Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

let's talk about this ( supernatural )

nausea

nausea

Fesikh
★★★★★
ghosts\spirits\supernatural

your position on this?

personal experience?

discoveries?

stories?

Never witnessed it, but I'm not a strict materialist

This basically means that I'm not deluded enough to think that which is measurable is all there is. So I can't close the door on anything.

The likelihood the spirits of the dead are around us; Most testable predictions would rule it out, but again, doesn't mean it ain't so.

A Good Friend said:
This basically means that I'm not deluded enough to think that which is measurable is all there is. So I can't close the door on anything.
The likelihood the spirits of the dead are around us; Most testable predictions would rule it out, but again, doesn't mean it ain't so.
stories?
usa has its own right?

My gym teacher back in high school had a "special" (slow) son. He showed me a video he took at about 3 a.m, where these orbs were floating out of his son's chest. I have no explanation for it. I've never personally experienced any supernatural shit, so I can't say anything.

nausea said:
A Good Friend said:
stories?
usa has its own right?

Michigan, where I'm from, has a real bad problem with UFO's and old native shit like skinwalkers. People don't really go on about spirits, but we've all seen about a billion UFO's. Never seen a skinwalker or weird beast, but I know people up north that swear they exist.

Last good UFO sighting was about five years ago. Was drinking alone in my garage, went out back to take a piss on a clear night. Really bright star caught my eye, perfectly stationary, as I'm pissing and looking at it for about 15 seconds, it starts moving rapidly southwest (down, and to the right for me), so I freaked out, went in, went to bed. Left the stereo blaring in the garage, all the lights on, and my weed out.

A Good Friend said:
Michigan, where I'm from, has a real bad problem with UFO's and old native shit like skinwalkers. People don't really go on about spirits, but we've all seen about a billion UFO's. Never seen a skinwalker or weird beast, but I know people up north that swear they exist.

Last good UFO sighting was about five years ago. Was drinking alone in my garage, went out back to take a piss on a clear night. Really bright star caught my eye, perfectly stationary, as I'm pissing and looking at it for about 15 seconds, it starts moving rapidly southwest (down, and to the right for me), so I freaked out, went in, went to bed. Left the stereo blaring in the garage, all the lights on, and my weed out.

what about those cows mutilated? and the stairs in the forests?

I'm fully convinced that none of it is real.

nausea said:
what about those cows mutilated? and the stairs in the forests?

Had to look up "stairs in foest." Looks like a Pacific Northwest type thing. You have to remember, the Pac NW is fucking insanely huge and devoid of people. There are parts where no man has set foot. There are undetonated Jap bombs out there floated over during WWII (don't believe me? Look it up)

Cattle mutilation is a Nebraska or Idaho type thing, but it happens everywhere there's cattle. I always believed the cult explanation because I know those are very real. There's all sorts of weird groups doing weird satanic shit in the woods around here. I should join them and get laid.

A Good Friend said:
There's all sort of weird groups doing weird satanic shit in the woods around here.
so they go around mutilating cattle? none got caught?

nausea said:
A Good Friend said:
There's all sort of weird groups doing weird satanic shit in the woods around here.
so they go around mutilating cattle? none got caught?

Something does.

If something gets an "official government explanation," that usually means there's something fucked up going on

nausea said:
you don't have belgian stories?

I actually witnessed the Belgian ufo wave of 1989 but I was a kid and I assume it must've been secret American aircraft or something, but I don't believe they were little green men.

A Good Friend said:
Something does.

If something gets an "official government explanation," that usually means there's something fucked up going on

here in italy they are portrayed on tv as ufo related phenomenon or military weapon-testing

FeminismsCancer said:
nausea said:
you don't have belgian stories?
I actually witnessed the Belgian ufo wave of 1989 but I was a kid and I assume it must've been secret American aircraft or something, but I don't believe they were little green men.

That's exactly what I'm getting at. I know a thing exists through observation. That's the only conclusion I can draw.

The rub is that just because something can't be measured (yet), doesn't mean it's not in play.

nausea said:
A Good Friend said:
Something does.
here in italy they are portrayed on tv as ufo related phenomenon or military weapon-testing

All I know is nothing scares me, nothing except for these fuckers. I can't stand the sight of them. I really, really hate these pics for some reason. I also got in the habit of sleeping during the day from a young age, so much that I always work night shift.

It might mean nothing or everything, but I really hate these.

grey-alien.gif

grey-alien-e1379380133720.jpg

2-large1.jpg

A Good Friend said:
All I know is nothing scares me, nothing except for these fuckers
lol do you remember the fake alien autopsy?

also I like working at nights too, less people

I don't believe in ghosts, but I really believe that aliens are real.

nausea said:
A Good Friend said:
All I know is nothing scares me, nothing except for these fuckers
lol do you remember the fake alien autopsy?
also I like working at nights too, less people

Oh yeah, I was all about that shit when I was a kid. I hated greys so much that I just dove into the subject to find out why. I also read Communion by Whitley Strieber. That's the book the third image is from. I have a small library of alien abduction books. I don't believe the more detailed accounts, but something always calls me back to this subject.

xfiles--a.jpg

I got so into this show because it dealt with grey aliens. Scully is fantastically fucking hot as well.

Crustaciouse said:
I don't believe in ghosts, but I really believe that aliens are real.

the subject is becoming really baroque nowadays, most UFOlogists don't even treat it as an alien question, but an interdimensional hell-beast type thing. Very entertaining.

A Good Friend said:
Scully is fantastically fucking hot as well.
not my type but cummed in her honor plenty

A Good Friend said:
Very entertaining.
I like micho kaku galactic civilization theory

nausea said:
A Good Friend said:
Scully is fantastically fucking hot as well.
not my type but cummed in her honor plenty

Redheads are weird like that. Sometimes they look good, then you get them in the wrong light and they look like Rocky Dennis from Mask.

gillian-anderson.jpg

julianne-moore.jpg

eric%20stoltz.jpg

what about the bermuda triangle?

nausea said:

Nothing peculiar. The same amount of aircrafts and ships crash there than anywhere else.

Kointo said:
nausea said:
Nothing peculiar. The same amount of aircrafts and ships crash there than anywhere else.
and the whole airsquadron disappeared?

Haven't witnessed. I don't believe in the supernatural.

I do believe aliens are out there, but they haven't reached us yet.

KyloRen said:
Haven't witnessed. I don't believe in the supernatural.
I do believe aliens are out there, but they haven't reached us yet.

So human beings are the standard bearer for all things in existence? Because wholly ruling out something outside of our scrutiny is saying that there is something special about our ability to measure, which imbues us with a supernatural quality.

I feel that just because something escapes our definition doesn't rule it out.

A Good Friend said:
So human beings are the standard bearer for all things in existence? Because wholly ruling out something outside of our scrutiny is saying that there is something special about our ability to measure, which imbues us with a supernatural quality.

If such beings do exist, yet, they cannot interact with us nor can we interact with them. It's similar to the idea that there are multiple universes. We are "stuck" inside our own cage and it's impossible to get out.

Ruling out the supernatural is fine because the "rules" they follow are not the "rules" our universe follows.

KyloRen said:
Ruling out the supernatural is fine because the "rules" they follow are not the "rules" our universe follows.
we don't know the rules of universe eh

nausea said:

We know those very well, and the quantum rules are being studied right now.

Nothing suggests that anything supernatural can exist outside of Newton's Laws and Quantum Theory.

KyloRen said:
nausea said:
We know those very well, and the quantum rules are being studied right now.
Nothing suggests that anything supernatural can exist outside of Newton's Laws and Quantum Theory.
darkmatterenergy

nausea said:

Yes, we know them.

Time, width, length, height, volume, sound, mass, density, gravity, etc.

nausea said:
darkmatterenergy

What evidence is there to suggest dark matter is connected to the supernatural?

nausea said:
none why?

Exactly.

Dark matter is entirely hypothetical (hypothetical does not mean it's not accepted by the scientific community) and scientists are studying it and its relationship with current relativity and other fields.

Some adjustments may need to be made, but nothing can suggest the supernatural can exist.

KyloRen said:
nausea said:
none why?
Exactly.
Dark matter is entirely hypothetical (hypothetical does not mean it's not accepted by the scientific community) and scientists are studying it and its relationship with current relativity and other fields.
Some adjustments may need to be made, but nothing can suggest the supernatural can exist.
agree totally

do you have stories?

nausea said:
agree totally

do you have stories?

Nope.

But I am very interested in hearing others.

KyloRen said:
A Good Friend said:
If such beings do exist, yet, they cannot interact with us nor can we interact with them. It's similar to the idea that there are multiple universes. We are "stuck" inside our own cage and it's impossible to get out.

A thing that exists beyond our ability to perceive, that can't be interacted with, may as well not be "real," I'll grant you that.

But outside of a ghost discussion, there's always going to be a stink of the human vantage point connected to what is and what isn't. This is important because ruling out what can't be perceived may cause us to throw away something that can, but hasn't been.

KyloRen said:
Nope.

But I am very interested in hearing others.

I have a story.

One sp00ky night in my hikikomori bedroom, I heard a mysterious noise. It came from the right of my bed! I peeked over and you want to know what I saw? Huh? I saw nothing. Absolutely nothing. It was the settling of the house. Nothing out of the ordinary.

A Good Friend said:
But outside of a ghost discussion, there's always going to be a stink of the human vantage point connected to what is and what isn't. This is important because ruling out what can't be perceived may cause us to throw away something that can, but hasn't been.

Similarly to what you said, this is true in the quantum realm. Observation forces a certain configuration. However, several experiments have been done to get around this. I don't know them off the top of my head, but I know they exist.

It's important not to rule out anything yes. But if all the evidence points to one direction, then that's the direction scientists choose. For instance, evolution (macro) has not been proven, yet all evidence points to the direction that it exists. Therefore, scientists accept it.

All the evidence points that there is nothing supernatural, but, if something supernatural does occur, it's important to investigate it to the best of our ability to discern its cause. If our understanding of scientific laws has to change, then so be it.

In a sense, you're right. But, pragmatically, it's safe to say that the "supernatural" is not possible.

Kointo said:
I have a story.

One sp00ky night in my hikikomori bedroom, I heard a mysterious noise. It came from the right of my bed! I peeked over and you want to know what I saw? Huh? I saw nothing. Absolutely nothing. It was the settling of the house. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Are you an artifact in the chateau?

KyloRen said:
A Good Friend said:
Similarly to what you said, this is true in the quantum realm. Observation forces a certain configuration. However, several experiments have been done to get around this. I don't know them off the top of my head, but I know they exist.
It's important not to rule out anything yes. But if all the evidence points to one direction, then that's the direction scientists choose. For instance, evolution (macro) has not been proven, yet all evidence points to the direction that it exists. Therefore, scientists accept it.
All the evidence points that there is nothing supernatural, but, if something supernatural does occur, it's important to investigate it to the best of our ability to discern its cause. If our understanding of scientific laws has to change, then so be it.
In a sense, you're right. But, pragmatically, it's safe to say that the "supernatural" is not possible.

Scientists have a nasty habit of being part of a material system. Our observations are only as good as the observable will allow. As a concept, human beings are unable to be appreciated by ants, yet we can make large changes in their environment. I would never paint us as so necessary to the idea of the physical universe that we are unable to make the same mistake ants do. Something very natural, very real could exist alongside us without us ever knowing because it's that much superior to us. It need not be otherworldly or magical.

what about loch ness?

A Good Friend said:
Scientists have a nasty habit of being part of a material system. Our observations are only as good as the observable will allow. As a concept, human beings are unable to be appreciated by ants, yet we can make large changes in their environment. I would never paint us as so necessary to the idea of the physical universe that we are unable to make the same mistake ants do. Something very natural, very real could exist alongside us without us ever knowing because it's that much superior to us. It need not be otherworldly or magical.

Possibly.

I've had a few experiences in my life that were pretty mind-boggling. 

• Lots of weird shit used to happen at my cousin's house. There was the usual stuff you hear about in ghost stories. Strange noises, objects being moved or thrown around, lights flickering, cold temperature, fire/burglar alarms going off when the house was empty. And then there was some really scary shit... like the time I was sitting alone in the living room and the fireplace suddenly ignited with a demonic face in it. Or when I slept over and we clearly heard someone crying in the basement despite the fact that no one else was home. These types of events were always happening to my cousins, even when they relocated. Many years later one of them randomly went crazy, started acting possessed, and got locked up in the psych ward after trying to kill her family. 
  • Saw a UFO years ago - looked very similar to the ones in this video:
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QZxsM8xWFA[/video]

• Experiences with lucid dreaming/astral projection.

A Good Friend said:

for real, what's up with Michigan and Arizona? They've got some crazy UFO sightings.

fukmylyf said:
Lots of weird shit used to happen at my cousin's house. There was the usual stuff you hear about in ghost stories. Strange noises, objects being moved or thrown around, lights flickering, cold temperature, fire/burglar alarms going off when the house was empty. And then there was some really scary shit... like the time I was sitting alone in the living room and the fireplace suddenly ignited with a demonic face in it. Or when I slept over and we clearly heard someone crying in the basement despite the fact that no one else was home. These types of events were always happening to my cousins, even when they relocated. Many years later one of them randomly went crazy, started acting possessed, and got locked up in the psych ward after trying to kill her family.
do you mean poltergheist?