Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Is nihilism ultimately just a subhuman cope

Caesercel

Caesercel

Take a look to the sky just before you die.
★★★★★
I've been thinking about this for some time. The truth behind nihilism cannot be denied. It genuinely scares me how doomed this life is. For all the talk of roping, the truth is my own mortality and futility scares me.

But I cannot help but notice that its usually broken subhuman men and women who indulge in this stuff. Infact my own nihilistic moods spike during times I show other signs of depression.

Chads and Stacies never think about this stuff even though they are as doomed as the rest of us. They just live their lives to the fullest like animals. They have no self awareness of their futility because they are too busy living. This leads me to conclude that nihilism, despite having this frightening angle to it, is a cope through which we tell ourselves that we are all condemned, so it doesn't matter that we aren't chads.

We pretend, for that brief moment that we are above wanting chad's life because we know how it will end. But deep its not true.

It's over for everyone. But only we can comprehend it fully

Yeah, it is a cope for those who have something wrong in their lives, I don't see why anyone who is normal would indulge in this stuff, there is so much fun to be had, I certainly never thought that way during my bluepilled days.

Nihilism is the penultimate stage in ideological ascension. One must first destroy meaning and purpose before one can construct and embrace it.

Entry level anti-natalism.

I don't like how everything is conceptualized as "cope". Nihilism defiently is not just a cope. It's much more than that. As incels, we have no other choice but to seek answers for our situation. Of course such stuff never crossed the minds of normies. Their lives are mostly devoid of misery and lonliness. They have more productive stuff to do.

dn rd but yeah

Behold!
Everything is vanity.
Make of it what you want.

I wouldn't even call it a coping mechanism because it's just a void of nothingness, so everything is without meaning and all things are meaningless, ok what now? stare at the wall or lay on the floor, you can only do that for so long until you either overcome it, or log off and go to sleep, I would call it a phase that we all must overcome and push through, in a world of consumerism people have forgot to create, and that is your meaning, that is your existence, creation.
Its not something as simple as "all things are meaningless". You don't get the weight of that statement unless you are depressed and internalize the idea that its over. It really truly is over. Even for chad. We are all going to age and die. When you age you will appreciate the gravity of that. But maybe that itself is a cope. If you were happy you won't be thinking about this.
Entry level anti-natalism.
I am anti-natalist but for a very different reason. I am no environmentalist and I don't hate humanity. But humans aren't really supposed to be conscious. In fact if god has blessed us with self awareness and free will then the greatest exercise of it would be to end out existence.

Pheromones are a hell of a drug and it honestly scares me. Nihilism is just a part of our unhappiness forcing us to act, a result of evolution killing off those genes happy with themselves not breeding.

What a cruel joke of an existence.

Also these junkies should not be in control of anything.

Yes I do get the weight of the statement because I have been there, I could suck the energy out of an entire room with the reality that we are all going to come to the same fate as the people before you and the people before them, I have been there and it does feel world ending and everything you once cared about dissolves in contrast to this way of looking at things, yes sentience was a mistake but you have it now and there is nothing you can do about it, so ride through it knowing that one day you will end, your very being will end and all the memories you have collected will end and that is it, erased. If you believe in god then you have salvation from this since you have an afterlife, if you believe you will do this all again then there is nothing but to love it and accept it for what it is and embrace the endless journey, if like me you think it is nothingness although I really would like an alternative to that because it is very scary you still must push on and fill your mind with information and continue if nothing else.
I mean what else could be done. I was just trying to convey that this could be treated as cope by people unhappy with their lives. Because the meaninglessness may actually ease the pain.
I don't like how everything is conceptualized as "cope". Nihilism defiently is not just a cope. It's much more than that. As incels, we have no other choice but to seek answers for our situation. Of course such stuff never crossed the minds of normies. Their lives are mostly devoid of misery and lonliness. They have more productive stuff to do.
Oh I never meant to say that its just a cope. Was merely pointing to that possibility. The first line itself says that the reality painted by nihilist thought cannot be denied.

I would say that is a pure cowards way of looking at things, make the world around you meaningless and pretend the things you do not care about even matter when it matters to you at heart, even if eases the pain and I use the word coward since that is just running from the problem rather than tackling it head on,. I'm not saying you're making this point just pointing out the problem with seeing the world around you as meaningless because it eases the pain of your current circumstances, that is like mental alcohol and only serves to numb the reality and the acceptance.
One can see it that way. But many a times there really is nothing that could be done. One can then find some solace wallowing in the futility of it all. But that's a dangerous road to take in my experience because at its conclusion there is nothing but total darkness

I don't like nihilism because it defeats the purpose of everything.

I am a man with purpose, no matter what.

Nihilism is a self defeating philosophy. If we are just material creatures, then how can we experience consciousness on that material level? If physical matter inherently has no meaning or value, then how can we all experience meaning and value considering the fact we are made up of that matter? How can "dead matter" experience life? Therefore the logical conclusion is that matter is not dead at all. That means all the matter in the world could theoretically generate a conscious being if the atoms were arranged right.

The whole "love is just chemicals" thing that annoying Rick and Morty normies throw out is nonsense. How can something that we feel be fake? If dead chemicals can make us feel love and emotion, then those chemicals are not dead. I don't know if that makes sense, but that is the most straightforward way to put it.

I am conflicted with the thoughts that if you truly are not for this world and you finally grew the courage to exit this world into the unknown then something in me believes that its quite admirable but at the same time if you overcome this and push on till the very end knowing and accepting with what has been discussed then that too is quite admirable. I have been closer to the former for a lot longer but I'm trying to question it from another point of view.
What irks me is that the final outcome is same either way. Frankly the only reason most people keep on pushing is because they don't think about this too much or cope it away. Even those who do think, in my observation, do it to numb their own pain.

No one has lived a happy fulfilling life and then killed himself in an act of purely logical nihilism. A philosopher once shot himself in the head for it, but I am betting he was subhuman.
I don't like nihilism because it defeats the purpose of everything.

I am a man with purpose, no matter what.
If I believed in heaven or hell I'd be the same
Nihilism is a self defeating philosophy. If we are just material creatures, then how can we experience consciousness on that material level? If physical matter inherently has no meaning or value, then how can we all experience meaning and value considering the fact we are made up of that matter? How can "dead matter" experience life? Therefore the logical conclusion is that matter is not dead at all. That means all the matter in the world could theoretically generate a conscious being if the atoms were arranged right.

The whole "love is just chemicals" thing that annoying Rick and Morty normies throw out is nonsense. How can something that we feel be fake? If dead chemicals can make us feel love and emotion, then those chemicals are not dead. I don't know if that makes sense, but that is the most straightforward way to put it.
Maybe the only real difference between life and death is how the atoms are arranged. And in that essence we are already dead. As in not really any different from "dead" matter in a fundamental sense. Not by definition of course. Death has a very specific meaning.

I do not disagree with you on this. But fail to see how this relates to our doom as a sum of biological processes on this planet

everything isa cope to a sub human

The whole "love is just chemicals" thing that annoying Rick and Morty normies throw out is nonsense.
Most normies only like that phrase ironically though. tbh funny how that phrase is considered pretentious when it's just a simple statement about things.

What irks me is that the final outcome is same either way. Frankly the only reason most people keep on pushing is because they don't think about this too much or cope it away. Even those who do think, in my observation, do it to numb their own pain.

No one has lived a happy fulfilling life and then killed himself in an act of purely logical nihilism. A philosopher once shot himself in the head for it, but I am betting he was subhuman.

If I believed in heaven or hell I'd be the same

Maybe the only real difference between life and death is how the atoms are arranged. And in that essence we are already dead. As in not really any different from "dead" matter in a fundamental sense. Not by definition of course. Death has a very specific meaning.

I do not disagree with you on this. But fail to see how this relates to our doom as a sum of biological processes on this plane
I don't think that philosophical approach has to say anything necessarily about death. I'm only pointing out that if we take a purely materialistic approach, then nihilism makes no sense. We are beings that feel emotion and meaning saying that nothing has any meaning. How can nothing have meaning if we perceive meaning?

Biblical christianity actually support the scenario of absolute nihilism as a second death to a 2nd body.

The first/current body , made of mostly water would be vaporized instantly if exposed to extreme heat such as a star/sun or acid bath.

For those having a 2nd body whose name not written in the book of life will be thrown in the lake of fire.

This body will be made from very strong and durable elements but however long it may last , a billion years or a billions times billions or until the end of time whatever of sufferings, it too will be ultimately be destroyed.
And when there is no body to hold anything, memory and conciousness will too be destroyed.

This body will be made from very strong and durable elements but however long it may last , a billion years or a billions times billions or until the end of time whatever of sufferings, it too will be ultimately be destroyed.
And when there is no body to hold anything, memory and conciousness will too be destroyed.

You can't just make your own stuff up you know, there's nothing like that remotely mentioned in the Bible at all. The lake of fire is only for Satan and his minions specifically that's in the Book of Revelation.

You can't just make your own stuff up you know, there's nothing like that remotely mentioned in the Bible at all. The lake of fire is only for Satan and his minions specifically that's in the Book of Revelation.
Also for those whose name is not written in the book of life, go read it again.
Revelation 20:15

Last edited:
Also for those whose name is not written in the book of life, go read it again.
Revelation 20:15

As this chapter closes, the victory over sin and evil is complete. Every single wrongdoing, crime, or hurt will have been punished. For those who accepted Christ's sacrifice on their behalf, His blood brings them forgiveness (John 3:16–18). For those who reject Him, their own sins result in eternal damnation (Romans 6:23).

I guess but according to you even the saved will eventually be destroyed at some point anyway (I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere). I suppose you get that a literal eternity of existence would be torturous after a while. Quite a lot of Christians/Muslims etc don't really think that far ahead.

no i dont know who the "saved" are, but if there is a group of people whose name are not written in the Book of Life , there must also be a group whose name are written in the Book of Life, thus these people will not suffer the fate of Lake of Fire..

so i suppose that scenario may be called selective nihilism according to each person ( past, present) ,
some life will have meaning and live on , the rest will not.

Last edited:
I don't mind the idea of a life extension plan, that's kind of what we've done to some degree with science. A couple of thousand years wouldn't be bad. As long as it's not a couple thousand years of inceldom, that would blow quite hard. Jesus can arrange some height and a bit of facial rearrangement for that. I'm down for that if it's true.

not nonsense, the show is very honest about reality and you put the phrase without its context
Listen Morty, I hate to break it to you, but what people calls “love” is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed. It hits hard, Morty, then it slowly fades, leaving you stranded in a failing marriage. I did it. Your parents are gonna do it. Break the cycle, Morty. Rise above.

Biblical christianity actually support the scenario of absolute nihilism as a second death to a 2nd body.

The first/current body , made of mostly water would be vaporized instantly if exposed to extreme heat such as a star/sun or acid bath.

For those having a 2nd body whose name not written in the book of life will be thrown in the lake of fire.

High IQ.