Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Is it even worth going to college at this point?

blackoutblackin

blackoutblackin

Recruit
★★★★★
I’m currently 23 and never been enrolled in college. This is my third time applying. The first two times never went anywhere cuz I couldn’t decide on what I wanted to do. Now I have a clear idea. Acting. The problem is I have no support with it. My dad said he won’t be able to take me to classes as he said he has to work(nor would he wanna take me, period). He doesn’t think I could be an actor. As for my mom, she has no car. If you already didn’t figure out, I don’t have a license, nor do I have a car. So transportation is really the main issue. There’s also the thought of even needing a degree to pursue acting. I really only wanna go to college for it just to get connections, considering living on the other side of Los Angeles, it would be difficult to network. But those degrees are usually for theater, and I’m really mainly interested in acting in films and television. So what do you guys acting? Also just to clarify, if I end up withdrawing my application, I most likely won’t be applying to college ever again. Three times is enough, especially considering I haven’t even registered for any classes at any point during those times.

depends on the degree. most degrees aren't even worth the paper their printed on nowadays so if u want to enroll do ur research carefully. dont pick a program cuz u like it or its fun but only if it'll give u good career prospects

depends on the degree. most degrees aren't even worth the paper their printed on nowadays so if u want to enroll do ur research carefully. dont pick a program cuz u like it or its fun but only if it'll give u good career prospects
You think a theater degree would give me good career prospects?

a college degree can open doors to more jobs, if you're good at it who knows you might end up in a high paying job

I’m currently 23 and never been enrolled in college. This is my third time applying. The first two times never went anywhere cuz I couldn’t decide on what I wanted to do. Now I have a clear idea. Acting. The problem is I have no support with it. My dad said he won’t be able to take me to classes as he said he has to work(nor would he wanna take me, period). He doesn’t think I could be an actor. As for my mom, she has no car. If you already didn’t figure out, I don’t have a license, nor do I have a car. So transportation is really the main issue. There’s also the thought of even needing a degree to pursue acting. I really only wanna go to college for it just to get connections, considering living on the other side of Los Angeles, it would be difficult to network. But those degrees are usually for theater, and I’m really mainly interested in acting in films and television. So what do you guys acting? Also just to clarify, if I end up withdrawing my application, I most likely won’t be applying to college ever again. Three times is enough, especially considering I haven’t even registered for any classes at any point during those times.
YES.
KNOWLEDGEMAXX TO LEVERAGEMAXX & REVOLTMAXXX

No. Go to trades.

I think that all things being equals it's better to get a degree.
It'd have to be in a useful field (STEM) from a good university though.

If you don't get a degree, make sure you spend the next 4 years acquiring VALUABLE skills and building an online presence with references.
You should be somewhere on google with references and proof of work.
You have to be street smart and not be afraid to put yourself out there.
It's not for the lazy / undisciplined.

if i ever become a father (LOL) i'll teach my kid how education is the most useless shit in the world

Only worth it if you have a high IQ. If you're a midwit or low IQ you'll likely end up with a useless degree. Being ugly fucks you over as well. I know an ugly on discord who became a lawyer and he can't find work anywhere. Really for a subhuman it's high IQ or game over.

Only worth it if you have a high IQ. If you're a midwit or low IQ you'll likely end up with a useless degree. Being ugly fucks you over as well. I know an ugly on discord who became a lawyer and he can't find work anywhere. Really for a subhuman it's high IQ or game over.
You think going to college for acting would help me get better connections?

You think a theater degree would give me good career prospects?
Depends where you get the degree. The old college I went to had a great arts and theatre program where a good 90% of students got some sort of employment after graduating. Very crazy numbers for a art school/program.

You think going to college for acting would help me get better connections?
Yes. Just beware that a lot of people who make it in acting seem to be foids and gays. If you can fit in with the crowd though, you’ll have the time of your life, genuinely.