Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Is Negative Thinking good?

• Thread starter Deleted member 195
  • Start date
Deleted member 195

Deleted member 195

Self-banned
-
I mean, you can't be disappointed if you never had any hope to begin with right?

I've started recollecting the majority of the idiotic things i've done. All of this negative thinking makes me anxious, gives massive headaches and just feeling awful in general. I generally focus on negativity and the negative result of essentially everything and by doing this, I shield myself from attempting new things that most would consider charming in light of the fact that I just focus on what can turn out wrong of that thing and simply dodge it completely.

This may sound bad, but is that my mind ensuring I don't commit any stupid errors later on? If so, is it actually good I remain anxious due to negative thinking?

It's discouraging, yet I guess I can discover comfort on the off chance that others have a comparative mentality.

I think I get what you're trying to say. When my life finally went to shit (stopped going to university/became a NEET) I quickly started to resent my situations and made plans to improve to get back to university, dreaming about how everything would go well and how I wouldn't turn out to be a disappointment. But every night before attempting to go to university I thought of all the cringy shit I've done in the past and how I'd repeat all that again only to eventually fail. All that pressure got to my head and I felt sick and got panic attacks all the time.

Then at some point I just stopped hoping, became basically a shut-in who couldn't even deal with going outside. In a way things initially got better because I stopped being anxious about returning and just tried to ignore thinking of my situation in general - I couldn't be disappointing by failing yet again if I just didn't try.

But after two years of that I have come to realize that I can't continue like that, there is no joy left in life anymore. Reading, gaming, the internetz - - everything I used to cope with is now dull and all I can think of is how I will keep rotting for the rest of my life.

Anyways, I started medication a few days ago and let's see if opening up yet again for this world will do me any good. Sorry for the rant lol.

Tl;dr: in my experience the dull life of hopelessness and negativity is definitely not worth it. However, I can't et say whether dealing with life is any better.

thinking of all of your negative things that u have done/ witnessed in your life can be good, but it depends on your circumstance. If u are a good looking male it doesnt really matter, because your halo that you get from your looks counters all of that dumb shit and the privileged life overwrites all of the negatives.

But if ur an ugly male, negative thinking doesnt really help, but what can you do? Theres nothing wrong with negative thinking when you are born ugly. Accepting the blackpill is good, because along with it becomes " negative thinking" but thats just reality, because it shows just how much lookism and hatred of ugly males comes into play in life

Calmmaxx bro

Of course it is, we're told to just be positive for a reason. positive thinking gets you no where, while negative thinking forces change. If people weren't such placid sheep things would change really fast.
I think I get what you're trying to say. When my life finally went to shit (stopped going to university/became a NEET) I quickly started to resent my situations and made plans to improve to get back to university, dreaming about how everything would go well and how I wouldn't turn out to be a disappointment. But every night before attempting to go to university I thought of all the cringy shit I've done in the past and how I'd repeat all that again only to eventually fail. All that pressure got to my head and I felt sick and got panic attacks all the time.

Then at some point I just stopped hoping, became basically a shut-in who couldn't even deal with going outside. In a way things initially got better because I stopped being anxious about returning and just tried to ignore thinking of my situation in general - I couldn't be disappointing by failing yet again if I just didn't try.

But after two years of that I have come to realize that I can't continue like that, there is no joy left in life anymore. Reading, gaming, the internetz - - everything I used to cope with is now dull and all I can think of is how I will keep rotting for the rest of my life.

Anyways, I started medication a few days ago and let's see if opening up yet again for this world will do me any good. Sorry for the rant lol.

Tl;dr: in my experience the dull life of hopelessness and negativity is definitely not worth it. However, I can't et say whether dealing with life is any better.
Rants are good, no need to say sorry.

Last edited:
Negative thinking is great that way you never get your hopes up or expect to feel any pleasure from life. You're always expecting pain and that's what youll always get

No. You either learn this now or the hard way. It doesn't accomplish much but making you feel miserable. And why? Cuz you compare constantly. I'm working on myself for my benefit. I use the anger as fuel. Sitting on your ass being angry or angry at the world doesn't help me.

I didn't say anger is bad. Misdirected anger is. Why? Again it doesn't help you.

For survival yes for success no

When ever I get excited over something, it doesn't happen or I lose it.

No need to apologize. I appreciate you typing this actually. I'm glad you realized what's best for you and took action.

It's not good. But I don't even think that this forum has such a bad and negative vibe, tho. It's just that there is so much faux BS thrown in our direction all the time, that debunking it inevitably comes off as negative after a while. It's not like it's wrong to clean your room, for instance, but the implications attached to these ideas are always so ideological that you have to push back. I feel that most incels would appreciate some genuine empathy much more than people offering therapy, medicine, religious beliefs, etc. Offering the latter without genuine empathy can be an aggressive act. So you have to defend yourself against that, too. This all results in the community looking much more negative than it actually is, imho. Imagine someone crippled who is constantly told that if he prays harder, Jesus will restore his ability to walk... and once he starts debunking this BS, people call him out for being too "negative"...