Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Is there anyone here who doesn't engage in escapism very much? (like ~1 hour a day or less).

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
Shit, I just realized that I've literally engaged in escapism for an overwhelming majority of the day since I was A KID (even before I got seriously depressed since I became a teenager). Seriously, I don't know any other way to live. I get very anxious whenever I'm not glued to a screen and doing something brainless like watching a sitcom or browsing the internet.

For example, every single summer of my life was spent laying in bed 16 hours a day with my laptop next to me. Every single one. When I was at uni I'd come back home as soon as possible and rot in front of a screen. At uni I'd be on my phone as much as possible.

Basically non-stop escapism. I even often think of ways to engage in escapism WHILE doing things that require me to be ... present. I've thought of wearing headphones and listening to sitcoms when I'll eventually go to work. Or I've thought of developing a "tulpa" or more elaborate daydreams or other imaginary things to sort of be present in parallel to whatever I'm doing to distract me while I'm forced to be in real life. Those efforts have been ... fruitless.

Most of my youth was spent playing video games. I don't find them fun anymore for the most part.

I struggle playing for more than an hour, whereas when I was a kid I could easily playing from morning till night.

Real life is boring and depressing

Most of my youth was spent playing video games. I don't find them fun anymore for the most part.

I struggle playing for more than an hour, whereas when I was a kid I could easily playing from morning till night.
Yeah, I don't find video games fun anymore either. I still install and uninstall games almost on a daily basis though, even though I'm not having fun. But finding THE game that will be fun again is my white whale, the one game that will quench my thirst and captivate me once more. I probably spend hours every day searching for it.

I think I lost enjoyment in video games about two years after graduating highschool.
Tried reading books & got bored of that too.

Growing up sucks. Like what is even the point of money if copes aren't as fun?

I just wageslave and look forward to the little time I have off so I can cope outside

I just wageslave and look forward to the little time I have off so I can cope outside
What do you do outside?

i do escapism all the time because of overactive imagination, i think since i was a kid i used to picture epic moments where i created something amazing, always some kind of weird self-insert fantasy, i might still make it but it's taken a dark turn because at this point all i would ever get out of it is money, no real love exists for old guys with money

I find myself binge watching videos on youtube all day.