Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Is trading/investing in stock worth it?

Akkadian

Akkadian

Legend
★★★★★
Has anyone invested before? whether in stock or crypto. i always see stupid ads talking about investing and shit but dont know if they are actually legit. While back i had a demo account but i know that it is very different from a real account.

I'm too low iq i would lose all my money tbh

I'm too low iq i would lose all my money tbh
JFL instead of teaching us pointless shit back in school, they could have taught us about the stock market jfl at this society.

I would rather gamble on sports than gamble on the stock market

Too lazy and poor to invest :feelsrope:

JFL instead of teaching us pointless shit back in school, they could have taught us about the stock market jfl at this society.
The elites don't want the common man to have stock market skills, they fear their leading position.

If you are good you can make money, but it mostly depends on luck, or if you have money (which you don't) insider trading.

Index funds are a good way to invest without understanding how money works. The money that you put into your account is used to purchase a wide range of stocks (so its well-diversified) and the dividends get reinvested into more stocks so your investment compounds.

It's much less of a gamble than picking your own stocks or investing in a traditional mutual fund because instead of betting on individual corporations, you're buying a little bit of everything and getting your returns from the growth of the economy as a whole.

I poured a bunch of money int one back in august, and my investment has already gone up by 10%.

Index funds are a good way to invest without understanding how money works. The money that you put into your account is used to purchase a wide range of stocks (so its well-diversified) and the dividends get reinvested into more stocks so your investment compounds.

It's much less of a gamble than picking your own stocks or investing in a traditional mutual fund because instead of betting on individual corporations, you're buying a little bit of everything and getting your returns from the growth of the economy as a whole.

I poured a bunch of money int one back in august, and my investment has already gone up by 10%.
I do a lot of index fund investing too. Really good for holding long term. I also think it would be cool to have a sum of money like 10k or more and try day trading and short term investing, but haven’t done that yet.

I'm completely useless, don't know how to request NEETbuxx properly, don't know how to program despite wanting to, don't know stocks, don't know how to socialize, don't know what bills I have to pay if I decide to live by myself, but at least I know what the quadratic equation is.
True despair at its finest, with the neetbuxx, just act disabled bro, claiming schizophrenia shouldn't be hard tbh depending on what country you're in

Does it do it for you or do you still need to watch the market closely and decide when to sell?

Does it do it for you or do you still need to watch the market closely and decide when to sell?
You're supposed to use this as a long-term investment, so you don't sell at all until you're actually ready to use the money for something. Your index fund doesn't grow from playing the market, it grows from the stocks themselves going up in value, and also from dividends (which is free money that corporations send to shareholders).

You're supposed to use this as a long-term investment, so you don't sell at all until you're actually ready to use the money for something. Your index fund doesn't grow from playing the market, it grows from the stocks themselves going up in value, and also from dividends (which is free money that corporations send to shareholders).
Interesting info bro:feelsokman:

I like investing in diversified portfolios borrowing some money from banks so that with a little more risk I can achieve greater returns than the market. It is my favourite cope.

It Is only for moneycels though since without a good starting point you get bored and don't have the motivation to save and invest more money.

Anyway if you want an effective and lazy way to make money just invest in vanguard or blackrock passive funds and wait.
The difficult part is finding a job that allows you to save a lot of money, investing is no big deal.

Stay away from technical analysis or other stuff if you don't know anyone in the industry with more information than the average investor, 99,999% of the time it is a scam.

If you're rich. You'll get nowhere with small trades and investments. You need $50,000 TO DO ANYTHING in America.

Stay away from technical analysis or other stuff if you don't know anyone in the industry with more information than the average investor, 99,999% of the time it is a scam.
JFL I know couple of retards that buy these so called forex starter packs and then complain when they get nothing
If you're rich. You'll get nowhere with small trades and investments. You need $50,000 TO DO ANYTHING in America.
That's the thing, I can imagine average people like us would be making couple hundred max which is basically nothing in this shit world

Firstly Investing should be long term.

I'm currently approaching 20, so if I started investing today. I shouldn't think about withdrawing money until at least 40 (just highlighting that you need to think about long term).

As others have stated index funds are the best way to go. It's basically a pool of money sent to an organisation/stock broker to basically invest for you. Any growth in the stocks + dividends is a growth in your investment. ---> Best method for an average joe.

Warren buffet stated:

"A smart person will invest in one company, whereas someone who isn't as smart will diversify their portfolio"

What he's stating here is, someone who has done their research will put all their eggs into one basket into a company that offers the most growth and will see HUGE returns.
That's not to discredit having a diverse portfolio, but merely highlighting you'll see huge returns with the former.

In answer to your question:

Trading is worth it if you're willing to put in about 20-40% or so of your salary (or more if possible) into stocks with you knowing what you're doing.
If you see money as reinvestment as opposed to paper to buy expenditure you should be fine.
Trading is also worth it if you go long term..

Just note: A market crash is approaching. I dont know when, I dont know how bad it'll be: but one is coming.

Firstly Investing should be long term.

I'm currently approaching 20, so if I started investing today. I shouldn't think about withdrawing money until at least 40 (just highlighting that you need to think about long term).

As others have stated index funds are the best way to go. It's basically a pool of money sent to an organisation/stock broker to basically invest for you. Any growth in the stocks + dividends is a growth in your investment. ---> Best method for an average joe.

Warren buffet stated:

"A smart person will invest in one company, whereas someone who isn't as smart will diversify their portfolio"

What he's stating here is, someone who has done their research will put all their eggs into one basket into a company that offers the most growth and will see HUGE returns.
That's not to discredit having a diverse portfolio, but merely highlighting you'll see huge returns with the former.

In answer to your question:

Trading is worth it if you're willing to put in about 20-40% or so of your salary (or more if possible) into stocks with you knowing what you're doing.
If you see money as reinvestment as opposed to paper to buy expenditure you should be fine.
Trading is also worth it if you go long term..

Just note: A market crash is approaching. I dont know when, I dont know how bad it'll be: but one is coming.
So basically if someone has a permanent property to live in and good salary then they can be relaxed with how much to invest. I've invested in crypto before, but didn't make any profit. I need to start reading more about index funds tbh. Have u invested before?

So basically if someone has a permanent property to live in and good salary then they can be relaxed with how much to invest
Pretty much.

First rule of investing: Invest in yourself. If you're in a mountain of debt, get that under control and get financially stable before committing money to investing.

I've invested in crypto before, but didn't make any profit.
Crypto is very very volatile.

One minute it's dead, next minute for some reason it's worth 100x the price it was going for.

Have u invested before?
I have never Invested but I've got someone into it and helped him start off.
He's still in college but can't commit a lot, but he's committed about $200 and is earning about $20-$30 from his stocks through dividends/value price.

Has anyone invested before? whether in stock or crypto. i always see stupid ads talking about investing and shit but dont know if they are actually legit. While back i had a demo account but i know that it is very different from a real account.
u need a large amount of money to make it worth it safely . also most people who aim for big gains end up losing money. but iif u have a job and live in USA, you can get up to $3000 tax deduction of your wage slave salary, if you lose $3000 in investing. so in that sense it's worth investing at least till $3000 in stocks a year but that is only if u have a job

When I get my NEETBUX, I want to invest, flip shit, etc. I don't even know where to start.

Crypto is very very volatile.

One minute it's dead, next minute for some reason it's worth 100x the price it was going for.
That's the problem, they got people hyped for bitcoin, then many idiots invested in it, raised the price and the rich elite sold it once it reached peak.

Central banks are issuing money like there's no tomorrow. Whatever you do, don't just keep cash.

Gold, stocks, crypto... buy some assets, don't just hold fiat money.

i invest only on my cope i like free copes :feelsokman:

@2340922 @Nothingness what is your opinion on this