Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Man, regret has to singlehandedly be the most painful feeling in the world

Bruticus

Bruticus

Underdeveloped shitskin
★★★★★
Jesus, I can't even imagine how brutal it is to feel regret. Every time I feel it, it hurts. It honestly is more brutal than heartbreak, although both are often accompanied by each other.

Just the feeling that you can't go back and fix it, no matter how much you want to, is the worst feeling in the fucking world.

Fuark, building a time machine is such a must.

If only time travel really existed, there would be so many things I could die easy knowing.

I need to go back 4 years. If I could timemachinemaxx it would be the very first thing I do.

I need to go back 4 years. If I could timemachinemaxx it would be the very first thing I do.
i hope and pray someone finally creates one. I need to go back too. I need to fix my life

Regret is truly a fate worse than death. Having to carry this burden with you at all times, with no means to get rid of it. Despite the fact I firmly believe in the concept of genetic destiny, perhaps things may have been different.

buddha said to cope by literally never thinking about the past. it works pretty well if you can do it, though it can take years to get good at it.

Stop focusing on your past. We can not do anything to change it. We can only do thing in the present, and plan ahead for the future.
buddha said to cope by literally never thinking about the past. it works pretty well if you can do it, though it can take years to get good at it.
as someone who's into history
this is hard to do :feelsmage:

Despite the fact I firmly believe in the concept of genetic destiny, perhaps things may have been different.
truly the greatest gift one may ever have is to go back in time with the knowledge of a lifetime. All those mistakes would be fixed, and I would live a life of blessing and happiness forever. I would take a short 30 year life of pure bliss over a mediocre 70 year one
Stop focusing on your past. We can not do anything to change it. We can only do thing in the present, and plan ahead for the future.
of course. My future looks bright to say the least. I have what i want now, but i can't help but think how things may have been different if i had done different things :fuk:

we can only wonder i guess

i enjoy wondering how these alternate realities would have played out ngl

truly the greatest gift one may ever have is to go back in time with the knowledge of a lifetime. All those mistakes would be fixed, and I would live a life of blessing and happiness forever. I would take a short 30 year life of pure bliss over a mediocre 70 year one
Neurological tendencies don't just appear out of thin air. They come from each person's unique combination of genetics. Free will is an ambiguous concept, the degree of influence our genetics has on our actions and thoughts is insane. I used to despise my past actions, but now I understand why I made the mistakes I did. Don't beat yourself up over something you had barely any influence in.

Everything is predetermined anyways. None of us had any say in the matter.

I sometimes daydream about how my life could have gone if a decade ago I had received messages from my present self, warning me about the blackpill and things I've done wrong. Then again, I probably would have proceeded to do something retarded regardless.

regret is probably the worst burden of life...

brutal thread

Regret is truly a fate worse than death. Having to carry this burden with you at all times, with no means to get rid of it. Despite the fact I firmly believe in the concept of genetic destiny, perhaps things may have been different.

yea apparently buddha also even said that death isn't to be feared by someone who has lived wisely

i understand it now. there's fates that could be worse than death, so you should probably fear that more than death itself.

thing is though, i always seem to be learning too late in my life. so unable to live truly wisely. i've only been wisening up as of recently though, as an oldcel.

Jesus, I can't even imagine how brutal it is to feel regret. Every time I feel it, it hurts. It honestly is more brutal than heartbreak, although both are often accompanied by each other.

Just the feeling that you can't go back and fix it, no matter how much you want to, is the worst feeling in the fucking world.

Fuark, building a time machine is such a must.

If only time travel really existed, there would be so many things I could die easy knowing.
What would you change?

i think regret is a stupid concept.
you made a decision back then, which was the best decision your past self could make.
you didn't know better, so there is nothing to blame.
of course we could've made better decisions with our current knowledge, but that's not how things work.
I don't blame my past self for making fucked up decisions, because back then I just didn't know better.
regret is something positive, it means you've grown as a person, you're smarter now, so you can make better decisions now.

Knowledge is misery. I miss being more ignorant

Yeah I regret being born

Yeah I regret being born
then end it nigga

i swear mfs who say this shit like "oh I'm so sad. I wish i was never born" are so annoying

like you didn't have a choice when it came to being born lol, why would you regret it lmao

I try to cope by telling myself there’s no point in being sad because all that exists is the now where you made the mistake

I don't think im particularly regretful for anything i've done in my life. I have some small ones, here and there, but nothing that causes me pain or suffering. But not feeling love or intimacy slowly kills me inside out, everyday. No matter what I do, no matter how well I cope, I always feel that my heart gets blacker and black, more cynical and jaded, as time progresses. Theres no shame in making mistakes as long as you learn from it.

The only time I would feel regret is if I hurt someone badly. I feel shame for doing so, be it human or animal.

you made a decision back then, which was the best decision your past self could make.
of course we could've made better decisions with our current knowledge, but that's not how things work.
I don't blame my past self for making fucked up decisions, because back then I just didn't know better.
regret is something positive, it means you've grown as a person, you're smarter now, so you can make better decisions now.
yea that's a good way to look at it

do you believe that we don't have any free will though ?

that is a genius way of looking at it...it certainly makes me feel better about things I did out of ignorance

but when you did something even when you knew it wasn't the best choice, that's when it is ok to feel regret imo