Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

life+suifuel! watch an aerocrete home get built, from foundation to roof and everything in between!

Emba

Emba

Jarjar Sphinx
★★★★★
life+suifuel! watch an aerocrete home get built, from foundation to roof and everything in between!

Trigger warming!
smiling happy gdmf bastards working on a house! goddamned it's fucking brutal! just considering the total cost is ragefuel! (ofc, as YouTubers, they can deduct much of it as video props.)8

but...
if you ever wondered what's under you're walls, or how homes/ buildings, are made, you need to see this video.

the only part not shown was the design effort! and that's perhaps the most important part! you see, all that work isn't done randomly. everything was carefully thought about on paper, (or in AutoCAD) long long before anything IRL happened! so, drafting skills are also very important.

"measure twice, cut once!"

ærocrete is concrete-foam bricks made from air bubbles in concrete. it's very light, and very insulation.

it's perhaps the most energy efficient building material that currently exists.

this 25 minutes video shows the complete process of building a home. speeded up... (try to ignore the sheer joy and pride of the builders.)

it actually takes many months of work IRL.

notice the radiant flooring! watch them scree! (i love that word!) notice the rebar!

the plumbing and electrical stuff is fascinating! (and over simplified)

the only part I would not have done was use gdmf particular board. (pressed and glued wood chips) in the upper gdmf bathroom! I would have spent the extra money for some real gdmf plywood!

I would have also slapped some solar panels on the roof while I was up there - to power the place... oh well.

insulation and doing drywall really sucks! but once done, it stays done.

happy grouting! (another fun word!)

the process shown was done in the correct order of the tasks.

the building shell, and the roof is always the #1 tasks! the inside can then be done at leisure...

they even made cabinets and drawers!

I've done all these things! it's not always easy. but it kind-of is... if you have the tools.

if you can do this stuff, you'll have a skills that you can use anywhere! (if there's an economy!) you can also do repairs to these things as a handyman!

some dudes specialize and only do one task and make very good livings! painters and drywallers make big money because they are sucky messy jobs.

hell, all the jobs involved in housebuilding mostly suck! and some are dangerous AF too! (roofing! I'm talking about you!)

nevertheless, knowing how to do these things can save - or earn - you, big money!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpIRhkTOPAI

Last edited:
If only I owned land :feels:

Hmm seems like the material most stuff in Germany is build of. The real cost is the labor. They prolly worked half a year or more on it.

There are some other experimental videos mixing stytofoam / polystyrol with concrete though.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FBhqONKB1w&t=7s

Interesting and suifuel nevertheless.

They look so happy working together. How lucky

Hmm seems like the material most stuff in Germany is build of. The real cost is the labor. They prolly worked half a year or more on it.

There are some other experimental videos mixing stytofoam / polystyrol with concrete though.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FBhqONKB1w&t=7s

Interesting and suifuel nevertheless.

Yeah the styrocrete is cool stuff, but the styro tends to float...
They look so happy working together. How lucky
Ikr, it's brutal AF

Yeah the styrocrete is cool stuff, but the styro tends to float...

Ikr, it's brutal AF
You mean, it does not disperde evenly in the concrete? Tell me more tbh.

You mean, it does not disperde evenly in the concrete? Tell me more tbh.
It's is finicky. It's a type of chemical balancing act.

Styrofoam floats. It's usually a small batch thing. Only huge companies have the mixers required to quickly make thousands of bricks of the stuff. Usually they use heated forms and sell the whole thing

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back