Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Based Java is the best OOPL

IngsocSimp

IngsocSimp

Officer
★★★
And if you disagree, fucking byte me.

I know nothing about that stuff, so I guess I agree

No offence but java is hot garbo, just thinking about it makes me suicidal. This mid-90s loaded style of OOP is the biggest motivation killer for me.

No offence but java is hot garbo, just thinking about it makes me suicidal. This mid-90s loaded style of OOP is the biggest motivation killer for me.
What do you consider superior?

What do you consider superior?
idk, C#, but it's not like I'm doing much outside of my frontend code monkey stuff. I just have PTSD from OOP-heavy languages that lack flexibility and have to obfuscate everything under 100 layers of abstractions to get things done

i hate the syntax, its weird

would rather use python (just dont screw up the spaces lol)

idk, C#, but it's not like I'm doing much outside of my frontend code monkey stuff. I just have PTSD from OOP-heavy languages that lack flexibility and have to obfuscate everything under 100 layers of abstractions to get things done
C# is better but I think the future is with either scripting style languages or Golang and rust style low latency languages, this 90s style should die, it'll probably be gone in a decade or more

rust style low latency languages,
god, please, no. We already have C++, now rust aims to "replace" it, literally, by turning into another overcomplicated "see page 45" type of bullshit. Go has its own quirks of course but i like its lighter syntax, uncomplicated symantics, etc. But it still can't produce PIEs (don't know if devs have it as a priority), so it is not a replacement for anything. I want a similar language, not sure if I like go itself that much

I've also looked into similar languages like c3, odin, crystal, etc. And I feel like they will never become mainstream enough to trump more traditional ones like C/C++/C# or even Rust or Go which are more recent.

I've also looked into similar languages like c3, odin, crystal, etc. And I feel like they will never become mainstream enough to trump more traditional ones like C/C++/C# or even Rust or Go which are more recent.
Rust and Go are basically trendsetters, Go is modern but looks more like a language from the 70s, Rust is a trendsetter as well, Odin, C3 etc will never replace this but I think Rust, Go and Typescript are here to stay

C++ is better Java is for faggots

I can't support anything from Kikerosoft I'm afraid. Stink# is infinitely worse because you support jews by using it, however good the language itself is.

This mid-90s loaded style of OOP is the biggest motivation killer for me.
Imagine getting into programming before OOP existed and then gradually getting into it as it emerges, I envy these old programmers so much.

Anyway, Java mogs because most job offers are about it.

@IngsocSimp Any references/books/ways to learn coding that you'd recommend?
I started learning Java as my first language this year, I'm planning to pass associate certificate next year, I bought some pajeet book which seems to explain all theory for the test nicely and mock exams from enthuware. My practical skills are weak, aside from basic shit that you'd see in here for example:

I heven't done anything more advanced yet.

Imagine getting into programming before OOP existed and then gradually getting into it as it emerges, I envy these old programmers so much.

Anyway, Java mogs because most job offers are about it.

@IngsocSimp Any references/books/ways to learn coding that you'd recommend?
I started learning Java as my first language this year, I'm planning to pass associate certificate next year, I bought some pajeet book which seems to explain all theory for the test nicely and mock exams from enthuware. My practical skills are weak, aside from basic shit that you'd see in here for example:

I heven't done anything more advanced yet.

Check out RyiSnow's tutorials on Youtube. He shows you how to make games, ranging from simple text-based games to full on NES style games.

Even if you're not getting into gaming specifically, his tutorials will help you get accustomed to using Java and how it works. I'd recommend you start with the tutorials for point-and-click games.

My approach to learning programming languages which has allowed me to master python and gain a decent understanding of c, c++, and Java, basically involves setting a goal that must be achieved with the language and learning just enough to achieve that goal. For instance, I made an encryption/decryption system with python, as well as a key generator. Problem was, the key generator took a whole day to generate a long enough key to last effectively forever, so I learned c and c++ which run faster to speed the process up. Don't bother too much with learning the fundamentals at once. Learn that as you go and as needed.

Last edited:
Even if you're not getting into gaming specifically, his tutorials will help you get accustomed to using Java and how it works. I'd recommend you start with the tutorials for point-and-click games.
Funnily enough - I always wanted to make videogames, after trying out a bunch of easiest game engines imaginable I came to conclusion that there is no way around learning how to code.
I don't want to put my sweat and tears into being part of a team making some globohomo AAA game, but unless your game blows up because of some jewtuber trying to earn money from making indie games is like trying to make a living out of being soundcloud rapper :lul:
So I came to conclusion that it's best to get into programming as a job and make videogames on the side as a hobby unless one of them blows up somehow.
I'd recommend you start with the tutorials for point-and-click games.
I remembered all these weird, sometimes oddly ethereal point-and-click games I used to play in web browser as a kid :feelsohh:
Anyway, thanks!

Funnily enough - I always wanted to make videogames, after trying out a bunch of easiest game engines imaginable I came to conclusion that there is no way around learning how to code.
Yeah, I tried Godot and it was fucking trash. I honestly think that I'm best off, for now anyways, just coding games from scratch.
I don't want to put my sweat and tears into being part of a team making some globohomo AAA game, but unless your game blows up because of some jewtuber trying to earn money from making indie games is like trying to make a living out of being soundcloud rapper :lul:
Eh, not quite. There are tons of successful indie devs. It just requires time and patience. I've seen a lot of success in city builder type games as of late, but even platformers are doing well.
So I came to conclusion that it's best to get into programming as a job and make videogames on the side as a hobby unless one of them blows up somehow.
Yeah, that's one way to do it.
I remembered all these weird, sometimes oddly ethereal point-and-click games I used to play in web browser as a kid :feelsohh:
Anyway, thanks!
I played a few of those. They're a thing of the past now it seems.

Op has IQ of an average hamster

Eh, not quite. There are tons of successful indie devs. It just requires time and patience. I've seen a lot of success in city builder type games as of late, but even platformers are doing well.
Well, maybe I exaggerated with souncloud rapper comparsion, it's probably possible to make a living out of it if you're putting out games regularly even if none of them blow up in popularity, but my parents would kick me out of house if I decided I'm making videogames for a living.
I had enough of a hard time convincing my mother that programming is a real job, she kept harrasing me and making arguments over my time spent on computer until she ran into some shitty clickbait article about how programmers supposedly earn gorilions of $ :feelsseriously:

C++ is better Java is for faggots
what makes you say that tommy wiseau GIF by The Room

Well, maybe I exaggerated with souncloud rapper comparsion, it's probably possible to make a living out of it if you're putting out games regularly even if none of them blow up in popularity, but my parents would kick me out of house if I decided I'm making videogames for a living.
I had enough of a hard time convincing my mother that programming is a real job, she kept harrasing me and making arguments over my time spent on computer until she ran into some shitty clickbait article about how programmers supposedly earn gorilions of $ :feelsseriously:
Oof.

Well, it's definitely a good hobby to do on the side of a normal job. Could help you rake in a bit of cash here and there regardless.

I know only C and I don't care. I lost all my motivation to learn programming

da best one b what make da most money, in a lot of time if dis java den ok wit me

C++ mogs, even Python is better than Gayva

C++ mogs, even Python is better than Gayva
Anything and everything is better than that verbose OOP curry language, tonnes of boilerplate and you can't even find the logic unless you've gone inside 5 different files while debugging

Anything and everything is better than that verbose OOP curry language, tonnes of boilerplate and you can't even find the logic unless you've gone inside 5 different files while debugging
If you think c++ is any easier to deal with then you're kidding yourself

If you think c++ is any easier to deal with then you're kidding yourself
I don't think C++ is easier to deal with, if anything it's a shittier complex unsafe and overtly complex wrap over low level C

I apologize for overestimating your critical thinking capacity.
Java is shit:
1. No constants
2. No pass by reference
3. No memory control
4. Collections api is fucked up

Java is only good to make dome shit web app and throw this into prod

The only reason java became popular is the JVM is supposed to make cross platform easier, and it's concurrency API is easier to manage than c-style threads. These are all genuine advantages and should be considered when deciding whether to use Java for any projects.

Java is shit:
1. No constants
2. No pass by reference
3. No memory control
4. Collections api is fucked up

Java is only good to make dome shit web app and throw this into prod
1. Constants are for special needs fuckups. Just stop being a retard and modifying variables you don't want to. Python doesn't have constants either for this reason. Not that fucking hard.

2. It doesn't need pass by reference. It functions perfectly fine without it. You can still pass objects around without any issue.

3. Java's for actually getting things done rather than wasting time managing memory manually for no other reason than for bragging rights.

4. Maybe you're just retarded?

Java is good for people who don't have their head up their ass.

1. Constants are for special needs fuckups. Just stop being a retard and modifying variables you don't want to. Python doesn't have constants either for this reason. Not that fucking hard.
You don't even know how to use const.
2. It doesn't need pass by reference. It functions perfectly fine without it. You can still pass objects around without any issue.
You don't need OOP. Php4 functions fine without it.
3. Java's for actually getting things done rather than wasting time managing memory manually for no other reason than for bragging rights.
Therefore if you need you app to perform you use c++, if you want to throw some shit together then Java is just fine.

4. Maybe you're just retarded?
Their immutable list violates list interface. Imagine how fucked up that is?
Java is good for people who don't have their head up their ass.
For people who like their ass up high and their head down low.