Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Massive chunk of anime pirating sites (streaming) have been killed

antipode

antipode

anxietycel
★★★★★

Aniwave was my absolute favorite :cryfeels:
That shit had better UI than every streaming service on the planet

It's over

Thank goodness we have South America, Spanish speaking pirates will have it good forever. Sucks to suck lol

RIP I use aniwave

Streaming anime is bad because of low bitrate.
During faster scenes (mostly during fights), the video quality becomes poor. Why low bitrate? Because videos on streaming sites are in MP4 format and have a relatively small size. Original videos on torrents are in MKV format. Streaming sites can't run MKV, so during the entire process, they change the format to MP4, using a low bitrate (either because they don't know they can use a higher one or they simply don't want to change it). This makes the video render much faster and the formatted video has a smaller size.

Example:
  • MKV video size is 500 MB.
  • Highest bitrate MP4 is around 1 GB.
  • Low bitrate MP4 is around 400 MB.
That's why I never watch streaming anime and only torrent.
I watch many anime on TV via a pendrive. Most of the time, the TV can play MKV files, but if it can't, I change the format to MP4.

During faster scenes (mostly during fights), the video quality becomes poor. Why low bitrate? Because videos on streaming sites are in MP4 format and have a relatively small size. Original videos on torrents are in MKV format. Streaming sites can't run MKV, so during the entire process, they change the format to MP4, using a low bitrate (either because they don't know they can use a higher one or they simply don't want to change it). This makes the video render much faster and the formatted video has a smaller size.

Example:
I watch many anime on TV via a pendrive. Most of the time, the TV can play MKV files, but if it can't, I change the format to MP4.
I don't disagree with you but for me, the convenience HQ streaming brings greatly outweighs what torrenting does

either because they don't know they can use a higher one or they simply don't want to change it
Because servers would be cooked. They used to use some file uploading service. For bigger file sizes, the costs were likely much higher.

Hoard everything you like and build your own media server with Jellyfin, Plex, etc. It's worth all the effort.

Hoard everything you like and build your own media server with Jellyfin, Plex, etc. It's worth all the effort.
Once I can get access to a great amount of storage this is my plan. I'm scrapped for storage space and money right now

How miserable.

HiAnime is still up for now...

Thankfully, 4anime is still up as that is what I usually use

Fuck this jews :lasereyes:

This shitheads wants to took control over everything, why do they think we would ever pay their shitty subscription

if they get that site imma rope
They are no where near as popular as aniwave was such it's less likely.

They are no where near as popular as aniwave was such it's less likely.
that's a relief. watching anime on that site rn :feelshaha:

Over for piratecels

Example:
Years ago made the switch from streaming to downloading as well. I think they shrink the file sizes (and cripple the bitrates) to save on storage and server costs.

I remember 9Anime from back when it was still called that. Yet more nostalgia expurgated :feelsbadman:

It's not just streaming sites. Anime DDL sites are kicking the bucket by the dozen as well. Anime themselves seem to getting worse too (seriously when are they gonna move on from all that isekai crap). God I wish anime had never become popular.

Literally worse than 9/11. Glad my favorite show is on Amazon Prime

gogoanime still fine

which basically has everything anyway

Any other oldcels that still remember watching anime on YouTube with multiple videos for one episode?

Any other oldcels that still remember watching anime on YouTube with multiple videos for one episode?
oh yeah they were cut to like 5min limit and with shitty 240p quality :feelsPop:

Example:
They can work if they use H265 or even better AV1 codecs to cut the size and have amazing picture quality so you are wrong sadly most of the time they are still using shitty H264. MKV or mp4 doesn't matter they are just file format, what matters is how you encode them.

Just look how little of space it takes to download entire seasons of anime with AV1 codec: https://nyaa.si/?f=0&c=0_0&q=AV1++batch

It's just on average 200mb per episode. You may not know it but YT already moved to the AV1 to save on the transfer cost.

Last edited:
why not torrent, way better and safer than using these sites.