Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Is the 1-10 Scale a Bell Curve or a Percentile Ranking?

Mr Joyboy

Mr Joyboy

I'm beyond emotions...
★★★★
I think this might be at the root of a lot of misunderstanding.

I always thought of the 1-10 Scale as a normal distribution, where 7+ are rare, but maybe some people use 7+ to refer to 30% of the population.

The problem with Bell Curve is that numbers higher than 10 make sense, but on the 1-10 scale a 10 is perfect.

Percentile.

Hence sub8, bottom 80% stand no chance.

bell

attractiveness=how attractive are u compared to other men in ur area, therefore there are as many % gl people as incels

I made a series of asperger's-tier posts about this on Lookism that nobody paid attention to.

IMO, it's neither. The 0-10 looks score tells you what the aesthetic distance is from being the ugliest possible person, which is given the score 0.

This makes it so that the aesthetic distance between a 6 and an 8 is the same distance from 8 to 10.

A 10/10 is therefore a maximally attractive/aesthetic human and may not actually exist on Earth.

Closer to a bell curve.
Legit 10/10 slayers only make up about 0.01% of the male population, whereas 5/10 normies make up around 30-40%

Just as I suspected, we've all been talking about different things when we talk about N/10s.

I'm a curve guy myself, I definitely don't see 20% of the population as 8/10+s.

I don't know what the standard deviation would be even with my own model though.

The problem with Bell Curve is that numbers higher than 10 make sense, but on the 1-10 scale a 10 is perfect.

This is a good point. Are we going to have to referring to Spinal Tap-style 11/10 chads?

bell curve. most fall in the 5 to 6 range though.

Bell curve, most people have normie trier looks (average, middle) and depending on how right or left you go the numbers start to dwindle as complete slayers and 0/10 are very rare. I think that's called the deviation or something

There isn't a widely accepted standard for PSL ratings so is my interpretation of the rating scale that makes the most sense to me.

PSL ratings go from 1-9
1 is alive but severely deformed the lowest rating approaches 1 so nobody can be a 1. Only a 1.0000...1
9 is nonexistent, the more ideal the man the more his rating will approach 9
Follows a normal distribution so the majority of guys will be withing the 4-6 range
4 is 20th percentile
6 is 80th percentile

Alot of male models aren't all of a high 8+ PSL rating since it takes into account sex appeal to women which some may lack.
Some raters choose to take into account height and frame while some don't. (I do because it is important for presence and sex appeal)

Subhuman (bottom 20 percent) are sub 4
Low tier normie = 4
Normie = 5
High tier normie = 6
6+ is chadlite
7+ is chad
8 is wide appeal gigachad who has access to pretty much all women
8-9 is where we begin to approach the singularity and things get wild, It's the equivalent of being a multimillionaire (low 8's) to a billionaire (high 8's). The sexual market flips to your advantage girls will begin treating you like a celebrity, you will get random catcalls on the street and random women will throw themselves at you aggressively,

I think this might be at the root of a lot of misunderstanding.

I always thought of the 1-10 Scale as a normal distribution, where 7+ are rare, but maybe some people use 7+ to refer to 30% of the population.

Bell. If you were talking about every man in his prime you would get percentages. But we have 1000 times as many oldcels (of which some were Chadlites themselves) than Chadlites.