Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Just saw The Shining

• Thread starter Deleted member 22999
  • Start date
Deleted member 22999

Deleted member 22999

5’4 Akechicel
-
Probably the only horror movie thats ever scared me ngl. One thing I didn’t get was why there was a dude in an animal costume or something in one of the rooms near the end. Idk why but that shit freaks me out, animal costumes are scary to me. But yeah really good movie, glad I finally saw it. Hopefully I can still manage to sleep though :feelsmega:

Nothing scares me more than seeing no replies on an old thread

Kubrick's movies are cool tbh

I've seen it for the first time a couple weeks ago. It was good. What made you scared? It wasn't frightening imo and I'm usually easily scared... The animal costume stuff apparently meant there was abuse in the relationship between Jack and his family, perhaps even sexual abuse with his son. But idk... there's all sorts of theories. what about that ending though? wtf
Do you plan on watching Doctor Sleep? haven't seen it yet... I think I'll watch it... eventually... but I'm not really looking forward to it

Not gonna lie, the shining was alright in its time but it's absolute trash now. Watching it nowadays is like watching paint dry. It bored me to absolute tears I had to get so drunk to finish it