Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope Is House of the Dragon worth the watch?

• Thread starter Buried Alive 2.0
  • Start date
Buried Alive 2.0

Buried Alive 2.0

Warlock
★★★★
I'm looking for new copes, since my old ones, gaming and drinking, have become stale and started doing too much damage. I liked the GoT, until season 5, and have read the books, so I should be able to like House of the Dragon, right? Or is it utter shit like GoT's last seasons of pretty much anything Disney does?

Why would you want to watch a show that normies refer to as "hot D"?

It's pretty good. It's more like early game of thrones as they are once again following the books instead of making shit up.
(I only watched season 1)

It's pretty good. It's more like early game of thrones as they are once again following the books instead of making shit up.
Are the books finished?

Are the books finished?
The part that's covered in House of the Dragon ? I believe so, but it was written in less detail. It's a prequel.
I think he wrote a big encyclopedia for the history of the GoT world where he wrote all the details of past events, so the dialogues are written by the production team but the storyline is set in stone.

The part that's covered in House of the Dragon ? I believe so, but it was written in less detail. It's a prequel.
I think he wrote a big encyclopedia for the history of the GoT world where he wrote all the details of past events, so the dialogues are written by the production team but the storyline is set in stone.
I see. I guess it's a good thing then that the same 2 retards that ruined GoT aren't behind it.

I see. I guess it's a good thing then that the same 2 retards that ruined GoT aren't behind it.
It is. I thought they only ruined things because they were in a rush to move on but some of the shit they said is so stupid I doubt that.

It is. I thought they only ruined things because they were in a rush to move on but some of the shit they said is so stupid I doubt that.
They did go for a shorter season than what HBO wanted. If I remember correctly, last season was supposed to have 13 eps, so it's both.

Maybe it's even because of them that George Martin won't finish the books.

It doesn't reach the heights of early GOT but it's still far superior to the later seasons. If you liked the earlier seasons, I think you'll get a similar enough show that's also of a decently high quality to merit a viewing.

They did go for a shorter season than what HBO wanted. If I remember correctly, last season was supposed to have 13 eps, so it's both.
HBO literally offered to go up to 10 seasons... and they said nah we can do it in 7 episodes

HBO literally offered to go up to 10 seasons... and they said nah we can do it in 7 episodes
This is why I don't get apologists defending the show by blaming the lack of book material to adapt. They could've easily stretched out the run time if they included the extra characters and subplots from the books which were cut out in the adaptation.

It’s feminist garbage fucking the blonde whore is so obnoxious I watched it

It doesn't reach the heights of early GOT but it's still far superior to the later seasons. If you liked the earlier seasons, I think you'll get a similar enough show that's also of a decently high quality to merit a viewing.
I will watch, thx guys. Watched first ep yesterday and I liked.

It's okay if you can ignore woke bullshit.
It’s feminist garbage fucking the blonde whore is so obnoxious I watched it
Ngl it is feminist as fuck, I watched all episodes and there's not a single woman who is evil in the show and they constantly bitch and moan about the patriarchy.
Also making the Valaryons into niggers was typical leftist DEI-bullshit.

It's okay if you can ignore woke bullshit.

Ngl it is feminist as fuck, I watched all episodes and there's not a single woman who is evil in the show and they constantly bitch and moan about the patriarchy.
Also making the Valaryons into niggers was typical leftist DEI-bullshit.
Yeah, this is such bullshit. Targaryens fucked their sister to remain pure and then suddenly there is a nigger among them. It's so fucking retarded and immersion breaking.

Well, let's see if I can stomach it.

Yeah, this is such bullshit. Targaryens fucked their sister to remain pure and then suddenly there is a nigger among them. It's so fucking retarded and immersion breaking.

Well, let's see if I can stomach it.
It's probably only gonna get worse, recently I heard they hired this tranny youtube communist breadtuber for a role in HotD as well, what are the odds he just happened to be the right person for the job versus the makers of the show being woketard communists uplifting their in-group? I think we all know the answer to that.

Well this explains a lot:

It's probably only gonna get worse, recently I heard they hired this tranny youtube communist breadtuber for a role in HotD as well, what are the odds he just happened to be the right person for the job versus the makers of the show being woketard communists uplifting their in-group? I think we all know the answer to that.

Just finished watching and she didn't appear yet.

After watching it all this is definitely true. Some things are pretty stupid though, like Vhagar being super sneaky in fights, the blacks with ramen hair and Aemond making a duck face 100% of the time.

Just finished watching and she didn't appear yet.
Yeah no i'm up to date too, haven't seen him* yet. But that doesn't change the fact they hired him.
After watching it all this is definitely true. Some things are pretty stupid though, like Vhagar being super sneaky in fights, the blacks with ramen hair and Aemond making a duck face 100% of the time.
RIght, out of all the things this huge dragon is capable of, stealth shouldn't be one of them, but whatever it's still cool. Did you notice not a single woman is actually evil in this show?

RIght, out of all the things this huge dragon is capable of, stealth shouldn't be one of them, but whatever it's still cool. Did you notice not a single woman is actually evil in this show?
Yes. Alicent and Rhaenyra have done bad things, but I wouldn't say they are evil. I'd say few characters are evil though, just Criston Cole, Lord Larys and Aemond. Two of them are major simps. Maybe Otto Hightower is evil too, but he's very restrained.

I say pretend it doesn't even exist along with seasons 7 and 8 of GoT

Just found out the actress playing Rhaenyra is "non-binary".... JFL

Yes. Alicent and Rhaenyra have done bad things, but I wouldn't say they are evil. I'd say few characters are evil though, just Criston Cole, Lord Larys and Aemond. Two of them are major simps. Maybe Otto Hightower is evil too, but he's very restrained.
Foid characters are written with excuses already drummed up for their actions. I haven't watched the show and never want to, but I already can tell the pattern. Typical foid character writing in the modern times.

It is much more feminist than Game of Thrones and they'll make sure to remind you of it every episode.

That being said, it is as good, if not better than GoT. If you liked the first seasons of GoT, you should watch HotD, too.

She was in The Acolyte, too :feelsclown:
This is lifefuel for trannycels, you automatically get the job through DEI :society:

I may have spoken too soon. I'm currently watching episode 5 and it's almost unbereable.

Both foids literally get told by various male characters ''b-but you're a woman! this is a man's job!''

It's so fucking out of place. And those male characters are correct. This is also historically correct.

Feminists want you to believe that men and women are ABOLUTELY THE SAME, WITH THE SAME EXACT EXPERIENCES.

But that's clearly not the same.

I may have spoken too soon. I'm currently watching episode 5 and it's almost unbereable.

Both foids literally get told by various male characters ''b-but you're a woman! this is a man's job!''

It's so fucking out of place. And those male characters are correct. This is also historically correct.

Feminists want you to believe that men and women are ABOLUTELY THE SAME, WITH THE SAME EXACT EXPERIENCES.

But that's clearly not the same.
GRRM is a feminist so he's going to write about "capable" women challenging the patriarchy, but the most out of place thing I see is that there are men who take these women seriously when in truth, they'd just get slapped and dragged out.

These queens are extremely privileged in that they have simps doing their bidding and taking them seriously. In a way that's what happens today, but people don't see the privilege that simps give to women. And most men are written to be idiots or loose cannons. This is what I find the most immersion breaking and inaccurate.

These queens are extremely privileged
Exactly. I was readding some comments on Reddit about the episode, talking about how bad they felt for poor Alicent. And I'm like wtf??

She is EXTREMELY privilged. She loves to act like she sacrificed everything, but all she had to do was lay there for 5 minutes while the king betabuxxer fucked her.

Compared to the regular folk, she lives an AMAZING life. She doesn't have to do anything, she doesn't have to work, she has access to the highest quality foods and drinks. So does Rhaenyra.

They have better lives even than the noble men. Noble men are still expected to fight. Women are not.

AND THEY WANT ME TO FEEL SORRY FOR THESE PRIVILEGED FOIDS??

So foids want to have all these privileges, but they also want to be taken as seriously as a man, who has 50 times the responsabiltieis. Nah, that's not how things work :feelsseriously:

Exactly. I was readding some comments on Reddit about the episode, talking about how bad they felt for poor Alicent. And I'm like wtf??

She is EXTREMELY privilged. She loves to act like she sacrificed everything, but all she had to do was lay there for 5 minutes while the king betabuxxer fucked her.

Compared to the regular folk, she lives an AMAZING life. She doesn't have to do anything, she doesn't have to work, she has access to the highest quality foods and drinks. So does Rhaenyra.

They have better lives even than the noble men. Noble men are still expected to fight. Women are not.

AND THEY WANT ME TO FEEL SORRY FOR THESE PRIVILEGED FOIDS??

So foids want to have all these privileges, but they also want to be taken as seriously as a man, who has 50 times the responsabiltieis. Nah, that's not how things work :feelsseriously:
Precisely. All the privilege, none of the responsibility, risk or danger. And Alicent very likely cheated on the Vyserys, even though she stood by the kind until his death. Maybe that's part of why she didn't find a way to rid herself of him.

Rhaenyra is willing to face danger though, but she has a dragon.