Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope Language fact: possessive suffix

FinnCel

FinnCel

Alcoholcel
★★★★★
Not all languages show possession the same way. In English you first add the person who owns the thing. And then you add the thing being owned.
If course, you change the word to possessive pronoun.
Examples:
My house
Your car

In Finnish (and other languages like Hungarian and Turkish), there is a thing called possessive suffix. Instead of adding a separate word, there is a suffix indicating the possessor.
Example in Finnish:
Talo (house) - > taloni (My house)
Auto (car) - > autosi (your car)

Sure, Finnish has words for my, you, his, etc (minun, sinun, hänen, etc) but those words are unnecessary as the suffix already does the job

Finnish uses the possessive suffix with ad positions too.
Kanssa (with) - > kanssani (with me)
Yllä (above) - > ylläsi (above you)

The possessive suffix can also be combined to a declined noun (in grammatical case or other suffixes)
Talo (house) -> talossa (in a house) - > talossani (in my house) - talossaniko (in my house?) -> talossanikohan - > (I wonder if it's in my house) - > etc

Thats interesting

same with arabic, and french is the same as english. why are you so into languages ?
Oh really?, Arabi seems like a cool language from what I've read. Didn't know it had possessive suffixes though.

I'm an autist and have been language nerd for a long time

sounds like some american indians speaking ngl

Auto is also car in spanish

Thats interesting
Oh really?, Arabi seems like a cool language from what I've read. Didn't know it had possessive suffixes though.

I'm an autist and have been language nerd for a long time

That’s so cool, i never thought about that. I really like person that are passionate about something.

Finncel is friend

It never stops. A house, a car... This is something I will msot likely never have for my own. I cannot comprehend it.
:(

I'm scared I'll follow Ur footsteps ngl. I just can't imagine myself driving or buying own house/flat

:(

I'm scared I'll follow Ur footsteps ngl. I just can't imagine myself driving or buying own house/flat

There are indeed more and more men who do not have a driver licence anymore. Also, if we look into statistics, men tend to leave home much later than females which also means the chances to get an apartment for your own is also pretty low. To be honest, the future is quite gloomy for men and I do not see a good ending here.

There are indeed more and more men who do not have a driver licence anymore. Also, if we look into statistics, men tend to leave home much later than females which also means the chances to get an apartment for your own is also pretty low. To be honest, the future is quite gloomy for men and I do not see a good ending here.
I'm making a yt vid about this kinda ting. I started on it today but because I procadtinatemaxx it will probably take a week to make even tho it's 2mins long

How do u say "it's over for languagecels" in Finnish

How do u say "it's over for languagecels" in Finnish
That's a bit weird to say but

Ohi kieliselibaateille
Or
Loppu kieliselibaateilta

Instead of using -cel, I used celibate

I'm making a yt vid about this kinda ting. I started on it today but because I procadtinatemaxx it will probably take a week to make even tho it's 2mins long

Just tag me if you want to drop the bomb.

Finnish is fucking weird