Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Listening to love songs and music as we age

WornOutHopecel

WornOutHopecel

Recruit
★★
I had a crush on Faith Hill in my mid teens and bought her CD. This was in the very early 00's. I knew enough English to understand most of the lyrics but obviously my concept of emotions and romance was undeveloped.
Well I never had sex or a relationship and will be 40 next year and despite the lack of experience the way I approach old art and music has greatly evolved. Some lonely men claim they feel like a teenager in their middle-age and I do not dispute that. I think there are levels to this stuff and I think that people are capable of living vicariously and living through fantasy on some level as if they had those experiences. Perhaps science will discover that some genes are activated during certain parts of a person's life so that the life cycle narrative keeps evolving in our brain even if we only experience some things personally in a dream.

In my line of work I constantly talk to young people and older people about their problems which often have to do with dating an sex and my inexperience has never left me at loss for an answer.