Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Matrix Resurrections megathread

Words2_live_bye

Words2_live_bye

What a Shame ...
★★★★★
Let's talk about the movie. Did you like it?

Watch it, i didnt like it, totally unnecessary, seam cheap compared to the trilogy, story too much concentrated on love and relationship between Neo and Trinity, Morpheus and Agent Smith cast was shit, too much fan service for nostalgia.

I can't get immersed into movies anymore, even if it was good I couldn't watch it :feelsohh:

:no:

I choose to believe there are no Matrix sequels.

The Matrix was revolutionary, epic, and perfect. The sequels were weak, pointless and derivative.

Gimme a blue pill that lets me forget there were no Matrix sequels.

This new movie looks like its gonna be as bad as the Bad Boys 3 movie. Why does everything "new" have to suck so much balls?

This new movie looks like its gonna be as bad as the Bad Boys 3 movie. Why does everything "new" have to suck so much balls?
There's a bad boys 3? What?

There's a bad boys 3? What?
Yup, a fat Martin Lawrence and washed up cuckold Will Smith came out of retirement and it's as bad as you can possibly imagine. When I see an aged Neo and Trinity together it just reminds me of that move.

I actually loved it! Which surprised me a lot because people said it was bad but also I wasn't super keen on the second or third films. The second was ok. By the third I really thought the series was some way off where I felt it should be.

But Resurrections... honestly it's a complete breath of fresh air and in my opinion far better than Reloaded or Revolutions.

I was very entertained the whole way through and I think it's now my joint favourite movie of the year along with A Quiet Place Part 2 :)

I actually loved it! Which surprised me a lot because people said it was bad but also I wasn't super keen on the second or third films. The second was ok. By the third I really thought the series was some way off where I felt it should be.

But Resurrections... honestly it's a complete breath of fresh air and in my opinion far better than Reloaded or Revolutions.

I was very entertained the whole way through and I think it's now my joint favourite movie of the year along with A Quiet Place Part 2 :)
I liked the movie. I don't think it's amazing or anything. But i enjoyed my time.

Heard it was woke as shit, can't really watch it because of that. I might watch it later only to laugh at its stupidity and study the propaganda methods of the film for my own inquiry. :feelsjuice: :yes:

Because it's no longer about art for the sake of art, now it is art for the sake of political propaganda and making a franchise profit out of it. :feelsjuice:

Watch it, i didnt like it, totally unnecessary, seam cheap compared to the trilogy, story too much concentrated on love and relationship between Neo and Trinity, Morpheus and Agent Smith cast was shit, too much fan service for nostalgia.
No mentions of the "black pill" either such a fucking waste
Because it's no longer about art for the sake of art, now it is art for the sake of political propaganda and making a franchise profit out of it. :feelsjuice:
This

No mentions of the "black pill" either such a fucking waste

This
Nothing is original, genuine, or authentic anymore, everything is a cheap imitation of a carbon copy of another imitation. Artistic creativity has virtually almost entirely gone now. :feelsjuice::yes:

Heard it was woke as shit, can't really watch it because of that. I might watch it later only to laugh at its stupidity and study the propaganda methods of the film for my own inquiry. :feelsjuice: :yes:

I can't really think of anything in it that was woke.

It was diverse but then so were the old films.

Some parts of it are kind of subjectively woke I guess, but again that was true of movies from 10 years ago. If you want to see that stuff in it then you will.

It didn't bring up race or gender really, didn't insult white men, nothing like that.

Some parts of it are kind of subjectively woke I guess, but again that was true of movies from 10 years ago. If you want to see that stuff in it then you will.

It didn't bring up race or gender really, didn't insult white men, nothing like that.
Well, that's good. :feelsjuice: :yes::yes:

Love how mods get to make one reply after another without merge while we don't

See?

Someone just answer me this: I saw that Deja Vu trailer for it and it seems to imply that the reason this SEEMS to be "The Matrix's answer to The Force Awakens" is because they're referencing the concept of "deja vu" in the Matrix. It's deliberately similar because the Matrix is... correcting something or something? I forget what deja vu means in the Matrix.

It's cool because I can't actually remember the last time I truly felt excited by a new movie.

Like, Quiet Place 1 and 2 they were awesome but they're not as fun or high energy as this film.

Sorry though, I'll try not to make this thread just post after post of me gushing over this movie XD

Someone just answer me this: I saw that Deja Vu trailer for it and it seems to imply that the reason this SEEMS to be "The Matrix's answer to The Force Awakens" is because they're referencing the concept of "deja vu" in the Matrix. It's deliberately similar because the Matrix is... correcting something or something? I forget what deja vu means in the Matrix.

Oh I wrote my reply before I refreshed and then saw your reply!

I'll watch this trailer, lol

Ah I see now :D

I mean... it's something of a reboot I guess? But it makes sense within the structure of the Matrix's world. And it doesn't ERASE the past like it does in Terminator or feel arbitrary like it does in many series. It actually makes sense :)

Last edited:
The movie uses "deja vu" or reusing old imagery and characters to retell a new story. In order for Neo and trinity to "wake up" they have to remember their old lives. The film re uses a lot of footage from the trilogy. A little too much. At least Force Awakens didn't do that. But this movie is much more original of a story compared to Force awakens.

Amusing sidenote: Chad is in this movie. XD

Amusing sidenote: Chad is in this movie. XD
bruh i saw this opening day in the theater and i legit was like "bro did they really just say that?"
Like i kid you not, the line is so stupid sounding "this is my husband chad" lol

I only watched Joker movie.
Only movie I have trully liked in this past decade

The new matrix sucks, or maybe it's just me, I can only really enjoy slashers or similar fucked up shit nowadays, I hate happiness, love, sex, fucking love seeing some crazy dude ruining normalfaggots day :smonk:

Only movie I have trully liked in this past decade

The new matrix sucks, or maybe it's just me, I can only really enjoy slashers or similar fucked up shit nowadays, I hate happiness, love, sex, fucking love seeing some crazy dude ruining normalfaggots day :smonk:
I'm honestly surprised this new matrix didn't have a sex scene.
But yeah most movies in the 2010s were just a bunch of popcorn cgi rebot garbage.
That or capeshit.
Joker was good though.

bruh i saw this opening day in the theater and i legit was like "bro did they really just say that?"
Like i kid you not, the line is so stupid sounding "this is my husband chad" lol

I loved how the movie wasn't afraid to be silly and fun and funny. It was just sprinkled in there and it reminded me of movies back when I was younger when they were so fun :)

I don't know if the Chad line was intentional or not but it did make me laugh. I thought to myself "Does that make Neo Wojak?" lol

I loved how the movie wasn't afraid to be silly and fun and funny. It was just sprinkled in there and it reminded me of movies back when I was younger when they were so fun :)

I don't know if the Chad line was intentional or not but it did make me laugh. I thought to myself "Does that make Neo Wojak?" lol
It's explained that Neo looks like an oldcel to everyone else. Only he apparently can see himself as Neo.
Kind of a blackpill.

It's explained that Neo looks like an oldcel to everyone else. Only he apparently can see himself as Neo.
Kind of a blackpill.

Yah but Trinity she is all old too!

You can see in her reflection.

woah really?

Yeah in the coffee shop you can see her reflection in the table when they are chatting. When she answers her phone. She has blonde hair with grey streaks.

I only saw it on my current second viewing and paused it to look more closely because it really took me by surprise!

There are also moments scattered about where you see how Neo really looks.

Yup, a fat Martin Lawrence and washed up cuckold Will Smith came out of retirement and it's as bad as you can possibly imagine. When I see an aged Neo and Trinity together it just reminds me of that move.
thats his new name lol
Cuckold Smith

@Simulacrasimulation

lol, love it :D

Oh, I meant your avatar.

To be honest I don't really know anything about the Bad Boys movies!
your avatar is nice too seinfeld is good full of black pills also

Love how mods get to make one reply after another without merge while we don't

See?
Do the posts really show up like that? I was hoping they were merging. :feelsjuice:

@Words2_live_bye lol, later in this movie he is even referred to as "handsome Chad". I am rewatching it atm and I noticed that!
OK rewatch over! I like it even more now. XD

I think surely the most underrated movie I've seen.

I'm trying to work out if I prefer it to the original, lol. And the original is my second favourite movie ever made after Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade :)

Last edited:
oops my posts are getting merged. oh well I think it's kind of obvious where the divides are.

I think it would be better if a line break, horizontal rule, line break was added between merged posts.

And the original is my second favourite movie ever made after Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade :)
based
i love that movie
Because jews.
not even just because it's jews. But the majority of films nowadays aren't "new", but simply are using ideas and things from decades prior. Like comic book movies using comics, and reboots using old beloved movies.
They won't remake a bad movie however and turn it into a good one though. Cause that won't make them money

Last edited:

Of course it it jewd so hard, shit compred to other three.

But i mirin ngl, i was expecting a 1.5 hour movie with random jew things for collecting a few shekels, good that they are continuning the serie

Maybe whether or not you like the new Matrix stuff depends on whether you like Lana Wachowski's creative vision, without Lilly.

Maybe Lilly was the one who made the older movies more dark and serious and whatever else.

Personally... I kind of prefer this new Matrix. Resurrections... I'm honestly wondering if it's my favourite movie.

Going forward... if I was in Lana's shoes I would be thinking I need to either slim down the budget or overhaul the series.

Either you have a new audience that is smaller but enjoys your series for what it is in this form or you try to appeal to a wider audience again.

I suppose there is one other wildcard option which is that maybe Lana has some radically different vision for 5 that people will prefer. So it's not just selling out, it's genuinely what she wants to do.

Time will tell I suppose!

(sorry to post this - I can't resist!)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg_ghkwt5cs

Last edited:
Personally... I kind of prefer this new Matrix. Resurrections... I'm honestly wondering if it's my favourite movie.
It's no where near my favorite Matrix film or my favorite movie of all time.
But i enjoyed it. I think i have a partial bias though. I hadn't been to a movie theater in YEARS. Plus i am a big matrix nerd who had been wanting a fourth film since i was a kid in the mid to late 2000s. Plus i'm kind of a big Keanu fan (soy i know). But it atleast wasn't the worst thing that could have happened to the franchise. It was better than i expected, but also a little worse. And LMAO the Matrix Awakens tech demo felt more like a matrix movie than this new one.

It's no where near my favorite Matrix film or my favorite movie of all time.
But i enjoyed it. I think i have a partial bias though. I hadn't been to a movie theater in YEARS. Plus i am a big matrix nerd who had been wanting a fourth film since i was a kid in the mid to late 2000s. Plus i'm kind of a big Keanu fan (soy i know). But it atleast wasn't the worst thing that could have happened to the franchise. It was better than i expected, but also a little worse. And LMAO the Matrix Awakens tech demo felt more like a matrix movie than this new one.

Weirdly I'm finally watching a video of it right now! I don't have a PS5 or whatever but I just wanted to see what happened in it.

I also was just thinking at this 1/4 through point that it "doesn't really have any of Resurrections in it - it just feels like the old Matrix".

There's definitely a big difference between old Matrix and new Matrix.

That being said I also think there was something of a difference between the original movie and Reloaded/Revolutions.

The original felt more textured and psychological to me (as Resurrections does) but the second and third films felt more like... just leather, a green filter and very long action scenes >.<

Neo getting cucked by a dude named Chad was top kek

According to some interview that was specifically a dig at redpilled "incels" or something. Was talk about some soy article a while back about how this movie was reclaiming the red pill for the soys or some shit like that.

Maybe I should rewatch it sober to see if there was anything to that claim, was pretty wasted while watching it and don't remember too many details

Neo getting cucked by a dude named Chad was top kek

According to some interview that was specifically a dig at redpilled "incels" or something. Was talk about some soy article a while back about how this movie was reclaiming the red pill for the soys or some shit like that.

Maybe I should rewatch it sober to see if there was anything to that claim, was pretty wasted while watching it and don't remember too many details

It's weird how the movie never really FELT mean-spirited to me.

If it was intended to be in some places then I definitely didn't notice.

Also I didn't know the red pill was a right-wing thing now. I assumed everyone said it. XD

martrix 4 just makes you want to rewatch the original matrix