Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Kirk Douglas's legacy will test the measure of #MeToo.

• Thread starter FrothySolutions
  • Start date
FrothySolutions

FrothySolutions

Post like the FBI is watching.
★★★★★
Kirk Douglas. Dead at 103. And as it was for Kobe there is an outpouring of remembrance. Also as it was for Kobe? There is some bucking of the trend. Because as it was for Kobe, Kirk Douglas has some allegations to his name. Allegations. Not convictions.

But the allegations are horrifying. Natalie Wood accused Douglas of raping her in 1953. And I don't mean any "I didn't know what I was doing when I agreed to it" rape. Or any "He snuck up on me when I was asleep" rape. She says he "violently" raped her. Took her roughly. Impossible to misconstrue as consensual.

So, it's a little different from Kobe. Close, but still different. Douglas wasn't killed in a tragic accident, nor did he take anyone with him. He died peacefully at 103. 103 is old enough for people to forget that you're still alive anyway. Most of our celebrities are lucky to make it to 90. So that's gonna cost him sympathy points. That, and the depravity of his alleged, alleged crime. However, he is a beloved actor from the olden olden days of Hollywood, so we have his legacy to consider. Also, Natalie Wood has been herself dead these many decades. So there are no victims left alive to disrespect by missing Douglas. I suspect we'll just remember the movies and let that be that.

Meanwhile, in Kobe news...

Gayle King, emboldened by her interview with R. Kelly, talks to WNBA player Lisa Leslie about Kobe and asks, do the rape allegations complicate Kobe's legacy?

Maybe equally bold, Leslie says no. This is a new step. For the most part now we haven't been talking about the allegations. It's been about remembering Kobe in a good light and not really bringing up the bad. King brings up the bad, and Leslie addresses it and basically says it doesn't matter.

You know who's not dead? Al Franken. In fact, he seems to be enjoying new life. He was on Kimmel the other night.

Al Franken is one of the more staunchly defended takedowns of #MeToo. For he never laid a finger on anyone. He's even innocenter than Louis CK. What Al Franken did was make a pretend air grab at a woman's breasts. A woman who already had a framework of trust with him for making ribald jokey physical contact. They had just come off doing a set together filled with sex jokes. But Kirsten Gillibrand sought to destroy him anyway. And he was kicked out of Washington. Today, Gillibrand is the one on the outs and Franken's star is rising. Rising. Not wholly "risen" I wouldn't say. This isn't Colbert or Seth Meyers. This is Kimmel. Kimmel will take risks other late night hosts won't. After all, you can take the man off The Man Show, but you can't take The Man Show out of the man.

It has a been a day to mull over the guilt or innocence of many people today. Trump was acquitted, and like with the dudes above we are left only with "Yeah but he was never convicted." Not the happiest place for us to be as a people, I guess.

In further Kobe news, Snoop Dogg/Lion sounds off against Gayle King for what she done.

If I were a feminist article writer, I'd be weighing the pros and cons of a "Does #MeToo Mean Anything Anymore Because We Aren't Mad Enough At Kobe & Kirk Douglas & Al Franken" article right now. Maybe I write it now, maybe I wait for things to cool off about Kobe. But then it might be too late. So maybe I wait for things to cool off about Kobe, and then for a new assault to happen.

Tbh Kirk Douglas has more mass appeal than Kobe. Most people in the world like Football not basketball. But everyone likes Acting. I remember Kirk Douglas from Spartacus and Viking films. I felt a bit sad that he died.

RIP Kirk.
You were my favorite. Still remember watching his movies growing up.
Don't fool yourself, now they'll take the opportunity to dirt him.

Dont care about celebs tbh

Latest from the front, Snoop Lion and/or Dogg seems to have struck bedrock. People were with him when he was saying "Leave Kobe alone," but now he's saying "Free Bill Cosby." And so he's hemorrhaging support.

So, that was probably expected. Kobe is fine. But Cosby is not. Kirk Douglas is fine. R. Kelly is not. But where does the line lay? Kobe is on the good side, Cosby is on the bad side, but where does goodness end and badness begin? Getting arrested? Going to court? Because Kobe went to court. Getting convicted? Because R. Kelly was not convicted.