Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

News Looters ransack Philadelphia clothing store within minutes

WØLF

WØLF

Still a comfy NEET
★★★★★

View: https://youtu.be/6x7BJlU5-SM

Looters destroyed a Philadelphia business this week in a crazy scene captured by a security camera.

The 53-second video shows dozens of looters cramming into La’vanter Boutique, a small clothing store in North Philly, and ripping it apart around 4 a.m. Tuesday, according to Jameelah Scurry, who co-owns the business with her brother Jamil.

Two women first enter the store, the video shows, and begin tearing shirts and handbags off the racks.
“Bro, grab what you want,” one woman is heard saying.

All of a sudden, dozens more looters flood the store. The scene descends into chaos as looters race to grab what they can.
One man pulls out a green sack and begins stuffing women’s clothes into it as another grabs as much as he can carry in his arms.

“A terrible day for us,” Scurry wrote on the caption of the video. “The day we had everything taken from us in less than a minute.”

In a phone interview with The Post, Scurry, a former crossing guard, recounted how she and her brother, a former police officer, left their jobs to build the store.

Scurry “emptied my savings and checking account,” maxed out her credit cards and even sold her house to open the business, she said.

“I can’t even explain, just a whole lot of blood, sweat and tears,” she added.
Scurry said the business was already reeling from the economic slowdown caused by the pandemic, not to mention a prior robbery that occurred on Aug. 27.

She added that her business made it through the George Floyd riots unscathed, but many others in the neighborhood weren’t so lucky and this round of riots and looting is just another sucker punch.

“The city could do more to protect businesses. None of us are protected. All our investment in the neighborhood is, like, done. Business owners don’t want to come back because a whole lot, from the first time, got destroyed, like businesses got burnt down to the ground, and I was praying the first time, ‘Please don’t let them burn down our building.’”

Scurry urged looters to consider whom they’re hurting when they loot small businesses in the community.

“Tearing down our own communities and our own people is not the way. I believe you can protest without destroying your own community,” she said. “I’m black, so I can resonate with everything that’s going on in America, but tearing down your own community?”

But there is a bright spot. Scurry took to GoFundMe to try to raise some cash to help bring her business back to life.
She was aiming to raise $15,000. As of Thursday evening, she had raised more than $27,600 from hundreds of strangers who posted outpourings of support on the site.

“It’s what I was telling people, like we, as a community, and people can come together, but we don’t have to just come together when there’s trauma or something bad,” she said. “We should always stick together and help each other, not when just something bad is happening. It’s a blessing.”

I want everyone to avoid harmful stereotypes in describing this incident.
Better angels of our nature and all that.
@FrothySolutions thoughts?

it's philly, after all

muh black lives

Nigger be probably setup the looting plot with some of here nigger friends and then posted the gofundme for some extra gibs.

I want everyone to avoid harmful stereotypes in describing this incident.
Better angels of our nature and all that.
@FrothySolutions thoughts?

I'm against looters.

They probably looted @FrothySolutions house but when they seen him they ran away

speedrunning irl

future doctors

The 53-second video shows dozens of looters cramming into La’vanter Boutique, a small clothing store in North Philly, and ripping it apart around 4 a.m
Ok why was the store open at 4AM in a shitty part of philadelphia?
She added that her business made it through the George Floyd riots unscathed, but many others in the neighborhood weren’t so lucky and this round of riots and looting is just another sucker punch.
“The city could do more to protect businesses. None of us are protected. All our investment in the neighborhood is, like, done. Business owners don’t want to come back because a whole lot, from the first time, got destroyed, like businesses got burnt down to the ground, and I was praying the first time, ‘Please don’t let them burn down our building.’”
This is part of whats wrong with black communities. They keep themselves down by doing shit like this. Now no businesses want to open in the area. And guess whos gonna complain when everything in the neighborhood is boarded up and closed? Obviously this is evil whiteys fault. No such thing as accountability to be found here

It's Phily. Honestly the people there behave no differently than they do in the Congo.

sshhhhhhiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeett

"Why do you need a fully automatic rifle ?"
This ;

They should do something about that cumskins problem.