Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Knights armor > samurai armor

Themisterpepsi

Themisterpepsi

it be how it be
-
Looks2gud
Rustning_Gustav_Vasa_-_Livrustkammaren_-_32921_small.png

I know this one is jousting armour fuck u
17755546195_17f731227f_b.jpg

Literally gods
Scudamorearmor2.jpg

Gay 
6aa6fa1fc3b8123795f56cedd9fdacc0--samurai-armor-armors.jpg

Bad
b5653b4cb81cada7c1f35f6fcf1895e6--samurai-art-samurai-warrior.jpg

Gross
o_japanese-wearable-samurai-armor-odoshi-samurai-gusoku-4190.jpg

I like samurais more.

disagree

tell me more op

Facade said:
I like samurais more.

Shitty gross mustaches with a darth Vader looking ass helmet

Over

Fucking godly looking helm
images

nausea said:
disagree

tell me more op

•better protection
•can be designed to look fucking amazing
•Dosent have a shitty mustache

but aesthetically or functionality

Themisterpepsi said:
Shitty gross mustaches with a darth Vader looking ass helmet

Over

Fucking godly looking helm
images

•better protection
•can be designed to look fucking amazing
•Dosent have a shitty mustache

It looks uncomfortable and heavy. I don't like knights in general

Samurais had a real Philosophy unlike knights who just executed orders

nausea said:
but aesthetically or functionality

Both really

[video=youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qzTwBQniLSc[/video]

subscribed, so I can continue this topic

ok let's talk about this, good matter

visibility, field of vision, sights are all crucial in battles aka difference between life and death

the samurai armors afaIk reference to two main models : sengoku jidai period and genpei period if I remember correctly, the latter featured bizarre protections, the first one I find more pleasuring to the eye and also better suited for combat

about knights, you refer to medieval stuff right?

Agreed, no better looking armor than knight armor.

@blickpall history here

@commander_zoidberg

I have a Yoroi set in my home, I might get dressed in it tomorrow and take a pic with the delayed camera function.

Tempus Edax Rerum said:
I have a Yoroi set in my home, I might get dressed in it tomorrow and take a pic with the delayed camera function.

How much did it cost?

Themisterpepsi said:
How much did it cost?

It's a replica, but 3k~

nausea said:

visibility, field of vision, sights are all crucial in battles aka difference between life and death

the samurai armors afaIk reference to two main models : sengoku jidai period and genpei period if I remember correctly, the latter featured bizarre protections, the first one I find more pleasuring to the eye and also better suited for combat

Visibility and field of vision meant shit if you could just spin around with your sword because you were on god mode. In full plate armor you were basically immune to any direct attacks and could slay the villagers like Chico Lachowski. Samurai armour can't even be compared, somebody could stab you in the foot to make you shit yourself from pain and then finish you with a fucking fork because there are so many gaps he can thrust in. Maybe you're gonna say that katana was better than european swords too?

Samurai armor was wooden and leather shit woven together, they are shit compared to knightly craftsmanship. And the swords they used are even worse, that shit would break after 10 hits and was mainly used as traditional atire.

nausea said:

It didn't notify me about this 

But basically what akarin said

Yes it is limited but for me I think it's a fair tradeoff for a good protection

7f563506ca5338e91e9e96d640074746--knight-armor-armors.jpg

But i find engravings on knight armor more appealing

I'm also talking late middle age stuff like 15th or 14th century

Little note:

The armors I showed were random pictures to look at design
so if you got a armor set that you think that is better
(Functionality or looks nice) please share it

Akarin said:
Visibility and field of vision meant shit if you could just spin around with your sword because you were on god mode. In full plate armor you were basically immune to any direct attacks and could slay the villagers like Chico Lachowski. Samurai armour can't even be compared, somebody could stab you in the foot to make you shit yourself from pain and then finish you with a fucking fork because there are so many gaps he can thrust in. Maybe you're gonna say that katana was better than european swords too?

Your first sentence doesn't make sense to me. No offense.

Full plate armor lol, they were forced to only fight in winter just to give you some context.

The comparison is hypothetical obviously, armors and weaps comes together, different style of combat etc.

Katana is vastly better than any medieval sword, technically speaking.

Themisterpepsi said:
The armors I showed were random pictures to look at design
so if you got a armor set that you think that is better
(Functionality or looks nice) please share it
here in italy we have top tier museums and experts

Themisterpepsi said:
It didn't notify me about this 
what??

Akarin said:

Breathe bb
sheldon-hyperventilating-big-bang-theory.gif

nausea said:
Your first sentence doesn't make sense to me. No offense.

Full plate armor lol, they were forced to only fight in winter just to give you some context.

The comparison is hypothetical obviously, armors and weaps comes together, different style of combat etc.

Katana is vastly better than any medieval sword, technically speaking.

here in italy we have top tier museums and experts

what??

No reason to talk with you about history ever again. Katana is a shitty thin piece of bad quality iron which was good only for cutting bamboo in exhibitions because it gets dull so fast.

And yes, visibility means shit if you can go full god mode on you enemies. Knight was almost invincible in battle while samurai needed to look around all the time because he's armour was wooden piece of shit that could get pierced by a kitchen knife.

Themisterpepsi said:
nausea said:
Like it didn't alert me that you made that post
why? I subscribed to this too

Akarin said:
No reason to talk with you about history ever again.
wanna discuss, discuss

do not wanna discuss, do not discuss

nausea said:

wanna discuss, discuss

If too many posts come in it Dosent notify me a few of them

Themisterpepsi said:
nausea said:

wanna discuss, discuss

If too many posts come in it Dosent notify me a few of them

yea I too miss posts sometimes

nausea said:
yea I too miss posts sometimes

Anyways what do think is the absolute best looking samurai armor?

nausea said:
sengoku jidai period

8e16d96c620ec266bb0b22ab4ac39183--samurai-armor-traditional-japanese.jpg

Like this?

The really only think I like from these sets is the ornaments on the kabuto

Themisterpepsi said:
Like this?
yes like that

the style and ornaments are fabulous

@Themisterpepsi please tell me if you got alert for the tag

nausea said:

wanna discuss, discuss

So tell me why do you think katanas were vastly better?

nausea said:
yes like that

the style and ornaments are fabulous

@Themisterpepsi please tell me if you got alert for the tag

Got it

I was browsing something

I'll give the samurai one thing and that is they are colorful

Akarin said:
nausea said:

wanna discuss, discuss

So tell me why do you think katanas were vastly better?

some guy years ago showed me a katana he bought in japan, truly amazing weapon, perfectly balanced, deadly

Themisterpepsi said:
I'll give the samurai one thing and that is they are colorful
yes they are also varied in appearance, but do not underestimate medieval european stuff, it too is very valuable

are you usa?

nausea said:
some guy years ago showed me a katana he bought in japan, truly amazing weapon, perfectly balanced, deadly

I don't want to go weebish and shit

They are made in a ingenious way though

They fold high carbon steel over low carbon steel so it would not break easily under pressure but still be sharp

That's why they are curved

Themisterpepsi said:
nausea said:
I don't want to go weebish and shit
They are made in a ingenious way though
They fold high carbon steel over low carbon steel so it would not break easily under pressure but still be sharp
That's why they are curved
weebish=?

nausea said:

yes they are also varied in appearance, but do not underestimate medieval european stuff, it too is very valuable

are you usa?

Yeah I lived there

I saw one kabuto that looked really cool
It had some fish ornament on it

Don't have the pic though

nausea said:
weebish=?

Sucking off japan

nausea said:

So you rate the usefulness of a sword based on swinging it few times through air? 

latest

Akarin said:
nausea said:
So you rate the usefulness of a sword based on swinging it few times through air?
latest
are you playing smartass?

nausea said:
why you hate jap?

I don't hate it

Maybe I show dislike because normies have glorified it too much

nausea said:
are you playing smartass?

You are playing dumbass. Katanas are balanced and look cool but they are almost useless in battle. They weren't even used there because samurais mainly used their spears. They get dull insanely fast and they are so thin they can break or bend when they are hitting something harder than bamboo.

Akarin said:
You are playing dumbass. Katanas are balanced and look cool but they are almost useless in battle. They weren't even used there because samurais mainly used their spears. They get dull insanely fast and they are so thin they can break or bend when they are hitting something harder than bamboo.

you confuse ashigaru with samurai, maybe

samurai used alot of weaps

if we agree to extend this topic to whole historical warfare I am more than happy

nausea said:

if we agree to extend this topic to whole historical warfare I am more than happy

Katanas were the last resort. They were mainly archers but if they had to fight hand to hand it was always a polearm, not some parody of a sword.

Akarin said:
nausea said:
Katanas were the last resort. They were mainly archers but if they had to fight hand to hand it was always a polearm, not some parody of a sword.
which jap weap do you like the most?

nausea said:
which jap weap do you like the most?

Like? Katana. Useless at war but good enough to cut through normies. If I had to take something to war that would be probably naginata. Good for thrusting, good for cutting and long enough to keep safe distance.

nausea said:
yea I like it too, good weap

your fav european med weap?

Any sword would do. If I was a normal infantryman I'd go for one handed with a shield. If I was fully armoured knight I would go for some huge ass zweihänder

Akarin said:
nausea said:
yea I like it too, good weap
your fav european med weap?
Any sword would do. If I was a normal infantryman I'd go for one handed with a shield. If I was fully armoured knight I would go for some huge ass zweihänder
knight on foot you mean right?

Akarin said:
nausea said:
knight on foot you mean right?
Yeah. I'd sit on a horse only if I had a bow.
hmmm, only if I were a mongol

I would with a spear

also, to be able to do good things with mounted archery you need a superbased training