Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Just finished the wire.

I

ionlycopenow

Self-banned
-
Such a blackpilled ending. So cynical and depressing, and deterministic, I am truly impressed I never watched it while it was running. One truecel replaces another. Life goes on

I don't think many shows come close to that level of blackpill. It's truly depressing and bittersweet of an ending. Fuck I'm gonna miss it bros

Sounds interesting. Might watch it later.

damn, what was it about?

damn, what was it about?
I was purposefully vague to avoid spoilers. You should definitely see it if you haven't. It's about cops going after drugs but the show goes beyond that and eventually gets into politics and the characters. I wasn't expecting such a blackpilled finale and final message. Truly bittersweet

I was purposefully vague to avoid spoilers. You should definitely see it if you haven't. It's about cops going after drugs but the show goes beyond that and eventually gets into politics and the characters. I wasn't expecting such a blackpilled finale and final message. Truly bittersweet
were any of the characters loser incels?

were any of the characters loser incels?
oh yeah. It's about drug busting dude, it covers street level bums and addicts almost every season

There is one in particular, and then there's also a few episodes covering school system and there is a shitload of truecel kids there. I won't spoil it but alot of them never go beyond truecel losers and some just become even worse off

Very true about the ending. To me it's the best Drama ever and maybe the best TV show ever.

First two seasons are good, especially the second season. Not so much after that, overrated.
contrarian take, but not as bad to me because I also liked season two

The wire is the best. You should get the books that a lot of the source material came from. Homicide a year on the killing streets and the corner. The corner is better but brutal. Worth a read.