Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Is not knowing and not having control over life, what makes life exciting?

N

Naturex1

Greycel
I was thinking about AI, and imagined a world where we knew everything and had control over everything. Basically becoming gods.
And for some reason that idea sounded like the most boring idea ever. Why even exist, if you already know what will happen, and how it will unfold?
So I came to realise that excitment comes from not knowing what will happen, as a result of not having control over your circumstances.
Take free will.Due to free will we can't control other human beings. And as a result we have no clue as to what people will decide to do.
IF free will is legit.

Last edited:
I don't know why people keep saying shit like this. Stuff like "money doesn't buy happiness" etc... It always rubbed me the wrong way.

I guess I'm so far from neurotypical that my needs and wants are totally different than normal people's.

No it makes it hell
But if we have free will, wouldn't that mean that we could choose to not be depressed by being rejected?

Perhaps free will is only possible, when we're in control of our own situation, but not others?

Why I think this is important is because hypergamy and hypogamy is all driven by animalistic drives. So if we want to escape it we have to define what seperates us from animals.

Maybe we can't escape from the animalistic part of us?

Last edited:
I don't know why people keep saying shit like this. Stuff like "money doesn't buy happiness" etc... It always rubbed me the wrong way.

I guess I'm so far from neurotypical that my needs and wants are totally different than normal people's.
Look at my other reply, about the theory of free will only being possible when you're in control of your own situation.