Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

"Life is beautiful" movie is overrated (Spoilers)

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
It's about a giga low inhib balding Italian kikecel who goes to a concentration camp with his son and he pretends it's a game so his son doesn't know the harsh reality of the war. Normies love this movie and consider it one of the best movies in the whole history of cinema but tbh I was pretty disappointed with it. It wasn't bad or boring, some parts are funny and the music is good as well, but I found the main character irritating with his histrionic and clownish attitude.

Also the movie is very unrealistic, unless the child was borderline retarded he would have realized that something in that camp was very wrong and there was no game kek. Now talking about this irl if the character behaved like he did the camp security guards would have shot him in the head and end of the movie, the scene where he translates German to Italian badly on purpose it's stupid. Ironically his clown, happy-go-lucky and laid-back attitude costs him his life: When the nazis are abandoning the camp because the allies are coming he hides his son inside a box, but the father is caught and they kill him. If he stayed in the barracks with the rest of the jews while the nazis were fleeing the camp he would have survived because at the next day the allies arrive and the camp is liberated. So in the end only the mother and the son survive.

The title is "Life is Beautiful," yet you didn't know it'll be a pile of shit?

I think I was forced to watch this movie in school. I don't think we finished it because I don't remember the guy getting killed. oh well.

I watched it long time ago and i think its one of the best. I love all Roberto Benigni movies, The Monster (1994) is really good.

That movie changed in tone pretty drastically tbh

nignog @Diocel

:feelscomfy:

I watched that movie in middle school and it gave me feels. Then I went home and played vidya as nazis. XD

Roberto Benigni movies are completely unrealistic. He always shacks up wit total dimes in them. YEAH RIGHT

Benigni is overrated as hell, all of his movies have the same intonation and it's nothing special to start with

His shows are simply horerndous, I couldn't stand 20 minutes of his reading of the Divine Comedy

"Life is Beautiful"

Nah I like more realistic movies like The Lord Of The Rings.

Roberto Benigni movies are completely unrealistic. He always shacks up wit total dimes in them. YEAH RIGHT

He only shacks up with one dime, who happens to be his wife in real life and she appears in all of his movies.

Benigni is a smart guy but his brand of comedy only makes sense if you are Italian. I personally like Non ci resta che piangere best but stuff like Il piccolo diavolo, Johnny Stecchino and Il mostro are staples in pretty much every Italian household, my own included.

Life is Beautiful however is problematic first for being an obvious accolade bait, and second by having all this artistry being devoted to exalt the mythology of another race. Benigni isn't a Jew, but he made a better Holocaust movie than most Jews in Hollywood ever did.

The movie is based on a sketch by Charlie Chaplin btw, so it's an intentional ode to Jews and coming from one of Italy's premier artists it's just incredibly cucked, even if he did get his awards in the end.

The failure of La tigre e la neve however demonstrates that without the easy crutch that was the Holocaust his artistic pretentions were just that.