Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion ITT - JOKER Megathread discussion. The purpose and the message behind it

EmbraceYourAgony

EmbraceYourAgony

Greycel
I suppose everyone here has seen it already, so the risk of spoiling it to others is pretty much non-existent.

What surprised me the most was the misconception about the message and the massive media backlash.
The media blew it out of proportion in an unimaginable way, spreading false information, deeming the movie as dangerous, violent, and an “akin to an incel training manual”; breeding fear in a desperate attempt to attract clicks. They wanted the movie to inspire a real shooting so they could take advantage of it. They wanted someone to die to use it as a valid point against Incels.
I read an article written by some stupid foid who calls herself a ‘journalist’, saying that the joker was just an outraged inkwel ‘because he didn’t get the girl to have sex with him’. It. is. not. about. sex. Notice how in none of his delusions with Sophie they were having wild sex, he imagined her when he needed support on the night he performed his stand up for the first time, he pictured her laughing at his jokes, telling him he was a hero (indirectly), taking care of him when his mother died, caressing his back and offering him a coffee.
What the movie portrays is the need for nurture. It’s not self-importance or self-pity, although at the same time it is. Everyone craves connection and affection. It is not selfishness nor entitlement.
Joker doesn’t condone violence, it depicts what degradation does to the mind. Incels want to be treated with decency and instead, Arthur was faced with apathetic/hostile behaviours. He was fired from his job, he was lied to, abused, beaten up several times, humiliated.

We all know what happens when you soak a person in shame. Don’t we?

In my perspective, Murray Franklin had it coming. The Joker tolerated his salty comments and mockery until he couldn’t anymore. In that particular scene when Joker starts ranting on live tv, the staff looks over at Murray making gestures for him to end the interview and someone can be heard yelling ‘take him out’, but Murray chose to keep going. He chose to keep going even when things were getting progressively intense. It’s basically Arthur and the psychiatrist, in his monologue he talks about his mental health, being a loner, the spiteful treatment from society, yet, Murray isn’t listening. He’s twisting his answers, asking meaningless questions and accusing him of drowning in self-pity as he is pouring his heart out and trying to explain himself. He is being blatantly ignored and being told that his pain doesn’t matter.

And also this Mother, she absolutely deserved it, The unyielding rage I felt when he opened those files, when we find out she had NPD and delusional psychosis, when we learn that Arthur was found tied to a radiator in a filthy apartment, severely malnourished, with bruises all over his body and face with damage to his head. Goddammit. I guess only people who were abused as a child can truly comprehend this anger, but being mistreated at such a young age by someone you were supposed to rely on creates such an ugly resentment that builds up until it becomes overwhelming.

The movie is truly a comic tragedy, one of my favourite movies of all time. A masterpiece and one of the best cinematic performances in history, which will remain relevant for years. This guy’s video: is High IQ, he says the movie holds a mirror up to the audience and everyone sees a part of themselves. I saw myself in terms of abuse and mistreatment Arthur suffered as a child. In what aspect did the joker speak to you?

In what aspect did the joker speak to you?
I saw the movie a lot while I was wagecucking and still lived with my mother. Maybe it sounds trivial or cringey, but the start of the movie really hit home with me (the end did too and it was cathartic, but only shit the start). Arthur goes to work every day and spends 8 hours being fucking shit on by people, worked like a dog, treated like garbage by everyone for barely enough to get by. He's probably working 40 hour weeks, but he gets no positive reinforcement out of it whatsoever even though he isn't NT and has a harder time pulling through it than a normal person. He sees people who are supposed to help him and they don't give a solitary shit about him. At the end of each workday he trudges into the pharmacy, gets what he needs to get, then climbs the stairs to his home exhaustedly. He is isolated, receives no meaningful help for anything, has no friends, is treated in a demeaning manner by his coworkers for things outside of his control, is constantly drained of his energy by something that he clearly despises (despite his pleading in the telephone box in an attempt to keep his source of income) and is all around just a human punching bag for everyone around him in the moments of the day in which he isn't just ignored and discarded. He exists at the bottom of the pyramid because somebody has to, and those above him (who never think about what it's like to be somebody like him) will make sure he never hears the end of it. Seriously, I really related to that clip when he walked up the stairs like he did.

When he gets home from work exhausted he has to tend to his fucking cunt of a mother, who still has the gall to look him in the eye after doing what she has done for years and years. She is a complete piece of shit but acts as if she has done nothing wrong and deserves infinite respect from her son whose life she has basically fucked completely, she acts like nothing is happened. She barely even treats him as a complete human being and speaks to him manipulatively, failing to ever build him up in any meaningful way and negging him. In her senile, physically-frail state she claims that she loves her son, but if she well and truly did she would have acted like it when she was in her prime. She also brought in at least one boyfriend who was a cunt to Arthur and made his life suck ass, ruining his development, but she didn't care because she felt like finding herself and dragged her son around behind her as she did so. She is a selfish narcissistic hole that absolutely deserved the pillow and far more.

It's a gravedig, but it's a high effort one, only from a few months ago and the thread got no replies despite being high-effort. I definitely feel it did resonate with me in that I am a subhuman non-NT (autist) male at the bottom of the societal pyramid in all ways that was an exhausted wagecuck when the film came out and I saw it.

Last edited:
I haven’t seen it yet.

Haven't seen it yet

I was a little disappointed tbh. The movie is overall pretty good, but it has very significant flaws.

make money, no message, idk, didn't read

Brutal societypill, makes me wonder how many male wagies can relate to the joker: working at some job that makes them miserable either by itself, due to other people, or both, being tormented by major unresolved issues and receiving inadequate or no support, and having no romantic prospects.
Only judging by the posts btw. haven't seen it yet.

@Joker thoughts?

It's basically making fun of us. Read:
Bastard Moves
I gotta admit, it's an aptly directed film. It's still not on our side.