Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Just watched a Batman episode about an evil incel (1992)

watcher

watcher

Life passing by as I watch
★★
For those who think hating on incels and the whole "nice guy" phenomena is recent... this is from the early 90's Batman: The Animated Series. Season 1 episode: 'Mad as a Hatter'.

It starts by showing our villain: a high IQ scientist working on a device to control minds, he works for Bruce Wayne (giga Chad) he is ugly with an huge nose, and although his experiments are questionable, he does not seem evil (at first)

And then we have our Stacy, a co-worker who is lamenting how her Chad boyfriend does not want to commit, and even goes as far as mentioning they were fighting and screaming over this.

The incel sees this as his chance to get Stacy, so he invites her to a date and she accepts (JFL) in this scene you can clearly see how they portray the Stacy as a clueless, innocent victim, crying over fights with her Chad boyfriend, accepting dates with the incel, the poor thing! Also, the incel is portrayed as dressing and behaving in a very strange way (muh personality) the cliche normie cope about clothes and personality "if only he dressed well, he would get sex!" or something like that. Stacy is a pure little angel, and the evil incel is exploiting her. Chad might scream at her, but hey he is a good man after all!

During the date, they are confronted by two thugs wanting to rob them, the incel puts cards on their heads and tell them to go jump on a river, they are eventually found by Batman who starts to investigate.

The incel starts using his mind controlling devices to make himself look high status to the Stacy, even to the point of impressing her! Yes we have an incel trying to use statusmaxxing to impress Stacy here.

The next day, Stacy comes to thank incel for "cheering her up" and tells him that Chad apologized to her and now wants to marry her! Love trumps all, I guess?

So even with his supposed high status, he was still ugly so of course she would never date him and preferred to be with Chad, screaming at each other. He reacted in the typical way incels are portrayed in fiction, being pissed off, not because of years of abuse, but simply because he was rejected once and his personality does a 180. He starts his evil plan: control the mind of Chad to make him break up with Stacy, its funny how she starts crying and BatChad is at her side, and he is clearly worried like there is something completely wrong about what is happening and that could not be a coincidence. Obviously he goes after the bad guy.

Then there is the obligatory cringe scene where the incel goes full rape mode, going after scared Stacy, Batman comes to save her but incel has thugs he controlled with his device to fight him. He eventually kidnaps her and controls her mind to be with him... yes, the evil incel mind-controlling Stacy to like him JFL he even dresses her as Alice in Wonderland (her name is Alice btw).

Long story short, BatChad defeats him with the help of Chad fiancé. The last scenes are the couple embracing, and the incel on the floor lamenting his defeat.

That's it. No clever conclusion, no smart remarks or anything.

Normally when I see shit like this I am not surprised. But this time it took me by surprise, not because of what happens but the fact this is from fucking 1992. I never expected to see something this old to have such a cliche, tired view on the whole incel phenomena. I thought this narrative was more recent, I was wrong. People have been portraying incels as evil villains for many, many decades. And the whole thing felt so forced and stupid, he is evil ONLY because of being rejected, there is no build up to it, to explain why he is the way he is other than the fact he wants to date/fuck Stacy while being ugly. For normies this is good enough explanation. It's nothing new to use ugliness as a standard to show audiences someone is evil before he shows any flaws. Making a nice non-aggressive scientist suddenly turn into a mind controlling maniac simply because he was rejected is 100% believable since he is ugly and dresses like a clown.

Here is me, watching some old ass cartoon expecting to see people fighting in silly clothes only to see typical propaganda, exactly the same garbage we see if we watch television today.

Last edited:
This was 1992, online dating was not even a term in language yet. It is not entirely inconceivable that she would agree to just one date with mad hatter.
BadChad's confrontation with mad hatter, even if mad hatter was perceived as good and just, is also political. He doesn't need competition from anyone in Gotham city. BatChad wants a monopoly on crime fighting (and possibly also he Gotham harem).
Lastly, I wish a foid was so interested in me that she would be willing to kidnap, attempt mind control and pick outfits for me. At least it wouldn't leave any room for doubt.

I remember watching that episode, it stuck with me too because of how relatable the premise of the Mad Hatter character was portrayed. That show was well written altogether.

"Mad as a Hatter" and "Birds of the Feather" are basically #OurEpisodes

Hatter was barely crossing moral lines IMO, like yeah he got himself a free meal and people to cater to him so he seemed important to impress Alice, but that's a drop in the bucket compared to the lifetime of freebies and good treatment that Chad gets.

Pretty sure he didn't even intend those goons to die (even though they deserved it) he prob thought they'd just jump into some small stream, not climb some200ft tall bridge so it'd be a fatal plunge.

He only went further when Batman tried to stop him and fucked up his courtship

Pretty sure he didn't even intend those goons to die (even though they deserved it) he prob thought they'd just jump into some small stream, not climb some200ft tall bridge so it'd be a fatal plunge.
There is a strange connection between being a simp/leftist and siding with criminals... no wait, nothing strange about it. Just simps defending those women want to fuck.

Awesome high quality thread. This batman show's writers may well have life experience.

There is a strange connection between being a simp/leftist and siding with criminals... no wait, nothing strange about it. Just simps defending those women want to fuck.

I'm not sure what you're referring to, do you mean siding with female villains? We're talking about male villains?

I read all, yep for soyciety inkwells are always bad people

I'm not sure what you're referring to, do you mean siding with female villains? We're talking about male villains?
No, simps defend criminals because women want to fuck criminals, and simp will defend anything that women want..

No, simps defend criminals because women want to fuck criminals, and simp will defend anything that women want..
it depends on the criminal, clearly in this case the foids were rejecting Hatter and Penguin

we're not talking about defending chads like Bane or Two-Face here