Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Men can have body dysmorphia. I do

lennox

lennox

Ticking timebomb
★★
Men can have body dysmorphia. Actually I do.

A man may find confliction between his physical appearance and that sought by society. A man views his single status as a physical flaw. He sees other men of appearances differing from his that are getting girlfriends. This man wants a girlfriend and chooses to change his appearance to increase his chances of success. This man doesn't know what he should look like with the demands pushed by society and the constraints set by his genetics.

We are competing for differing, often incompatible goals in terms of our physical, genetic limitations. A man can be 5'9", which isn't short and is taller than many other men, especially if he's ethnic like me. He'd worry a ton about his height because of the well known fact that shortness is bad. Maybe his race is stereotyped as short. At the same time he thinks he's fine because he's taller than many men around him. Another can be constantly worrying about being too skinny or big. The internet shames fat people and push viewers to the fitness via the gym. Others are claiming being too muscular is unattractive, and some women say dadbods are attractive. This all makes him think it's bad to be too much of either and he's getting confused

I'm a short and skinny asian guy at 5'6. I put effort into changing parts of my appearance to being attractive where I reasonably can. My dating situation is bad, but it shouldn't be. Living in such a diverse area, the people around me are similarly short, and my 5'6 height is, perceptually, not that far under average. Many other men are under 5'8 - this is a haven for short people. Yet all girls are seeking that 6 inch height difference and most guys are taller than me. I was formerly obese but had become skinny, having picked up and done so much cardio. The general population is quite fat - 70% are overweight with 40% of that being obese. I'm now the fit guy in the room. Still there's plenty of bodyshaming online. In recent years there has been a push towards lifting weights at the gym, where the fat are pushed to shrink and the skinny to grow - I've been on both sides of that spectrum. I wonder, should I get bigger? Does anyone care for muscles? Does any of this matter? I'm called skinny but I see many guys much skinnier than me, and they're often doing best with women. For whatever change I seek to make, I'm still limited by my genetics. There's a push-pull of where you want to be with the contrast of others and yourself, and with the limits of your genetic potential.

A man wants to improve his looks but is conflicted with the changes he can make. He wonders what he can fix and if it's ever enough. If only he could Just Be Chad, but he can only change certain individual parts of his body.

TLDR you want to look different but can't quite get there because the tangible results (gf) don't show

Inspired by this thread by @Balding Subhuman

Last edited:
Guys are coping with gym right now. It's a distraction from their isolation and involentary celibacy. Don't take gymcels seriously when they tell you to "just hit the gym bro!"

I'm shticking to my guns and proclaiming loudly from the incels.is rooftops that male body dysmorphia is just a veil, it doesn't exist.

It can't exist because men being insecure about their looks is directly caused by the fact that they aren't good looking enough.

Maybe there are some outliers here and there, like if Chris Evans one day thought he was an ugly subhuman. But that doesn't happen to him, because women would never let his self-esteem drop so low. Good looking men don't suffer from body dysmorphia, and there's a reason for that.

It can't exist because men being insecure about their looks is directly caused by the fact that they aren't good looking enough.
Some men, especially gymmaxxers, are in a constant grind for appearances. They're constantly looking into their mirror, without their girlfriends, wondering when they've done enough. Their genetic limitations and their chasing the wrong goal means their journey won't end unless they diverge

Men can have body dysmorphia. Actually I do.

A man may find confliction between his physical appearance and that sought by society. A man views his single status as a physical flaw. He sees other men of appearances differing from his that are getting girlfriends. This man wants a girlfriend and chooses to change his appearance to increase his chances of success. This man doesn't know what he should look like with the demands pushed by society and the constraints set by his genetics.

We are competing for differing, often incompatible goals in terms of our physical, genetic limitations. A man can be 5'9", which isn't short and is taller than many other men, especially if he's ethnic like me. He'd worry a ton about his height because of the well known fact that shortness is bad. Maybe his race is stereotyped as short. At the same time he thinks he's fine because he's taller than many men around him. Another can be constantly worrying about being too skinny or big. The internet shames fat people and push viewers to the fitness via the gym. Others are claiming being too muscular is unattractive, and some women say dadbods are attractive. This all makes him think it's bad to be too much of either and he's getting confused

I'm a short and skinny asian guy at 5'6. I put effort into changing parts of my appearance to being attractive where I reasonably can. My dating situation is bad, but it shouldn't be. Living in such a diverse area, the people around me are similarly short, and my 5'6 height is, perceptually, not that far under average. Many other men are under 5'8 - this is a haven for short people. Yet all girls are seeking that 6 inch height difference and most guys are taller than me. I was formerly obese but had become skinny, having picked up and done so much cardio. The general population is quite fat - 70% are overweight with 40% of that being obese. I'm now the fit guy in the room. Still there's plenty of bodyshaming online. In recent years there has been a push towards lifting weights at the gym, where the fat are pushed to shrink and the skinny to grow - I've been on both sides of that spectrum. I wonder, should I get bigger? Does anyone care for muscles? Does any of this matter? I'm called skinny but I see many guys much skinnier than me, and they're often doing best with women. For whatever change I seek to make, I'm still limited by my genetics. There's a push-pull of where you want to be with the contrast of others and yourself, and with the limits of your genetic potential.

A man wants to improve his looks but is conflicted with the changes he can make. He wonders what he can fix and if it's ever enough. If only he could Just Be Chad, but he can only change certain individual parts of his body.

TLDR you want to look different but can't quite get there because the tangible results (gf) don't show

Inspired by this thread by @Balding Subhuman
You dont its just over for us.

having body dysmorphia is a fakecel trait

And yeah san francisco I felt like a giant there solidly taller than 90% of people like 95% at that asian shopping mall at 5’10. Drive up 15 minutes to sausalito and the average height becomes 5’11 though because rich white tallfags live there.

asianmasculinitycipers go chinks are tall now the new generation when they’re all 5’5-5’8 while whites are often 6’2+ it’s jfl.

asianmasculinitycipers go chinks are tall now the new generation when they’re all 5’5-5’8 while whites are often 6’2+ it’s jfl.
Especially if you're with anybody even 5 years older than you, or even your own age, you might feel tall. But then you're next to someone white or just barely younger and they're towering. The taller people, even if still short, get gfs but you don't know where your height lies. Your confidence is all over the place