Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Is It worth it to buy a ps1?

Regenerator

Regenerator

It's Hip to be square
★★★★★
I have plenty of money from wageslaving & PS1's & their games are quite cheap now. I'm a zoomer so I never got to experience playing PS1's.

You can emulate them on Duckstation no problem. With Lossless scaling and it's frame gen you can even play them at 90-120fps so i see no point in buying original inferior hardware. Only PS3 is worth buying since it's emulator is crap, for ps2 certain games are broken but 95% of them work no problem on pcsx2.

Duckstation qt x64 ReleaseLTCG 6GyRnAZfOA
Duckstation qt x64 ReleaseLTCG 0mtTSr5CL1
Duckstation qt x64 ReleaseLTCG vYf5iipBtS

You can emulate them on Duckstation no problem. With Lossless scaling and it's frame gen you can even play them at 90-120fps so i see no point in buying original inferior hardware. Only PS3 is worth buying since it's emulator is crap, for ps2 certain games are broken but 95% of them work no problem on pcsx2.
Didn't know that, Thanks.

Didn't know that, Thanks.
Do you even have a CRT? If not then there are absolutely zero reason to buy ps1 since they will look horrible on new screens, with duckstation you can add filters so it would emulate crt look.

Do you even have a CRT? If not then there are absolutely zero reason to buy ps1 since they will look horrible on new screens, with duckstation you can add filters so it would emulate crt look.
I do have a CRT. I'm looking at one right now:feelskek:

ps2 is the better console with better games
it's the only console i would say is worth buying

I do have a CRT. I'm looking at one right now:feelskek:
Then try out a Duckstation first and if you love it so much you could buy a PSX. Parasite Eve 1 is a good starting title i beat it few weeks ago it still holds up.

Download bios files too
View: https://gist.github.com/juanbrujo/cf55d223ad01927a48f9ebac9f50bdee
and put it into your \Documents\DuckStation\bios folder and set it up inside your setting like this:

Last edited: