Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Is the call of Chtuluh an allegory for the black pill?

grondilu

grondilu

Overlord
★★★★★
Metallica brought me to look into H.P. Lovecraft's novel "the call of Chtuluh", and I just did. The first paragraph already shocked me :

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.

It's hard for me not to see this as an allegory for the black pill.

Besides, lately I've been drawn to believe in long cycles in human affairs, mostly based around gender dynamics and sexual/moral taboos, and this is exactly what is suggested by the very next sentence, talking about cosmic cycles.

So I'm almost afraid to read the rest.

Knowledge is the elevation of the spirit, and flight used to be an allegory for its pursuit. With the myth of Icarus, the ancients taught us about the danger of flying too close to the sun.

The concept of the existence of a secret knowledge that would be too dangerous to contemplate for innocent minds is something I sometimes find here and there, usually in metaphorical form. Here is a music video clip for example :

I hate secrets, and it really seems to me that all those artists are hiding something.

As Nietzsche said : poets lie too much.

Last edited:
A very based quote tbh .

HP Lovecraft was known for his misogyny. Still mogs me because he had a wife and was a good lover according to her.

Ive been reading some Lovecraft, most of them are pretty boring ngl