Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Life as a Simulation

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Childhood was Paradise
★★★★★
TL;DR: Life just might be a simulation it´s a hypothesis made by Nick Bostrom and famous people like Elon musk believes it too. I am existential nihilist so I don´t fully believe it but have just started to philosophize over this possibility. Watch the videos, the Kurzgesagt one is the more "fun" one if you have to choose one.

Lately I have been looking into the possibility that life might be a simulation I guess this might have something to do with I am a bit of a narcissist and feel like I am more significant than other people. I have started thinking about this when I go out for a walk and walk past people and just try and maintain eye contact because even though my social anxiety tells me to look away I just try and keep eye contact because these people might just be NPC´s, even you guys on this forum could be NPC´s and just acting accordingly. I can´t believe what video it was in I think it was in the original hypothesis was made by Nick Bostrom and is the same Elon Musk will talk about videos and if I remember correctly their hypothesis indicates that if our existence really is simulated there might actually be 1 million real humans in the world and the rest is simulated, however when I comtemplate this hypothesis I think it makes more sense that I am the only real human and maybe my close family are real too but maybe after further philosophizing the original hypothesis might seem more likely to be true.
- There are even famous people who believe in this like Elon Musk (you can search on YouTube and find videos of him talking about it)

But ultimately I am just a existential nihilist and believe everything is just a random occurrence and life on Earth was just fortunate/unfortunate enough to exist because of the right conditions, and I am also an atheist and believe there are no greater purpose in life no god, afterlife or reincarnation, the meaning with life is to procreate to pass on the genes on to another generation that can do the same, that is the meaning with life although I don´t want any part of this since I view humanity as a decease and the world is already to overpopulated so I don´t want to contribute to the decease that is humanity.

Anyways here are some videos explaining life as a simulation. I found it very interesting I hope you do too.

These two videos explains it very good.

It could also be something like this.

What if life is a trip alien bong hit

It could even be something like this; I saw this picture on Facebook a few years back and it scared the shit out of me just thinking that this might be a possibility.

But again I am sure life is just pure nothingness and life it itself is insignificant but we humans just think so highly of it because of our high self-awareness.

I've had some strange deja vu experiences. Experiences that I could've swore had happened before. Convinced me that we're living in the matrix tbh.

I wish it was

I've had some strange deja vu experiences. Experiences that I could've swore had happened before. Convinced me that we're living in the matrix tbh.
I know what you mean, it´s almost like a glitch. It´s been a long time since I´ve had deja vu but I remember a few times where it didn´t just feel like deja vu but I truly experienced this moment before.

I'll post my very big brained thoughts that noone will read.

I think simulation theory is a logical fallacy that has not yet been named or conceptualised.
Basically, all you have to do is conceive of a an extra-reality(read something outside reality) that has even the smallest possible way of constructing this reality and by virtue of infinity you say it's inevitable.

Apart from simulation theory another theory is that you're god that dreamed a dream where he controlled everything. And kept progressively spicing things up to have less control and excitement. What you're experiencing now is god just entertaining himself. Therefore you're god.

Or, another one somewhat related:
So called Boltzmann brain. Basically the way universe is with its constants has astronomically lower odds of being the way it is than a brain popping into existence through quantum phenomena and experiencing itself.

I love this shit.
Also wasn't Matrix the first movie to come out with that theory? Nick Bostrom published his stuff in 2003 and Matrix came out in 1999.
I also watched all those videos except 3rd tbhthb

The chance that we are in base reality is basically zero.

But just because were in a simulation doesnt mean much. Just exist.

Apart from simulation theory another theory is that you're god that dreamed a dream where he controlled everything. And kept progressively spicing things up to have less control and excitement. What you're experiencing now is god just entertaining himself. Therefore you're god
Yeah I have heard this before in a video and that it also very interesting.

So called Boltzmann brain. Basically the way universe is with its constants has astronomically lower odds of being the way it is than a brain popping into existence through quantum phenomena and experiencing itself.
I believe they mention this in a lot of videos too that is why the chance of life as simulation to be true it actually insanely high I think they might mention it in VSauce video.
Also wasn't Matrix the first movie to come out with that theory? Nick Bostrom published his stuff in 2003 and Matrix came out in 1999.
That is true but almost all great philosophers build on what other people already had thought of.

Yeah I have heard this before in a video and that it also very interesting.

I believe they mention this in a lot of videos too that is why the chance of life as simulation to be true it actually insanely high I think they might mention it in VSauce video.
You missed my whole point.
Things outside reality don't have defined behaviour therefore you can think up any bollocks that will within that frame make this reality inevitable.

In addition to seeing UFOs (which I do not know is related to the topic), I already had premonitions of events seconds ahead (if they are) the last was those days in a final where I thought seconds before the player was going to kick up in the penalty shootout and really happened.

maybe some alien play sims with us. fuck this gay alien

Sure...existence is consciousness becoming conscious of consciousness.

This is fairly basic, and should be mainstream knowledge within the next century if certain puppeteers are unable to effectively bury such.

However...they have been effective for some eons already.

Even with the implications of the Observer Effect and Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle, the priesthood of the white labcoat themselves are unable to acknowlege that mechanistic-reductionist-determinism is backward.

In any event, this isn't the thread for a time and location such as this... People will become aware at a later date, after various matters have effectively come to fruition. Beyond this, such information is too soon...and will be ignored or fought against, if it can be understood at all.

Still...for those who possess the requisite capacity for reason, logic, and perception...keep an eye on what the next few generations of digital physicists work toward.

When a Chad theorist endorses this, I’ll believe it. All of this shit is stuff that screams COPE because the scientists look like :soy:.