Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious it's 2023. why we still have lithium batteries?

svgmn1

svgmn1

Fat link fanboy
★★★★★
Title.

SpeedyDearestFieldspaniel size restricted

Lithium1

3 s20 B9781782420903000092 f09 03 9781782420903

Don't have anything better in terms of cost vs price ratio.

Elon Musk its going to deplete the reserves of lithium.

my phone has it's back cover protuding out because the new lithium battery I replaced 4 months ago (despite me taking precautions with using and only using it from 20-80%, never let it discharge or charge fully to avoid stressing the battery) has inflated and now my phone turns of automatically at 75%. this is how reliable lithium is in 2020s

my phone has it's back cover protuding out because the new lithium battery I replaced 4 months ago (despite me taking precautions with using and only using it from 20-80%, never let it discharge or charge fully to avoid stressing the battery) has inflated and now my phone turns of automatically at 75%. this is how reliable lithium is in 2020s
Where did you buy the battery from? Maybe it's ESR has increased thus generating internal heat and creating gas.

Where did you buy the battery from? Maybe it's ESR has increased thus generating internal heat and creating gas.
it's definitely not heat because I set cooldown periods when battery temp exceeds 40°
battery unit was authentic OEM parts as well. it could bejust a defective unit/shitty made one. that happens. however Im just done with these dumbass good for nothing lithium shits. the maximum usage I could get of any lithium battery was 2-2.5 years. I know they could go for 4 years but that needs extra light usage.

we need solid state or graphene or some shit that could atleast go for 10 years. with planned obsolescence and kike mind tricks it would last 6 or 5 years. that's still double what I get with these lithium shits.

Last edited:
it's definitely not heat because I set cooldown periods when battery temp exceeds 40°
Was it a knockoff battery?

Was it a knockoff battery?
battery unit was authentic OEM parts as well. it could bejust a defective unit/shitty made one. that happens. however Im just done with these dumbass good for nothing lithium shits. the maximum usage I could get of any lithium battery was 2-2.5 years. I know they could go for 4 years but that needs extra light usage.

we need solid state or graphene or some shit that could atleast go for 10 years. with planned obsolescence and kike mind tricks it would last 6 or 5 years. that's still double what I get with these lithium shits.

edited

Batteries store energy because of a chemical reaction that happens in the cathode (a part of the battery). The cathode changes from LiCoO2 to CoO2, which involves Cobalt changing its "oxidation state". During charging, Lithium ions move from the cathode to the anode (another part of the battery) through a special liquid called an electrolyte. Lithium ions are small enough to move easily, but if larger ions like Sodium or Potassium were used, they would damage the cathode and the battery would not last as long.

I also work in a solar power equipment store. we sell lithium batteries. they are big and heavy as fuck (48v 100ah) we advertise them as having a shelf life of 10 years and active lifespan of 4 years with full load cycles but thats bullshit. with full load they barely last 2 years which is barely better than the "much much inferior" (as advertised) lead carbon batteries lmao

My phones battery also puffs up and smell weird even though its almost new.