Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

MIRROR is the most accurate way to see how others see you BUT

Zyros

Zyros

Banned
-
It doesn't count to cherrypick one place, one angle, one lightning and one mirror and call it a day.

With mirror I mean look at yourself on EVERY reflective surface you can see, with the most wide variety of lightning conditions and angles. The general impression of all of the checks together is close to how people see you irl.

People try to be too "blackpill" by saying "front camera of shit resolution with super narrow lens is your true self" but its not the first time I see a girl in a pic, think she is subhuman only to discover she looks way better irl in motion.

Your true self is Mirror, but with no cherrypicks.

shut up already you ugly coper

mental_out said:
Mirrors have the same problems as cameras since they distort your face in a similar way.

I agree with him. When I stand in front of the mirror with someone else they look the same IRL. When they take a picture sometimes their facial features are strectched or exaggerated. My friends told me I look strange on camera.

Solid advice from Zyros. I get depressed looking at my pictures, but when I see myself in motion I just look ok, and in the mirror I look ok as well. Plus we are our harshest critics.. so maybe I am not a 2/10 but rather a 3/10. There's hope, boys.

mental_out said:
Oh yeah cameras definitely do weird stuff, particularly shitty phone cameras. I've been told they make my lips look even bigger than they do in real life.

They do something similar to fisheye. They make the center part of your face and the sides narrower, so you look more "bloated" and your features are larger compared to the outline.

Sparky said:
I seem to look WAY better in the mirror than on camera for some reason.

In the mirror I can look tan or have a golden glow and appear to have good FWHR

But when I open my front cam on my phone it makes my face look long af and also makes me look either really pale or really red.

Also in the mirror my eyes appear light green as on camera they appear a darker shade of green unless I’m near the sunlight

This. camera fucks up skin tone A LOT, and I mean A LOT. The FWHR being fucked too is because of lens distortion.

But be sure to assess your looks in EVERY kind of mirrored setting: at your house with multiple lightnings and angles, outside at all stages of the day, with and without added artificfial lightning, in all kinds of indoors environment, from dimlighted pubs to brigh lighted hotel halls, you have to take into account EVERY mirror situation.

Mirrors are also bullcrap.... when you look in the mirror you see youre self reflected. People dont see you this way... heres an experiment hold an letter infront of a mirror and look if you can read it offcourse not. Its the same with youre looks. Make a picture with front camera and you see youre true self and you will see that youre more subhuman then you thought

Incel_Dikshit said:
Mirrors are also bullcrap.... when you look in the mirror you see youre self reflected. People dont see you this way... heres an experiment hold an letter infront of a mirror and look if you can read it offcourse not. Its the same with youre looks. Make a picture with front camera and you see youre true self and you will see that youre more subhuman then you thought

LOL don't fall for the symmetry meme. Even if the image is flipped, the whole is still the SAME. The "you can't read it" comparison doesnt even make sense. it's not like you suddenly go down 2 points and your facial features and harmony get changed because of your image being flipped LOL. I made hundreds of pics with front camera, my avi being one of them, I know what im talking about.

Zyros said:
It doesn't count to cherrypick one place, one angle, one lightning and one mirror and call it a day.

With mirror I mean look at yourself on EVERY reflective surface you can see, with the most wide variety of lightning conditions and angles. The general impression of all of the checks together is close to how people see you irl.

Your true self is Mirror, but with no cherrypicks.

this seems pretty accurate tbh 
I can think I look good from the front in the bathroom mirror, but there's this building with glass at an angle that I pass that I can see the entirety of myself in motion, and I just look like shit in it

Nautica1983 said:
I agree with him. When I stand in front of the mirror with someone else they look the same IRL. When they take a picture sometimes their facial features are strectched or exaggerated. My friends told me I look strange on camera.

I fucking hate that shit. I'll see others in the same mirror and they look the same as they do IRL and in photos, then I take a photo and I look complete different. Such troll.

Zyros said:
Incel_Dikshit said:
LOL don't fall for the symmetry meme. Even if the image is flipped, the whole is still the SAME. The "you can't read it" comparison doesnt even make sense. it's not like you suddenly go down 2 points and your facial features and harmony get changed because of your image being flipped LOL. I made hundreds of pics with front camera, my avi being one of them, I know what im talking about.

I dont say that youre go down by 2 points im talking about the copers wo think that they look better in the mirror. Just lol if i give them a true mirror they would be stressed out men. Im not talking on how others percieve you but on how you being used to see the refelction in the mirror without knowing that its actually diffrent.

Zyros said:
LOL don't fall for the symmetry meme. Even if the image is flipped, the whole is still the SAME. The "you can't read it" comparison doesnt even make sense. it's not like you suddenly go down 2 points and your facial features and harmony get changed because of your image being flipped LOL. I made hundreds of pics with front camera, my avi being one of them, I know what im talking about.

In some very rare cases it's true that someone can look much better mirrored, but it's extremely rare. Most people look just about the same, but they notice their asymmetries more, as they appear twice as prevalent as they actually are because of it being in the opposite direction.

Sparky said:

But when I open my front cam on my phone it makes my face look long af and also makes me look either really pale or really red.

Also in the mirror my eyes appear light green as on camera they appear a darker shade of green unless I’m near the sunlight

I have a fairly wide face and my shitty front cam can in some cases make my face look super narrow and long. The front cam is complete bullshit.

Eyes will look brighter in bright lighting, that is pretty obvious.

As a man YOUR WORST ANGLE DETERMINES EVERYTHING. IF YOUR WORST ANGLE CAN'T MOG THE AVERAGE MALE IT'S OVER.

Sparky said:

If you're talking about bathroom mirrors, the lighting is what makes you look tanner. I'm a pale as fuck ginger and my skin looks much better in a bathroom mirror. The only way you can trust a mirror is in complete natural lighting. Then you will see what you look like to other people outside.

Are you a narcissist?

incelman said:
As a man YOUR WORST ANGLE DETERMINES EVERYTHING. IF YOUR WORST ANGLE CAN'T MOG THE AVERAGE MALE IT'S OVER.

What? You don't need to be above average to have sex.

Framecel222 said:
What? You don't need to be above average to have sex.

Average is he new ugly

In my photos with natural ligth(most of them) i look average, same in the mirror.

But in photos inside home i look like a monster.

I look better in the mirror than pics. Mirror is cope.

incelman said:
Average is he new ugly

So the average guy is an incel? Because 85% of guys have had sex by age 19.

Framecel222 said:
So the average guy is an incel? Because 85% of guys have had sex by age 19.

Average guy doesn't mean average looking.

Framecel222 said:

Average man is having sex. This means that he is above average facially and above average height.

Average face and height are calcualted by taking in mind EVERY man, even subhumans. But, since the average man has sex he can't be subhuman so average looking=/=average in general.

incelman said:
Average man is having sex. This means that he is above average facially and above average height.

Average face and height are calcualted by taking in mind EVERY man, even subhumans. But, since the average man has sex he can't be subhuman so average looking=/=average in general.

This really doesn't make sense. By definition the average man is NOT above average facially. 50% of men are uglier than him, and 50% of men mog him. This guy has sex. In fact, even the guy who's uglier than 80% of men has sex. You have to be VERY ugly to be incel.

Framecel222 said:
This really doesn't make sense. By definition the average man is NOT above average facially. 50% of men are uglier than him, and 50% of men mog him. This guy has sex. In fact, even the guy who's uglier than 80% of men has sex. You have to be VERY ugly to be incel.

Ok, I take back everything I said then. It's over for me anyway.

Your whole body is inverted in the mirror. HD photography is the only true way to see how you look like IRL.

incelman said:
Ok, I take back everything I said then. It's over for me anyway.

It's over for all of us.

Framecel222 said:
It's over for all of us.

Just accept that women are at a higher plane of existance than us and we won't touch them

incelman said:
Just accept that women are at a higher plane of existance than us and we won't touch them

I have to try to looksmax man, it's my only cope.

incelman said:
Go ahead.

Have you asked your crush out yet? I remember you telling us a story about a girl you like in college.

Blackpill101 said:
Have you asked your crush out yet? I remember you telling us a story about a girl you like in college.

I won't even have the opportunity to ask her out. Besides, I have already began forgetting about it. It's not going to happen.