Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Is nvidia gtx 1650 good enough for gaming.

Caesercel

Caesercel

Take a look to the sky just before you die.
★★★★★
Looking to buy a laptop, mang

I would say it's at the cutoff if you want to play newer games on AAA settings. Better off getting something with an RTX 3060 in it, it's just a little bit more expensive than a 1650 laptop.

Looking to buy a laptop, mang
I would strongly advise you to get a laptop with a 30 series GPU, but that depends on the games you want to play. If you don't play a lot of newer titles, you won't have any issues with a 1650.

Mogs me, though I don't play any newer AAA games anyways. :society:

Does it have to be a laptop? There are many disadvantages to getting a gaming laptop over a gaming PC
-less power to money ratio
-much harder to customise
-overheating
-gets damaged more easily

I would always recommend a desktop. Also regarding the 1650 it depends on what games you are trying to run and whether you are ok with low graphics/fps etc.

Does it have to be a laptop? There are many disadvantages to getting a gaming laptop over a gaming PC
-overheating

I would always recommend a desktop. Also regarding the 1650 it depends on what games you are trying to run and whether you are ok with low graphics/fps etc.
I strongly second this. Gaming laptops are ass compared to desktops.

-overheating

I strongly second this. Gaming laptops are ass compared to desktops.
I have to buy a laptop anyhow for portability. I could buy a pc for gaming and an ipad for other stuff but currently I'm looking for an all in one device that is portable as well.

I would say it's at the cutoff if you want to play newer games on AAA settings. Better off getting something with an RTX 3060 in it, it's just a little bit more expensive than a 1650 laptop.
I would strongly advise you to get a laptop with a 30 series GPU, but that depends on the games you want to play. If you don't play a lot of newer titles, you won't have any issues with a 1650.
Can 1650 run newer games on normal settings.

I have to buy a laptop anyhow for portability. I could buy a pc for gaming and an ipad for other stuff but currently I'm looking for an all in one device that is portable as well.
imo you should think about building a gaming desktop and then getting a cheap refurbished laptop for the portability- depending on what you need the laptop to do ofc

Whatever you do, avoid Dell at all costs.

The 1650 is a bit on lower end. Shoot for an RTX 2060+.

It's good if you play everything on low settings.

imo you should think about building a gaming desktop and then getting a cheap refurbished laptop for the portability- depending on what you need the laptop to do ofc
That's an idea. But this would just cost me even more money and considering the nature of my travels I'm in no position to build a gaming pc. But I need a windows device since my laptop has broken down.

What if I want to play games like Dark Souls series, Sekiro, God of War (2018) and similar titles on medium settings
Those games don't require much graphics so yeah you could run them on medium or even high.

What if I want to play games like Dark Souls series, Sekiro, God of War (2018) and similar titles on medium settings
The 1650 will do great in Dark Souls (probably even at max settings), I don't know about Sekiro, but it probably run pretty well. God of War, you may need to lower the setting (not by much).

That's an idea. But this would just cost me even more money and considering the nature of my travels I'm in no position to build a gaming pc. But I need a windows device since my laptop has broken down.
Well I guess if you are travelling a laptop might be your only option. Just remember the model of graphics card is not the only important thing. You also want to look out for
-the CPU (brand/model/generation etc)
-RAM (8-16 is good)
-VRAM (4 is pretty standard but really you want 6-8 min imo)

Those games don't require much graphics so yeah you could run them on medium or even high.
These are the only high end aaa games I could think of. What are some games that may require higher graphics. Also what do you think of gtx 3050/60

Well I guess if you are travelling a laptop might be your only option. Just remember the model of graphics card is not the only important thing. You also want to look out for
-the CPU (brand/model/generation etc)
-RAM (8-16 is good)
-VRAM (4 is pretty standard but really you want 6-8 min imo)
Dafuqs a vram

Then save up some money nigga.
I had enough but after some big expenses last year I didn't. Though I need a laptop and a sale is going on rn. Even if I had saved up I don't think my salary justifies owning higher end expensive stuff.

Then save up some money nigga.
I had enough but after some big expenses last year but I don't think my salary justifies such high expenses even if I save up for months.

Dafuqs a vram
VRAM is the RAM that the graphics card (aka video card) has. So basically a computer has normal RAM and if you have a graphics card that card will have it's own RAM aka VRAM

i have a 1650 Super and it runs games pretty decently including the new Gay of Duty. you wont be getting 144fps but the performance is decent, you can run a lot of games on high but the more recent they are youll have to compromise with on a mix of med/high settings

Depends which 1650 Mobile version it is, there's varying performance levels because nVidia are slimy Jews. All will play games at 1080p 30fps, don't expect much more than that. And you need a CPU that isn't shit, but I don't know much about laptops.

Caesar, you made the same question back in october.. i thought you had already bought it and called it a day

Last edited:
it can run fluidly older games like witcher 3. if you play any faster newer ones you have to deal with 30 fps

VRAM is the RAM that the graphics card (aka video card) has. So basically a computer has normal RAM and if you have a graphics card that card will have it's own RAM aka VRAM
I think in all models I am looking at. Its 4GB

Depends which 1650 Mobile version it is, there's varying performance levels because nVidia are slimy Jews. All will play games at 1080p 30fps, don't expect much more than that. And you need a CPU that isn't shit, but I don't know much about laptops.
It just says nvidia geforce gtx 1650 on amazon

It’s meh in 2023 unless ur playing old games

Caesar, you made the same question back in october.. i thought you had already bought it and called it a day
There was a sale in october. I missed it. There's another sale now. Ending tomorrow

absolutely but you wont be winning the pc master race.

How old are we taking. What are some high requirement new games anyway
I got 1650 TI and it gives 60 fps for Elden ring on normal graphics so it’s fine

But if u got money get RTX 2050 TI or higher