Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Is it possible to know yourself when you are outside of loneliness?

Limitcel

Limitcel

A man is born free and everywhere he is in chains
★★★
Understanding yourself and the world in a critical way, observing nature, is it possible to want to look at this when other people cover your eyes?

I'm not romanticizing loneliness but it doesn't make sense to think if you're not alone

I think it's possible, but not likely

Eh, if you socially interact with people you'll know yourself. I consider personality to be reflected by your immediate first reactions and instincts. It's largely subconscious and you can't really change or access it.

Through some religious institution, probably

how hard are we trying to cope here.

i mean you have a point, loneliness gives you more time for self-reflection.

But this isn't a good thing at all, since you'll start thinking about reality in-depth, and reality is really depressing.

how hard are we trying to cope here.

i mean you have a point, loneliness gives you more time for self-reflection.

But this isn't a good thing at all, since you'll start thinking about reality in-depth, and reality is really depressing.
im not romanticizing it
just stating
Maybe that's why they cant understand incels or are easily manipulated, when you're not alone it's harder to have this cynical view of the world

im not romanticizing it
just stating
Maybe that's why they cant understand incels or are easily manipulated, when you're not alone it's harder to have this cynical view of the world
I agree. You are supposed to be too distracted by the company of others to be having these cynical thoughts in the first place.

I think its cope to think that interacting with others is in the way of knowing oneself. If you're not even honest with yourself and capable of thinking critically then you end up as part of the hivemind if you socialize, and as something totally useless if you don't.