Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion It can be difficult to find a good landlord, can't it?

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
My current landlord... I dunno. I find him kind of inconsiderate and disrespectful.

He's OK sometimes but other times it's like he really, REALLY doesn't care and the only way to make him treat me half-reasonably is to literally use the law to make him do the right thing.

I do think I'm a touch "high maintenance", lol. Like... I have some health issues and I kind of really value my own space.

I mean, I'd happily pay a bit extra every month just to be treated better!!

Anyway yeah. I dunno. I don't really want to buy my own place to live in atm. Maybe my only option is to either seek out particularly good landlords or to rent from letting agencies only.

Just wondered if you guys had any thoughts or experiences with this!

Most landlords are like that.

No one likes landlords. In revolutions, normally landlords are the first ones to go or vanish.

No one likes landlords. In revolutions, normally landlords are the first ones to go or vanish.

lol, I actually might become one soon XD

I am planning to buy a property to rent out.

Thing is though I *am* a considerate person. It's not like there's a rule or law that says landlords have to be cold and uncaring and so on.

Maybe my only options are either to be more selective or to go with agencies instead.

lol, I actually might become one soon XD

I am planning to buy a property to rent out.

Thing is though I *am* a considerate person. It's not like there's a rule or law that says landlords have to be cold and uncaring and so on.

Maybe my only options are either to be more selective or to go with agencies instead.
Based. Can't blame you.

We all gotta make $$$

I'd probably take the advantage of being a landlord to make normies, foids, and Chads mad. Even hike up their prices during hard times.

Based. Can't blame you.

We all gotta make $$$

I'd probably take the advantage of being a landlord to make normies, foids, and Chads mad. Even hike up their prices during hard times.

lol omg :)

In my case... basically I just got an inheritance and it seems like the wisest way to invest it.

I think that's the case with a lot of landlords. It can just feel a bit wild west at times and yeah lots of them lack any meaningful capacity to care about others, it seems.

My previous landlord was very friendly, reachable and understanding. Also he taked great care of the house because we only had one problem that needed professional repair in the entire year, which was sorted out very quickly btw. He also sent a list of what we had to clean before leaving and I got my full deposit back :feelsautistic::feelsautistic:

Now my landlord is an agency and they aren't so good, when they have to do repairs they take their sweet time (they took almost 3 weeks to send an exterminator to kill rats, which was a problem of the entire building) so we usually pressure them saying we'll sue them and cite some tenancy laws kek.

My previous landlord was very friendly, reachable and understanding. Also he taked great care of the house because we only had one problem that needed professional repair in the entire year, which was sorted out very quickly btw. He also sent a list of what we had to clean before leaving and I got my full deposit back :feelsautistic::feelsautistic:

Now my landlord is an agency and they aren't so good, when they have to do repairs they take their sweet time (they took almost 3 weeks to send an exterminator to kill rats, which was a problem of the entire building) so we usually pressure them saying we'll sue them and cite some tenancy laws kek.

lol that's a good approach!! Sometimes honestly the law is your best tool.

My landlord will say all these complete mistruths that benefit him that really are just absurd and I need to say the law to him before he stops.

I can't work out if he genuinely doesn't understand the law or if he's just trying to see how much he can get away with.

And yeah for sure you can get good landlords and bad agencies. I guess the advantage with agencies though is that it's easier to judge them, I suppose. For example, I know the good agencies and even to some degree which branches are better than others, lol

It's much harder to get that kind of clarity about landlords even if you've known them for a while.