Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion is there any brocel here living abroad by himself?

T

Tenshi

Banned
-
If you do, how is like? Do you feel lonely constantly not having your family around? How do you cope?

I've been living abroad as an ugly exchange student in my 20s, despite considering that as a good formative experience, sometimes I cried

I've been living abroad as an ugly exchange student in my 20s, despite considering that as a good formative experience, sometimes I cried
do you had any friends to hang out there? Sometimes I feel like I'd be even more depressed

do you had any friends to hang out there? Sometimes I feel like I'd be even more depressed
at university I did, kinda shallow acquaintances that would last a term, then they'd get back home, but didn't manage to make friends with the locals

at university I did, kinda shallow acquaintances that would last a term, then they'd get back home, but didn't manage to make friends with the locals
where you from and where did you stay? If you don't mind answering, ofc.

where you from and where did you stay? If you don't mind answering, ofc.
I was in Finland for 18 months, staying in university accomodation, got scholarship and then a small job at a local company

i literally dream of not living with my fucking mom but im literally too autistic to sustain myself

My first year of college was living abroad alone, ngl I hit rock bottom during that time due to the extreme loneliness. But you do get used to it after a few months.

My first year of college was living abroad alone, ngl I hit rock bottom during that time due to the extreme loneliness. But you do get used to it after a few months.
damn, that's brutal. Do you have any siblings? If you do at least you parents didn't feel lonely too.

damn, that's brutal. Do you have any siblings? If you do at least you parents didn't feel lonely too.
Yeah I have siblings so the rest of the family was fine. Even though I'm quite the introvert being lonely still hit way harder than I expected, ascending in collge would be a dream come true.

I lived alone abroad once when studying. Tbh it wasnt that bad, I got away from my parents always saying I am a disappointment for a while. I guess it depends how close you are to your parents, I am not that close to mine so it didnt matter much. I would call to check up. Only thing I missed was my birds I guess.

But my cousin who did the something similar didn't last over a month. He got depressed and is still on meds apparently.

Last edited:
I lived alone abroad once when studying. Tbh it wasnt that bad, I got away from my parents always saying I am a disappointment for a while. I guess it depends how close you are to your parents, I am not that close to mine so it didnt matter much. I would call to check up. Only thing I missed was my birds I guess.

But my cousin who did the something similar didn't last over a month. He got depressed and is still on meds apparently.
brutal

Where did you live?

I used to live in China

I used to live in China
how long you lived there? can't believe you didn't ascend there despite being white jfl

Im basically alone, don't even talk to my parents, well they don't talk to me, so i guess even if i was living abroad it wouldn't be much different.
brutal

I feel bad about my mom we're very close but I just don't want to keep living in this shithole

Well, doing this for about 9 years from now lol. Shit sucks.

If you do, how is like? Do you feel lonely constantly not having your family around? How do you cope?
Have been doing this for last 7 years, not counting college (because you're not really alone there).

It's actually really easy, you don't miss home or family much, provided you push yourself into the new culture

Have been doing this for last 7 years, not counting college (because you're not really alone there).

It's actually really easy, you don't miss home or family much, provided you push yourself into the new culture
that's interesting, I guess you eventually get used to it

are you not an only child by any chance?

that's interesting, I guess you eventually get used to it

are you not an only child by any chance?
Am not an only child, have 2 sisters, both married to JBW, and live in foreign countries too. I visit both when I can, as do they, keep in touch a lot so is easy