick and cheap to build yet still expensive to rent and purchase because we artificially limit supply...

Quick and cheap to build yet still expensive to rent and purchase because we artificially limit supply...
Expensive for no reason... If you ask me, these things aren't worth the particle board, drywall, and plastic they're made out of.

Expensive for no reason... If you ask me, these things aren't worth the particle board, drywall, and plastic they're made out of.
I concur. The designs also look like ugly tbh

Not if you're Dutch

I concur. The designs also look like ugly tbh
Ugly architecture is what you get when you remove the artistry out of daily life, and form a society based on money grubbing. These "houses" are built not to be estates handed from generation to generation, but to generate mortgages to be sold on the capital markets.

It's so that the federal reserve can huff and puff and blow your house down tbh @WØLF

I would honestly disagree. Wood and wood subproducts are among the most suitable material for human dwellings, climate permitting of course. I had a chance to spend a lot of time in a 100+ year brick house and it was brutal. Walls were around 3 feet (90cm) thick, windows were very small, it took ages to warm it up when it was cold outside, it didn't breathe at all and mold was everywhere and once you were leaving the house for any prolonged period, you would have to air it through when you come back as everything would be damp/moist inside.
Concrete houses are even worse - no sound isolation by design, so you'd hear your neighbors fucking 3 floors away.
Wood /OSB with proper sheathing / insulation / soundproofing is the way to go IMO

this is literally more of an American problem.Europeans dont encounter this problem

Back in the old days the houses like everything else were better now. We couldn’t build shit like the Norte dame or pyramids or Statue of Liberty today and have it survive even if we tried.

Blame the fucking illegals coming across being paid to build shitty wood shacks like this. Those guys get nothing done, paid to sit around and take our tax, vote Democrat and destroy the racial demographics. modern construction and architecture is a joke when compared to what White America could do 100 years ago.

I would honestly disagree. Wood and wood subproducts are among the most suitable material for human dwellings, climate permitting of course. I had a chance to spend a lot of time in a 100+ year brick house and it was brutal. Walls were around 3 feet (90cm) thick, windows were very small, it took ages to warm it up when it was cold outside, it didn't breathe at all and mold was everywhere and once you were leaving the house for any prolonged period, you would have to air it through when you come back as everything would be damp/moist inside.
Concrete houses are even worse - no sound isolation by design, so you'd hear your neighbors fucking 3 floors away.
Wood /OSB with proper sheathing / insulation / soundproofing is the way to go IMO
Hmmm... I've spent time living in a limestone building from the late 19th century- never had any of those problems. I've lived in an apartment with walls made out of concrete and it was almost completely soundproof, nothing like the paper thin walls of modern homes where you can hear someone flush the toilet from the other side of the house.

I do find Americans and their wood houses a bit odd. Here in the UK brick houses are generally the norm. I grew up in a Victorian house probably built somewhere between 1860 and 1870. Admittedly it had some issues - it didn't have much insulation and still had its single glazed Victorian sash windows. The heating was quite poor the only real modifications it had had were a modern concrete tile roof in the 70's and some electrical upgrades. It got modernised when I was a teenager. It had an extension, heating, plumbing and electrics were modernised room by room. We replaced the single glazed rotten sash windows with modern hardwood double glazed windows. We replaced the old victorian plaster with insulated plasterboard on the external walls. Insulated the loft space properly.

It was a much nicer house after all that was done will likely still be there in the 22nd century.

A lot of these wood and particle board houses, how long will they actually last? Throwing up cheap housing has a time and place but selling poorly constructed housing which will probably last less than a century at a premium seems crazy to me.

What about termites, though? Aren't they a big problem?

I do find Americans and their wood houses a bit odd. Here in the UK brick houses are generally the norm. I grew up in a Victorian house probably built somewhere between 1860 and 1870. Admittedly it had some issues - it didn't have much insulation and still had its single glazed Victorian sash windows. The heating was quite poor the only real modifications it had had were a modern concrete tile roof in the 70's and some electrical upgrades. It got modernised when I was a teenager. It had an extension, heating, plumbing and electrics were modernised room by room. We replaced the single glazed rotten sash windows with modern hardwood double glazed windows. We replaced the old victorian plaster with insulated plasterboard on the external walls. Insulated the loft space properly.

It was a much nicer house after all that was done will likely still be there in the 22nd century.

A lot of these wood and particle board houses, how long will they actually last? Throwing up cheap housing has a time and place but selling poorly constructed housing which will probably last less than a century at a premium seems crazy to me.
A century? Ha, these houses are designed to start falling apart once the mortgage is paid off.
Yes, these houses are pretty much giant termite meals.

A century? Ha, these houses are designed to start falling apart once the mortgage is paid off.
Really - they are that bad? I would think the average life for a wooden house depending on the environment might be a century on average. Maybe those in the South West with minimal humidity might last longer where as those in the South East would get eaten by termites and humidity after 70 to 80 years. I suppose in the North because of the harsh winter conditions and higher rainfall if the house was maintained properly it might last 100 years with some repairs as some parts of the siding and joists will inevitably get wet and start to rot and the roof will need replacing.

Really - they are that bad? I would think the average life for a wooden house depending on the environment might be a century on average. Maybe those in the South West with minimal humidity might last longer where as those in the South East would get eaten by termites and humidity after 70 to 80 years. I suppose in the North because of the harsh winter conditions and higher rainfall if the house was maintained properly it might last 100 years with some repairs as some parts of the siding and joists will inevitably get wet and start to rot and the roof will need replacing.
They're made with cheap, spongy 2X4s and a material called OSB- which is basically just a board made out of glued together wood chips. Leave a piece of OSB out in a temperate climate to be exposed to the elements for 2-3 years, and you'll need a rake to clean it up.

American houses are better than the fucking commie blocks in eastern europe where i live.

This is the house equivalent of a cubicle.

Isn't the land that is expensive maby
I’d like a land value tax but it seems unlikely here in the US

They're made with cheap, spongy 2X4s and a material called OSB- which is basically just a board made out of glued together wood chips. Leave a piece of OSB out in a temperate climate to be exposed to the elements for 2-3 years, and you'll need a rake to clean it up.
We have OSB in England. It is only used for internal or more temporary construction generally. We don't get the kind of humidity some parts of the US do and you're right it doesn't last that long.

boomers b like "my chipboard mini mansion is worth $890,000"

I remember that I lived in a neighborhood with all nice, brick houses. I checked on it a while back and now they're flooding said neighborhood with all those homes with wood siding and wood everything, only putting in fancy shmancy interiors and asking upwards of $450,000 for them. Fucking ridiculous. Those shits get absolutely obliterated by tornadoes down here when tornado season comes around, too.

Capitalism 101

this 100%, many places artificially limit housing quality and quantity with muh regulations. San Francisco is biggest offender, only reason the city is so retsrdedly expensive is cause no high rises.

They are for sure, but I would say there are decent termite bait systems that can lower the risk to the minimum. As with many other things in this world, an hour and $100 spent on termite control every few years can prevent a huge issue 20 years later.
OSB is less prone to termite infestation as it is usually treated with some shit like formaldehyde and cement agents

Leave a piece of OSB out in a temperate climate to be exposed to the elements for 2-3 years, and you'll need a rake to clean it up.
To be fair, OSB has never really been marketed as an outdoor / street facing material. Most importantly, it costs much less shekels to erect an OSB sheathing than to build a brick wall.