Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Let's discuss the modern economy, because I'm fucked

incel-american

incel-american

Banned
-
me:

--30k in debt, car + student loans.
--Continual low-level depression, and every few months a bout of major depression.
--incel/low-status
--shy/diffident/submissive personality
--AVERAGE IQ
--Severely impacted by the great recession -- my peers graduated college in 2008, and a few months later the great recession began.
--Earned a degree in IT from third-tier college years late, but no one wants to hire me for an entry-level position
--A future of doing low-status low pay work fundamentally terrifies me more than not getting a woman.

Can you reiterate why your're having trouble finding a job in your field? Though IT jobs were plentiful at the moment?

You need to know ppl. To increase network. Unfortunately its hard when low status.

Im not in the same field as you but in my case i lucked out because a friend hooked me up. We kinda live in a nepotist society.

This thread makes me want to stay NEET.

We kinda live in a nepotist society.

Wew, is this a massive understatement. I would be shocked if even 10% of hires are due to merit. Two problems is that most jobs are learned by doing them so anybody who isn't retarded is qualified for them and second the work is piss easy so skill and intelligence aren't that important, people just want to work with people they like. 95% of people are wildly incompetent, but it doesn't matter, because people just do business with those they like, doesn't matter if they're any good.

That is the real truth of society. Human's don't sit back a judge anything objectionably and then base decisions on the data. Literally EVERYTHING is constructed on some level based on what people with the power of choice like and dislike.

Not to sound like some wholefoods loving cuck but capitalism only works for some people. The class system's still here, and we're the lowest of the low.

Wew, is this a massive understatement. I would be shocked if even 10% of hires are due to merit. Two problems is that most jobs are learned by doing them so anybody who isn't retarded is qualified for them and second the work is piss easy so skill and intelligence aren't that important, people just want to work with people they like. 95% of people are wildly incompetent, but it doesn't matter, because people just do business with those they like, doesn't matter if they're any good.

That is the real truth of society. Human's don't sit back a judge anything objectionably and then base decisions on the data. Literally EVERYTHING is constructed on some level based on what people with the power of choice like and dislike.
True fuck nepotism even just being referred is kind of nepotistic, don't be surprised if this devolves progress

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind this economy, if they had a lot of jobs, but nah lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back