Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope Maladaptive daydreaming incel trait?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38949
  • Start date
Deleted member 38949

Deleted member 38949

Banned
-
I have been doing it since I was a child. I normally want to do it when I'm watching anime or listening to music. Is this a truecel trait?

i kinda have the same thing when i study my mind thinks about other stuff even in general thinking about what is going to happen tommorw i think this has something to do with being rejected and feeling lonely and experiencing mental illness
I have been doing it since I was a child. I normally want to do it when I'm watching anime or listening to music. Is this a truecel trait?
What is maladaptive daydreaming caused by?

Image result for maladaptive daydreaming

What causes maladaptive daydreaming? Experts believe that MD is, generally, a coping mechanism in response to trauma, abuse or loneliness that leads the maladaptive daydreamer to conjure a complex imaginary world for them to escape into in times of distress, or loneliness, or maybe, even helplessness in real life.

Last edited:
I also daydream a lot about my dream life, although I know that I will never have a life worth living.

I daydream all the time, even when I walk down the street, I think this is what allows me to tolerate my shitty life.
even when i go to buy something i start to imagine its characteristics and idealize it a lot. what an autistic shit.
What causes maladaptive daydreaming? Experts believe that MD is, generally, a coping mechanism in response to trauma, abuse or loneliness that leads the maladaptive daydreamer to conjure a complex imaginary world for them to escape into in times of distress, or loneliness, or maybe, even helplessness in real life.
I was already abused as a child, and I'm loner today

I daydream before sleep. I did this since early childhood. Its clearly an escapism method which incels use as a cope.

I daydream before sleep. I did this since early childhood. Its clearly an escapism method which incels use as a cope.
I did this in middle school with FFVII girls, I’d always be having a romance with either Tifa, Yuffy but mostly Aries

I did this in middle school with FFVII girls, I’d always be having a romance with either Tifa, Yuffy but mostly Aries
Based, i daydreamed about Ashe from FFXII, from FFVII Aerith my favorite.

Yup. It is definitely a significant cope for me and probably many others on this board. In my dreams, I can have a nice jaw and have intercourse with a loyal virginal girl. In fact, just last night I dreamed about having a relationship with this girl who's in the class that I'm teaching. I slept for almost 12 hours. Waking up was quite a brutal moment.

i find myself imagining idealized scenarios while traversing my daily life, almost like im on autopilot. daydreaming makes this existence a lot more tolerable

Such a beautiful thread.

Waking up was quite a brutal moment.
I hate when i dream a better life, where cute girls want to have sex with me and second you wake up reality hits. Maybe thats why brain is programed to not remember dreams and when you do it tries to forget them.

In primary school I used to close myself off into a cupboard and daydreammax (or rather, I was just imagining nonsense). Later I daydreamed about being with my oneitis or about living in a decent home away from my parents. Now I only daydream about doing things differently in my past because of all of the cringy decisions I regret. :fuk: There is no future I hope for or even dream of.