Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Lying about work experience

Newbite

Newbite

Banned
-
Have any of you guys done this? Say you've got huge gaps in your CV do they have any way of finding out if ur lying

Also has anyone ever been their own reference as in create an email and give that out?

I have been NEET for a year but I just write I worked in my fathers part time fishing business, it is partially true, I went fishing like 6 hours a week but I painted it as a full time job

I think it's very common to slightly exaggerate things in your cv, like the level of experience you have with certain things... But straight up lying about employment gaps, no.

Also, aren't references done over the phone? Won't they check that person is actually employed in said company? You run a big risk if they find out.

Have any of you guys done this? Say you've got huge gaps in your CV do they have any way of finding out if ur lying

Also has anyone ever been their own reference as in create an email and give that out?

Yes I did this for my current job. If you know anyone (even just family) to lie and say that you worked for them and they are a supervisor. Incase they call a reference. But in my case I was lucky enough that they didnt even call.

Yes they could find out by calling the actual company but most do not go that far because they have a lot of resumes to go through
I think it's very common to slightly exaggerate things in your cv, like the level of experience you have with certain things... But straight up lying about employment gaps, no.

Also, aren't references done over the phone? Won't they check that person is actually employed in said company? You run a big risk if they find out.

THe only risk he runs is not getting the job, which he wouldnt be getting anyway with a big employment gap. Also you can say you worked for someone who did contract jobs or just did his own thing and you were his helper. So dont have to say you worked for a big company, I lied and said I did roofing, for someone who does jobs for people around the city (Who I did not do shit for but got to vouch for me just incase they call) and it cleared up a year gap in my resume. I got something I never had before, calls back for interviews.

However, TRY to make sure the job you apply for has nothing to do with what you claim to have done other wise they will think you already know a lot. It was kind of a problem for me cause they hired me for roofing sales and helping people decide what they wanted and answering questions they had. But I didnt know shit, people I worked with knew it but I managed to stay there by learning along the way

Last edited:
Of course I've said I've worked in certain retail shops when I haven't even set foot in the store

Of course I've said I've worked in certain retail shops when I haven't even set foot in the store
This is pretty funny.

Did they find it out?