Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Math Thread

blackcel

blackcel

BBC
-
I'm drunk.

But you know, I like math. I also know quite a bit about math. My favorite subject is analytical geometry. To be specific I really loves quaternions. Quaternions use the concept of circular number line where positive and negative infinity is the same point to provide us with useful triples. To make this work in the mathematical world you need a dimension that is higher than the usual dimension we experience (4 spatial dimensions vs 3). This really isn't that crazy, though, you have to understand the concept that the math is basically making magical shit up to get a useful result.

Quaternions are also used as an argument for people equating infinity to negative infinity, but this is a dangerous thing that can only be used by people who only understand the concept of our numbers being a projection of higher dimensional space. Oh! There are also the wonderful wonders of topology which helps a lot with machine learning. I hate topology, though.

Anyway, this is a general math thread. Like I said I know quite a bit of math so ask me whatever question you want before I get drunk enough to decide it is time to go to bed. I am even in the mood to maybe drunkely do your homework tbh tbh tbh.

EDIT1: I also started playing ksp recently. Here is my current spreadsheet for ksp shit. Pretty sparse right now since I just started, but I'll expand as I play more. Everything is calculated based on hand calculations and data in game. I use no outside sources since I consider that cheating.

I'll definitely add more in the future, basic stuff right now as I figure out how to play.

EDIT2: I noticed no one has replied. Don't think I am trying to IQmog you or anyone else here. Reply with whatever you want. Talk about how you hate math if you want, idgaf. I dont want this thread to die before it even began. Just like my sex life tbh tbh tbh tbh tbh,

Last edited:
tbh i dont mind math tbh i had to basically restart from algebra 1 shit in college to where i am now, taking stats next semester which will be a breeze and the highest i need to go for most pre reqs for med ngl. though i will go higher to broaden my school choices tbh. wait i need calc for physics but i can get written off by my prof rn to skip rest of the algebra and take just 1 calc course to suffice for the math needed for the physics i need. instead of taking 2 more additional math courses. math is good shit though.

tbh i dont mind math tbh i had to basically restart from algebra 1 shit in college to where i am now, taking stats next semester which will be a breeze and the highest i need to go for most pre reqs for med ngl. though i will go higher to broaden my school choices tbh. wait i need calc for physics but i can get written off by my prof rn to skip rest of the algebra and take just 1 calc course to suffice for the math needed for the physics i need. instead of taking 2 more additional math courses. math is good shit though.

Calc 1 is ez pz, bruh. I think most people fail because they simply don't give a shit and have shitty teachers. Calculus is fairly easy to understand, and has so many applications that a basic calc 1 and 2 course will put you ahead of most of the population.

Why isn’t there such a thing as a perfect circle? My baldcel math teacher told me that but never explained why. Also, what is the maximum number of one-inch diameter spheres that can be packed into a box ten inches square and five inches deep?

based mathcel

I'm currently taking Abstract Algebra. It's pretty damn difficult.

Why isn’t there such a thing as a perfect circle? My baldcel math teacher told me that but never explained why. Also, what is the maximum number of one-inch diameter spheres that can be packed into a box ten inches square and five inches deep?

>Why isn’t there such a thing as a perfect circle?

First of all, that is horseshit. A mathematical circle is a function of two variable, which is defined as x^2 + y^2 = r^2, where x and y are points on the the circle, and r is the constant radius of the circle.

Creating a perfect circle in the real world is impossible, though, due to gravity n friction n shit.

>what is the maximum number of one-inch diameter spheres that can be packed into a box ten inches square and five inches deep?

I am sure I can solve this but I have to ask is that if these spheres can be broken apart? I assume not because that would make this ridiculously easy to solve.

My good sir, I'm afraid I haven't fully comprehended your thread.

i dont think ill ever like math, ill tolerate it at best

>Why isn’t there such a thing as a perfect circle?

First of all, that is horseshit. A mathematical circle is a function of two variable, which is defined as x^2 + y^2 = r^2, where x and y are points on the the circle, and r is the constant radius of the circle.

Creating a perfect circle in the real world is impossible, though, due to gravity n friction n shit.

>what is the maximum number of one-inch diameter spheres that can be packed into a box ten inches square and five inches deep?

I am sure I can solve this but I have to ask is that if these spheres can be broken apart? I assume not because that would make this ridiculously easy to solve.

Cool and no, the spheres can’t be broken apart.

cope thread. It's over

I aced math. I HATED math.

Make a chemistry thread and ill be all for that

Math thread Meth thread
Tbh i was so good at chemistry i used to have a fantasy of being a pseudo Walter White then i realized prison would suck ass

Are you a math major? never worked with quarternions due to it not being in our non - math major syllabus, just checked it out, it looks similar to complex numbers but far more complex, one scalar and one vector part but in 3 dimensions. :feelsahh:

:feelsgah::feelsgah::feelsgah: JFL at introducing quarternions on incels.is of all places, but appreciate it.

Offtopic: In the below diagram, Can you find the diameter of circle with center Q in relation to diamter of the circle with center O, with proof, it was an 7th grade problem I remember in school but wasn't able to solve with proof;

6qkBkkn

Last edited:
I'm drunk.

But you know, I like math. I also know quite a bit about math. My favorite subject is analytical geometry. To be specific I really loves quaternions. Quaternions use the concept of circular number line where positive and negative infinity is the same point to provide us with useful triples. To make this work in the mathematical world you need a dimension that is higher than the usual dimension we experience (4 spatial dimensions vs 3). This really isn't that crazy, though, you have to understand the concept that the math is basically making magical shit up to get a useful result.

Quaternions are also used as an argument for people equating infinity to negative infinity, but this is a dangerous thing that can only be used by people who only understand the concept of our numbers being a projection of higher dimensional space. Oh! There are also the wonderful wonders of topology which helps a lot with machine learning. I hate topology, though.

Anyway, this is a general math thread. Like I said I know quite a bit of math so ask me whatever question you want before I get drunk enough to decide it is time to go to bed. I am even in the mood to maybe drunkely do your homework tbh tbh tbh.

EDIT1: I also started playing ksp recently. Here is my current spreadsheet for ksp shit. Pretty sparse right now since I just started, but I'll expand as I play more. Everything is calculated based on hand calculations and data in game. I use no outside sources since I consider that cheating.

I'll definitely add more in the future, basic stuff right now as I figure out how to play.

EDIT2: I noticed no one has replied. Don't think I am trying to IQmog you or anyone else here. Reply with whatever you want. Talk about how you hate math if you want, idgaf. I dont want this thread to die before it even began. Just like my sex life tbh tbh tbh tbh tbh,

The main reason I'm glad my academic life is over is because I'll never have to do math again, please lets not bring this abomination into this realm

Almost forgot about this thread.

Offtopic: In the below diagram, Can you find the diameter of circle with center Q in relation to diamter of the circle with center O, with proof, it was an 7th grade problem I remember in school but wasn't able to solve with proof;

View attachment 71125

I assumed that point P is directly above O, and Q is tangent to AB and circle P.

Solution

Diameter would be (OB)/2

Cool and no, the spheres can’t be broken apart.

In that case I'm gonna half ass this one and refer to gauss who proved that the average of optimally packed spheres in a box is pi/3*sqrt(2) of the volume. So.... 10*10*5*pi/(3*sqrt(2)) is a bit over 340, so you should be able to optimally fit 340 spheres in the box.
I aced math. I HATED math.

Make a chemistry thread and ill be all for that

I hated chemistry.

594 one-inch diameter spheres can be packed into a box ten inches square and five inches deep.

594 one-inch diameter spheres can be packed into a box ten inches square and five inches deep.

Misread the problem and dun goofed.

Redid my method and it should be a theoretical limit of about 707 spheres.

Last edited: