Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance - let's discuss.

K

KvltWarrior98

Banned
-
I found the game particularly appealing, with a solid combat system drawing heavily on HEMA style combat recreation, good role playing elements, solid characters and a quite interesting plot and setting.

That being said, I ask, for those who played the game, what was your experience with it (let's not discuss bugs); what has drawn me to it was the special attention given to historical accuracy, which in the end - as a half-educated opinion - seems to be mostly spot on. Form the portrayal of social hierarchies, trades, worldviews... and the realistic portrayal of architecture and scale, weapons and armor. I genuinely like it.

What I cannot believe is the massive uproar SJW media has made out of a game that clearly did everything it could to stay as authentic as possible. I cannot but laugh at how offended were certain individuals by specific and realistic approach of society as it was 600 years ago; sure life was unfair then and everything relied on your standing in the community and adherence to a higher social caste; but what is wrong in portraying things as they were? They cannot understand that looking at the game from a - muh diversity, muh representation, muh equality - 2018 lens; a game which clearly intends to portray life at the start of the 15th century is a wrong approach.

All that being said, it turned out to be an immersive experience thus far, can't wait to delve a few more hours in it today.

This another game I want. So many games to play yet I can't find the energy to do it.

omg stop reading into my mind OP

just yesterday was checking it

tell me more about combatsystem

nausea said:
omg stop reading into my mind OP

just yesterday was checking it

tell me more about combatsystem

As said, it is heavily inspired by HEMA; meaning that all the stances, moves, and styles are actual historically based and not just some lame fantasy superpowers.

What is most appealing at the system is the fact that it allows 5 different stances and subsequently 5 directions of attack (after mouse movement) + stabbing attacks, which is quite a innovative way to implement it. And there is not just swords, there are axes, maces and polearms too; tough I did not have enough time as of yet to experiment with those weapons; tough they seem to be as accurate regarding fighting technique as the swords are.

And, it's very rewarding seeing your character grow from basically a nobody who does not even know how to hold a sword appropriately to a good fighter. What I also like is the fact that at no point in the game you become overpowered (after all you are just one man, not some fantasy super hero), even with the best equipment and fighting technique, a swarm of 4-5 bandits will still kill you if you do not plan appropriately beforehand.

nausea said:
but wtf is hemaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaa

HEMA = historical european martial arts

nausea said:
but is it a game?

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is a computer game, yes.

HEMA on the other hand is as much of a game as kendo might be (it's not really a game as it is a fighting style), as it is a form of martial arts.

KvltWarrior98 said:
nausea said:
but is it a game?
Kingdom Come: Deliverance is a computer game, yes.
HEMA on the other hand is as much of a game as kendo might be (it's not really a game as it is a fighting style), as it is a form of martial arts.
i know that kngdom is a game but why you mix a game combat sys with a real life thing? is kingdom a simulation?

nausea said:
i know that kngdom is a game but why you mix a game combat sys with a real life thing? is kingdom a simulation?

You can say it is a simulation of medieval life. It's an RPG very heavy on simulation and historical accuracy.

KvltWarrior98 said:
nausea said:
You can say it is a simulation of medieval life. It's an RPG very heavy on simulation and historical accuracy.
ahhhhhhhhhh thx

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm pc heavy? also did u play mountandblade?

nausea said:
ahhhhhhhhhh thx

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm pc heavy? also did u play mountandblade?

I played Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword; tough that was some 6 years ago. Can't say I played a lot tough; back in 2011 the only thing I had on my mind in regards to video games was Skyrim...

KvltWarrior98 said:
I played Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword
my
main
man

I bet my bloody hemorroids we met online LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

anyway, is kingdom heavy on the pc? and is the combatsys similar to MandB?

thx for the explanation

nausea said:
anyway, is kingdom heavy on the pc?

Depends if you wish to play it on high settings or not. For the low preset @1080p a GTX 660 is more than enough for steady framerates; maybe even at medium 720p upscaled...

For the high preset tough, you will need quite a beefy PC tough...

nausea said:
and is the combatsys similar to MandB?

It's better and more complex IMO.

I've never played it because I don't have a computer, but I plan on joining the pc master race later on this year (around black Friday) because everything is a bit expensive right now. cryptominers have apparently driven gpu prices sky high.

anyway, I know what you mean, about how sjw's are trying to ruin the game. They try to do the same thing every time gta releases. In cod ww2 they even had to add female soldiers lol. when will they understand that it is just a game?

uglylifematters said:
I've never played it because I don't have a computer, but I plan on joining the pc master race later on this year (around black Friday) because everything is a bit expensive right now. cryptominers have apparently driven gpu prices sky high.

anyway, I know what you mean, about how sjw's are trying to ruin the game. They try to do the same thing every time gta releases. In cod ww2 they even had to add female soldiers lol. when will they understand that it is just a game?

Yeah, it is a trend nowadays to complain about trivialities and lack of - muh - diversity in games amongst the SJW lot.

They hated on KCD even more so, because of the setting, the themes, and the historical accuracy. 

They hate it that the game did not shit on the acual history and heritage of the Czech people and did not blackwash their origins. They hated because the gamed did not "criticize" medieval values trough its approach and insted portrayed them appropriately.

It is a medieval game, that recreates perfectly the social conditions back then when things were more ordered from a social perspective and people knew their places... 

All SJW seem care for is diversity and degeneracy (or much rather making degeneracy socially acceptable).

Plus they hate on the lead designer, because he was very vocal about their hypocritical views and lack of care for games themselves; he is a open supporter of Varg Vikernes's ideology; and is generally speking a very based individual that actually seems to know history (of his own people nonetheless) and facts.

If this game would have launched 10 ago, nobody would have complained about the lack of black characters in a video game; the fact that it is set in a very socially discriminating era or that minorities (Cumans as it happens in this game) are portrayed as enemies. It would have been praised for being as historically accurate as this medium can be above everything else!

KvltWarrior98 said:
Yeah, it is a trend nowadays to complain about trivialities and lack of - muh - diversity in games amongst the SJW lot.

They hated on KCD even more so, because of the setting, the themes, and the historical accuracy. 

They hate it that the game did not shit on the acual history and heritage of the Czech people and did not blackwash their origins. They hated because the gamed did not "criticize" medieval values trough its approach and insted portrayed them appropriately.

It is a medieval game, that recreates perfectly the social conditions back then when things were more ordered from a social perspective and people knew their places... 

All SJW seem care for is diversity and degeneracy (or much rather making degeneracy socially acceptable).

Plus they hate on the lead designer, because he was very vocal about their hypocritical views and lack of care for games themselves; he is a open supporter of Varg Vickernes's ideology; and is generally speking a very based individual that actually seems to know history (of his own people nonetheless) and facts.

If this game would have launched 10 ago, nobody would have complained about the lack of black characters in a video game; the fact that it is set in a very socially discriminating era or that minorities (Cumans as it happens in this game) are portrayed as enemies. It would have been praised for being as historically accurate as this medium can be above everything else!

I completely agree. No matter how offensive things may be, historical accuracy is most important the devs are trying to make a fully immersive game. hell, I am black and I care little about diversity in games if it would ruin historical accuracy. It seems nowadays people are always looking at something to riot over. I don't think they realize that there is no point in being mad at something that already happened. Its not like if they rewrite the game to include more black people than history itself would change.

honestly, as an immersive player, I wish that more game devs would include accurate history in games. The lead designer is absolutely right about them not caring about the actual game, they just want it to help further spread their agenda. I'm glad he stood up to them too, more media outlets (games, movies, tv shows ect) need to start making WHAT THEY WANT and not kowtowing to people who have no idea what they are talking about.

lol at the last part, are you by any chance one of those "born in the wrong generation" guys. No offense intended if you are just curious

uglylifematters said:
lol at the last part, are you by any chance one of those "born in the wrong generation" guys. No offense intended if you are just curious

Nah, I just pointed out that things seem to be changing for the worse in regards to how video games are perceived by the general population. 10 years ago the SJW phenomenon was not as prevalent as it is today - it most definitely did not penetrate the gaming comunities.

People make no distinction between essence and appearance anymore, which indeed is a saddening thing to notice.

KvltWarrior98 said:
Nah, I just pointed out that things seem to be changing for the worse in regards to how video games are perceived by the general population. 10 years ago the SJW phenomenon was not as prevalent as it is today - it most definitely did not penetrate the gaming comunities.

People make no distinction between essence and appearance anymore, which indeed is a saddening thing to notice.

the sad truth

I don't like it, I played like 15 minutes, very slow-paced and too much rpg like. Also, I'm not interested in the history of Czech Republic, it's an irrelevant place. They should have went with something like Jerusalem or someplace more interesting.

If you guys want to try it:
https://www.skidrowreloaded.com/kingdom-come-deliverance-codex/

I agree the location isn't great, but I'll just pretend its England or some shit.

I like the bare-bones aspect, but heard there are a lot of bugs.

I'll buy when its 5 bucks on ebay.

I absolutely love it. This is how a RPG should be, except for the annoying bugs of course. Too bad it looks like it flopped due to the fast-paced casual gamer community & SJW uproar

An medieval rpg game based on realism seems like an interesting concept, that being said, i wouldn't play it.